Anyone else suffer with constipation??

I find that having 2 fat free activia every day is the only thing that keeps me regular and wind free!

Also, lie on your left side as this helps with the way your body digests food, I always do this and it helps. Hope you feel better soon. x

^ re those Activia - I have been MUCH more regular lately, and the only thing I'm doing differently is having those Activia one-pots instead of Mullers or WW or Shape FFL because they've been on offer, that's a really good point Malaika!!

Too much quorn is the culprit in our house !!

That's interesting, I eat quorn fairly regularly. I didn't realise it had this kind of side effect!

I get constipated too, veggie low-carbing. I bought Firbresure and it helped but not as much as I'd hoped. Might go back to psyllium husk but I got fed up with that, before.

I tend to fall back on Dulcolax now and then! I know it's not good to take laxatives too often so I tend to suffer in silence. Eating lots of extra veggies doesn't help, surprisingly.

^ re those Activia - I have been MUCH more regular lately, and the only thing I'm doing differently is having those Activia one-pots instead of Mullers or WW or Shape FFL because they've been on offer, that's a really good point Malaika!!

It really does work. I haven't tried the one pot ones as I have only seen the full fat ones on as specials.
The small pot ones are pretty expensive, unless they have specials, but I buy them anyway. I find if I give them a break for a day or two I get all bunged up and windy again, so they are a big must for me.

It definitely does, and I hadn't even thought about how the Activia might be the reason til you said it.

I've had a bit of windyness and bloatyness over the past couple of weeks particularly, which has been evating ever so slowly over the past few days in particular, enough for me to notice it. I had gotten into taking one laxative per week to keep me going for the last month, I haven't done that for almost 2 weeks now. It's def the Activia!!

Thank goodness I am not the only one with this problem.

will give activia a try, one question, how many syns in them?

Just had a look...

Most seem to be about 3 and 3 1/2 syns on both plans. Except for the low fat one which is 1 1/2 syns, the cereal and strawberry one which is 2 1/2 syns and the fat free ones are FREE!! Those pots are 100g and the synned ones are 120 and 125g.

I hope that helps xx

Might try some of these ideas as I'm taking Codeine based pain releif which makes me constipated which then leaves me feeling yuck and unable to eat much most days (not good really), used to drink orange juice or eat licquorice to help or a laxative if really bad but can't now on SW so tend to suffer as nothing works.

Am def going to buy the FF Activia when I next go to the supermarket. It's a shame as I'd just discovered the Weight Watchers desert style yogs which are lovely, but if it'll help get rid of wind it'll be well worth it!

^ constipation aid: 142g of dried apricots as a HEB. Trust me. Read blog. Please believe me, haha!

^ constipation aid: 142g of dried apricots as a HEB. Trust me. Read blog. Please believe me, haha!

I must have iron guts as I have been having that most days this week as my HEB and I really like them and my tummy is no different. For me it is only the Activia.
Before Actvia I took senokot a couple of days a week, and even that didn't budge me!

I think for me it's a combination of the two. The Activia is making me not feel so bloated but the Apricots are making me a little bit RegularPlus!

...which is no bad thing, since I have now jibbed off the weekly Ex Lax!

When i first started the diet, dear god i was so constipated aswell!! It was awful!!! I bought some lactolose solution from the chemist though and it did clear up well

i suffered today with chronic pain in my stomach the gurgling then followed by decorating the toilet pan sorry if thats TMI! think it might be cos ive not been drinking any fizzy drinks like my coke zero cos it seems to be ruining my teeth, had 2 malibu and coke zero last night at the pub and im beginning to regret it, think my body is better without it but im goin to have to think of something else to have with my malibu as its the only alcoholic drink i like other than baileys and wine (but baileys is like 8 syns and wine makes me sleepy!) i could drink redbull and vodka but bit worried about being awake all night, the problem is i cant stand vodka unless its with redbull any suggestions peeps??

Back