Anyone else switched from sw to ww?

I am thinking of going back to WW. I have been doing SW for a year and have lost 20lbs. But I have lost nothing since October. Just gained and lost the same 5 lbs over and over.

I have done WW in the past and lost just under 5 stone. But have gained it all back.

I like the boundaries that WW gives me. I really struggle with the SW plan.

I'd 100% say it's the exercise, your body retains water when exercising, carry on with the plan and I bet you have a brilliant loss next week. Exercise is fab and boosts weight loss but just takes a few weeks for your body to settle, keep going hun, sw works - I lost 5 stone on it but got bored so am now here xxx

icklerockchick said:
I will probably just keep my food diary in the same place while i do my ww trial run so pop by the link in my signature if you want to see what I'm eating :) do you keep a food diary on here? X

No I dont do a diary on here. Shall subscribe to your diary thread x

Hi I'm on day 2 of ww having swapped from sw I wasn't losing weight either I think it's because of all the free food even though I ate loads if fruit and veg hoping I will lose a stone on ww :/

Yeah i ate lots of superfree too but think my portions of pasta,rice etc were way too big even thought they are free foods. I have just weighed out tonights pasta for dinner and it looks tiny!!! lol

I am hoping to lose 4-5 stone before going on hols in october.

I have always loved SW but at the minute I am working full time, at least 12 hours a day and I have 2 small children. The organisation and planning SW needs is just too much for me at the mo so WW fits into my life better. I can get home from work, zap a ready meal (loving that the chilled WW ones are all 95p in Tesco at the mo) and be done. If I forget to take a packed lunch to work I know I can buy something and work it into my day.
I love both diets,but at the minute, WW just gives me the ease factor at the mo!

Just had my first day on sf - really enjoyed it! Had a bagel, crumpet and a smoothie which I would never have on sw! X

Just had my first day on sf - really enjoyed it! Had a bagel, crumpet and a smoothie which I would never have on sw! X

Let us know how u get on. I am on day 4 of ww and really enjoying it, had lots of stuff i would never have parted with syns for.

I'm on 5 th day its not going to bad bit worried as I'm at a birthday BBQ tonight but I haven't used any weeklies yet so hopefully I should been ok

sammilou said:
I'm on 5 th day its not going to bad bit worried as I'm at a birthday BBQ tonight but I haven't used any weeklies yet so hopefully I should been ok

I think weeklies will be like syns in that when you start you should really use most of them to see if you still lose with them, as some people say they lose better when they use them all :) then can cut back if it doesn't work for you. Enjoy your BBQ x

i did SW and it frustrated me that despite following it to plan & trying to have no syns and all my syns i lost 0.5lbs in 3 weeks & got frustrated with it. Ive since joined WW and been on it 2 weeks and ive lost 3.5lbs.

the good thing about WW is that you can have a take away/alcohol as long as you point it & i think it stops that mad binge that you might get with SW because you cant really have it on SW but you can on WW. makes me not want it. If you look at everything that you can eat for 7 points and the same points for a mcds hamburger you think, no im going to eat all this instead. I need to have the boundaries too with carbs which SW doesnt have. Not felt hungry & if I want to have choc & crisps I can. Convenience is another great thing with WW that you dont have with SW. Everything really needs to be cooked from scratch & plan plan plan & thats where my downfall would be when im tired I call for a take away & now I just either have a ready meal or point up frozen foods like chicken chargrills and potato waffles etc.

I lost 3.5lbs on slimming world, following the plan to the letter, weighing all my HE's and syns etc. Not overeating, 3rd superfree... then I did weightwatchers and lost 7.5lbs.... and it was easier to keep to and cheaper..! (although to be fair I think sw is a good plan, I just prefer ww better and it gives me better losses) :)

Oh wow I cant believe there are so many people doing this too.... Ive been doing SW since OCtiber and have only lost 19lb, and most of that was in the first 6 weeks..... Im stuck now, and portion control is an issue for me...so my friend who has lost loads and loads has kick started me onto WW... Good Luck all xx

I lost 2 stone on SW and since January I havent stuck to it and cant bring myself to get on those scales. I feel like I need a change so will be joining WW to try and give myself a boost. I just hope its not as difficult as I think it will be.

I am also a SW to WW convert. I joined SW in August last year and have managed to lose 2stone. But for the last 2 or 3 months my weight hasn't budged just putting the same lb off and on this is partly my own fault as I had just got so fed up of chopping veg for ages before I could even start cooking. Also I love baking and there is really no allowance for cakes etc. on SW. I joined WW last Thursday but only started the plan on Saturday I am hoping that this will re-focus and re-motivate me because I am determined that what I have lost is not going back on (this time) and I still have a good way to go as need to lose another 5 stone. Will see what next Thursday brings, fingers crossed

I lost weight on SW but then stopped following it so closely and put it all (and more) back on. My big downfall (which many people have said on here) is my portion control. I used to think nothing on SW of eating and ENTIRE tub of FF cottage cheese, which shouldn't have affected my losses as it was Free food but when I pointed it on WW I could have died!!

So I'm looking forward to learning new portion control. I'm also looking forward to having cereal AND a sandwich on the same day!! So far so good - 1 week in and I'm 4.5lbs down! That's more than my biggest weekly loss EVER on SW!

The day before i joined ww i decided to point 3 different days from my sw diary and OMG i nearly had a heart attack!!! lol My portions were way too big, and i was eating free food i didn't really need just because it was free.

Im a convert too! Sw to ww. Lost 3 stone on sw and could not get another pound off!! Changed to ww last week and lost 4 pound in first week. Another 2 stone roughly to go and then ill flit between the two to maintain hopefully!! Loving the convenient ready meals and crisps and choc and as u say sandwich and cereal on the same day.

Both great diets but didnt realise how bored i was of slimming world until i changed this week. Feel like i have a new lease of life lol.

To freedom...:):)

I've been doing SW since January and have lost 31.5lbs but am starting to get really bored of it and can feel myself slipping so I'm thinking of switching to WW just to mix things up a bit. How is everyone finding they compare?

There's still a focus on eating fresh fruit and veg as they're the best way to make your points go further.

But no requirement to have it with every meal like on SW.

Back