Anyone else think this is out of order?!

Jennyonaplate

Gold Member
My old landlords, who are also friends of mine, keep opening my post, stapling the envelope closed and then forwarding it on to my new address.

I just find it so nosy!!

Am I being a bit sensitive, or does anyone else think this is unnecessary and rude?

I totally agree with you this would proper pee me off big time!:mad:

how rude are they!!!

id ring them/or text and just say would you mind not doing that!!

i would thats bang out of order just say it was something personal!!!

That is not only illegal, it is also rude, ignorant and totally unacceptable, no one has the right to open another persons mail without permission.............

I think i've changed the address for everything, so hopefully they shouldn't get anymore post there.

I would normally do a re-direction, but as I lost my job I am absolutely penniless, so can't afford to buy a stamp, let alone a redirection!

It is indeed illegal and they could get in serious trouble if you were to report them (H works for RM).

I'd speak/text them & tell them this & if it doesn't stop report them....

I'm trying to keep it nice between us as we were friends, and i dented their floor (well who would use soft wood as flooring in a living room?!), and marked their worktop (seriously - oiled wood draining boards and just not practical!), so I don't want them to start kicking up about anything like that.

If you could send yourself a letter to that address and make up some headed paper and do a pretend "warrant". And the reason for the warrant on the letter would be for reading other peoples mail.

If you could send yourself a letter to that address and make up some headed paper and do a pretend "warrant". And the reason for the warrant on the letter would be for reading other peoples mail.

brilliant!

the post office will redirect it for you for a asmall fee.The landlord is acting illegally and I dont want to sound like a stick in the mud but the suggestions re warrant are also illegal.know they are only joking but be careful.I'd put itching powder in one personally.

I can't even afford the £7.50 it costs to re-direct!

I checked the legal situation and once the post has been delivered it's only an offence if you can prove that somebody opened the mail with the sole intention of creating a detriment to me.

I'm not that fussed about taking things further, it's just an annoyance! My dad reckoned they probably did it by accident - but then he's forever opening mine and my sisters post because he's so bleedin' nosy - Leaving my unopened post lying around drives him nuts! lol!

Perhaps, the most direct way is to gently say, you'd rather they didn't open your mail.

Hope it gets sorted.

Q

:8855: I was gonna say something really similar only with a lot more "rude" words in!

In future I won't be renting off friends!

They were so proud of their home, but the day I moved in I was left a note to say that anything put on the floor in the living room had to be put on a mat, and that washing up couldn't be left on the draining board - oh they're going to be in for a surprise when they get normal renters!!

Mmm doesn't seem that they made the most practical choices in their choice of furnishings.

Q

Well to be fair they lived in the house for years and redecorated it all themselves for themselves, rather than for renting. But you can't expect everyone to live like you do!

AND the house was Filthy when I moved in!!!!! I made sure it sparkled when I left - I actually cleaned all the skirting boards and window frames with a toothbrush! God i'm such a good tenant!!!

Back