anyone else use their hex B for olive oil

cat yoyo greaves

Gold Member
I have some garlic infused olive Oil and tonight i had garlic mushrooms and a butterflied chicken breast it was awesome i usually use my hex B for bread or crackerbreads or sometimes i dont even use it i usually make syn free garlic mushrooms but these tasted way better a nice change and at least i used my hex

I do occasionally when I'm following a Green day (HEb on an EE day is always my porridge). Nearly made a boo boo once when Sainsbugs had oils on offer & I picked up the wrong one - nearly bought the regular instead of the Extra Virgin.

I use it but syn it as I dont use too much. I'm cutting out frylight as I was using a lot and want something a bit more natural.

I probably use it as a HEB once or twice a week, but usually as a dressing as I think heating it might affect some of the healthiness. On the other hand, I still haven't quite got the hang of Fry Light for stir fries so I might use it for them.

I often use extra virgin olive oil as one of my HExB's for roasted veg, and use a lot of the phillipo berio spray oils, both extra virgin and regular olive oil which are 7/8 sprays for 1 syn and much better than Frylight

I often use extra virgin olive oil as one of my HExB's for roasted veg, and use a lot of the phillipo berio spray oils, both extra virgin and regular olive oil which are 7/8 sprays for 1 syn and much better than Frylight

Was gonna try those sprays once ive finished my frylite

I love the mild and light oil spray - 7 sprays for half a syn is brilliant and my pans are thanking me for not using frylight ;)

I love the mild and light oil spray - 7 sprays for half a syn is brilliant and my pans are thanking me for not using frylight ;)

Even better at only half a syn for 7 sprays, and totally agree about the pans!

I love using mine for chips in the Actifry but usually 1 tblespoon for 4 people so its not even a half HEx. Prefer oil for my pans as well. Frylight and good pans do not mix at all. I also use for some of my roasted dishes, potatoes,chicken pieces and roasted veg drizzled with EV oil so much tastier and I do not often eat cereal and skip bread as too small a portion.

although i use oil in curries and for certain meals i still have a few bottles of frylite (from when i stockpiled because i had 50p off vouchers)but as soon as they are gone im swapping to an oil spray for all other cooking too... i have bought them already and 1/2 a syn for 7 sprays i think is fab im also trying to reduce the amount of sweetener i use too i want to ditch the chemicals from my diet its the next step on my slimming mission

Is it only extra virgin Olive Oil that is HEX B - if so do you know why?

I was told that E.V. Olive Oil should not be heated because it damages the Phenol in the oil and living in Spain neighbours told me only to "eat" it not cook with it - cook with a lesser one.

Is it only extra virgin Olive Oil that is HEX B - if so do you know why?

I was told that E.V. Olive Oil should not be heated because it damages the Phenol in the oil and living in Spain neighbours told me only to "eat" it not cook with it - cook with a lesser one.

Yeah, I've always been told never to cook with EV olive oil! The book does specifically say EV olive oil but tbh if using oil as a HEXB I tweak it and use a good quality olive oil instead. Not that I'm recommending anyone else to do this of course! ;) x

Last edited:
Yeah, I've always been told never to cook with EV olive oil! The book does specifically say EV olive oil but tbh if using oil as a HEXB I tweak it and use a good quality olive oil instead. Not that I'm recommending anyone else to do this of course! ;) x

I will tweak with you then Missy - I don't like Frylite stuff except the salad one and always use oil for cooking spices and always SYN it but now - lets see. :)

Back