Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Megs said:
I'll be Drew Barrymore frim the modern version of the angels, shes the most natural :) Of course Cameron Diaz is a stunner, but Ry would complain about up top or should i say the lack of up top lol, lol.
Went running with Callie tonight in the rain, Ry didn't come the wimp, us gals are hardcore! :-D So i'm just out of a warm bath & into a fluffy bathrobe...ahhh bliss.

Ooh that sounds nice. I think I'd like to be in a dressing gown cuddled up to a handsome young prince on a sofa in an immaculate house. Instead I'm in my gardening clothes with mud and chicken poop, perching on the sofa before getting changed, sitting next to grumpy old victor meldrew, in s pig sty of a house

pebbles67 said:
It's no good. Tracy I made the diet coke chicken tonight, I did what the recipe said cook chicken in pan til browning, add teaspoon Chinese 5 spice, then add diet coke. I only had 2 small chicken breasts so I used half tin but I did use pepsi max not diet coke. Anyway I didn't get sticky BBQ type sauce , it did evaporate but it just dried put the chicken. There wasn't a sticky sauce bit in the whole cooking thread help. What am I doing wrong trace ?

Pebs I make the sauce on it's own and use it for whatever.
First I cook the onions till soft,then I add the diet coke and everything else and let it bubble away for a good hour or so and then I adjust the seasoning I even throw in a couple of chicken oxo cubes.
Then I use it on new York chicken or pork or chicken etc and I fridge the rest.
Hope that helps xxxx

pebbles67 said:
Ooh that sounds nice. I think I'd like to be in a dressing gown cuddled up to a handsome young prince on a sofa in an immaculate house. Instead I'm in my gardening clothes with mud and chicken poop, perching on the sofa before getting changed, sitting next to grumpy old victor meldrew, in s pig sty of a house

U make me chuckle. Lol xxx

I wouldn't say my house is immaculate exactly, it can be abit of a mad house sometimes, especially if we have guests.
And between dogs & horses & crappy scottish weather the utility area by the back door is usually welly boot storage.
Nope...nothing posh in this house, just alot of love & fluffyness (from Callie lol).
I am working in evening this week, so i'm just up & doing abit of food prep for lunch. I have to say i am loving the 8 syn daily thing ( i would usually only have 5 or sometimes less). I have mostly stuck to it, although some days 8.5 & weekend days maybe 9/9.5 so not too bad

Morning peeps, hope its going well for everyone. Tonight I will be able to go on the main pc and load some pictures and recipes instead of doing this on my iPod.

Had a good day yesterday, had a green day with 2 toast and marg and squashed banana (1b+1syn). Then worked in the school for 3 hrs. Went to my gym and did 20 lengths in pool plus sauna /steam then had jacket prawns salad Mayo(2 syn Mayo). Left there went to work in surgery for 3 hrs then home. Had another jacket with hea cheese and egg Mayo (1 syn ) salad and tomato risotto. Mullerlite with grapes and a mini meringue (2.5 syns) then I cheated and had a pack of salt and vinegar crisps (6) so I've gone Over the 8 but mores the point , my lips are blisterred from the bloody crisps . Red day today and no crisps!

Last edited:
Just to let you know that if you buy the new mag from whsmiths you get a free copy of the cookbook simply summer worth 4.95 :)

Hey there, I've just joined slimming world and I do attend the groups but I have my WIs on thursday so if you don't mind, can I join this thread for extra support? I'm quite young (19) and find it hard to talk to my friends about it because they're all much slimmer than me and I get embarrassed.

ninacaa said:
Hey there, I've just joined slimming world and I do attend the groups but I have my WIs on thursday so if you don't mind, can I join this thread for extra support? I'm quite young (19) and find it hard to talk to my friends about it because they're all much slimmer than me and I get embarrassed.

Hi there and welcome :)

Hi Nina...I'm a newbie too..started on Monday so Monday weigh in...good luck with your weight loss journey:fingerscrossed:

Hi Ninacaa and welcome.. This thread is great for ideas and support.. Good luck with yer weight loss journey..

Pebs.. I was VERY bold last night and had a chipper for dinner :'(
Felt so ill after it I dont think i'll be doing that again!! Mad how you notice how crappy a take away makes you feel when you've been eating quite healthy..
Anyway.. With that in mind I was down!! Wohoo :D 2lb loss for me

Welcome to the new weighers & hello to all the regular faces :)
Well, i've obeyed all the rules this week, ive increased my syns & exercised 4 times & changed my menu about abit, also kept the water intake up as much as i can...& i'm happy to report a 4lb loss toward the Team Thursday team effort.
Well done to every1 else & Good Luck to the Fri/Sat gang
Megs xx

Well I have gained 2 lb again , and have come to the decision that sw just isn't working for me.
I should have lost much more weight than I have , especially as I'm not eating what I used to.
So if it's ok with u all I'm still gonna stick around on here but am gonna try something else :(

Back