Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Ok roll up roll up , sw circus opens today. See the courgette taming mackerel, the human butternut squash and the scan bran man on the flying trapeze. See the fat lady step on the scales of death, the bearded man eat a week of hexb's in 1 sitting and the syn sisters walking the tightrope. drum roll please as I present to you pebski our ringmaster and her assistant tracydietcoke with her death defying trick with the whoopie pie whilst riding a unicycle. This truly Is the best circus I've seen in town. For 1 week only ladies and gentlemen take your seats for a fantastic show.
There will be circus food served all week with a range of quick and appetising snacks, a keep fit regime and a weight lifting class. So step right up and see how much weight you can lift today.

Kit lifted a high flying 2lbs
Mj lifted a tent stretching 2.5lb
Tracy lifted a technical fault to be recounted
Pebski lifted a big top 2lbs

Roll up roll up for any more

Pebs... You are NUTS!!! but we love ya!!
Welcome mjmummy and congrats on the loss..
Tracy you have been super good this week its defo down to * Be ready for a great loss next week.. Dont lose yer determination :D

3lb loss for me this week :D Really chuffed as was finding it very difficult this week.. Was finishing everyday with not even half my dailies eaten so was expecting a gain for sure..

pebbles67 said:
Ok roll up roll up , sw circus opens today. See the courgette taming mackerel, the human butternut squash and the scan bran man on the flying trapeze. See the fat lady step on the scales of death, the bearded man eat a week of hexb's in 1 sitting and the syn sisters walking the tightrope. drum roll please as I present to you pebski our ringmaster and her assistant tracydietcoke with her death defying trick with the whoopie pie whilst riding a unicycle. This truly Is the best circus I've seen in town. For 1 week only ladies and gentlemen take your seats for a fantastic show.
There will be circus food served all week with a range of quick and appetising snacks, a keep fit regime and a weight lifting class. So step right up and see how much weight you can lift today.

Pebski lifted a big top 2lbs

Roll up roll up for any more

Pebs u r one crazy lady !!!! Lol

Well done on ur loss u have worked hard for it :)

I already had my no counter this morning but am back on it now,I need to break the cycle of feeling deflated then eating something that got me in this mess in the first place !!!

Am making curry tonight but will syn the coconut milk,and there are 7 of us eating it so the syns shouldn't be that bad ,and am also making tofu choc pud for me with some strawberries and blueberries I think :)

Dubchick81 said:
Pebs... You are NUTS!!! but we love ya!!
Welcome mjmummy and congrats on the loss..
Tracy you have been super good this week its defo down to * Be ready for a great loss next week.. Dont lose yer determination :D

3lb loss for me this week :D Really chuffed as was finding it very difficult this week.. Was finishing everyday with not even half my dailies eaten so was expecting a gain for sure..

Well done dubchick that's a very good loss :)

ringmaster here!

thanks girls im glad you liked it and yes i am officially nuts. always have been always will be.

so welcome to abigailsmummy - i am afraid i give everyone nicknames sorry. tracy is often trace, dubchick is dubs, kittyboo is kit, i cant even remember all of mj's name, kankles was kanks, susmurf is smurfy etc etc, so abigailsmummy you are absmum. it helps to be mad or we'll all be fat. how much have you lost so far absmum and do you have a weight loss for this week. ?

so, well done dubs, i'll add you here.
tracy you just hang in there cos it'll all come good i just know it.
im at work at the moment til 230, then home to rescue the house from the ankle biters. then tonight im doing loaded potato skins and beans with frittata. catch you guys later:wavey:

Pebski lifted a big top 2lbs (back to 12st12 hooray)
dubs lifted a roaring 3lbs slimmer of the week!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone

Hi ya,
Newbie here.
I am Rebekah I have put on a lot of weight over the last 8 years. And in between had my son. I need to lose 6 stone to be healthy and be able to play with my child fully. running around after him and not getting out of breath.
I am brand new to this site i started Slimming World on 8/8/11. And planning to attend a friday meeting when i can. But at the moment weighing myself at home on a Friday.
I weighed myself My first week 12/8/11. I lost 4 lbs so gave me a real boost. Seeing all the lovely comments to each other really inspires me and would love to join your group here.
:)xx:)

Hi ya,
Newbie here.
I am Rebekah I have put on a lot of weight over the last 8 years. And in between had my son. I need to lose 6 stone to be healthy and be able to play with my child fully. running around after him and not getting out of breath.
I am brand new to this site i started Slimming World on 8/8/11. And planning to attend a friday meeting when i can. But at the moment weighing myself at home on a Friday.
I weighed myself My first week 12/8/11. I lost 4 lbs so gave me a real boost. Seeing all the lovely comments to each other really inspires me and would love to join your group here.
:)xx:)

hi ya beka, we'd love to have you, i'm pebbles the boot camp leader and its my job to bring a smile, giggle, offer a shoulder and basically keep this gang of gaggling girls in order. we have a recipe thread also so we can turn to it easily when we need a recipe that one of us recommends. its called 'pebbles and the gangs gorgeous grub' i'll put a link on the bottom of my posts today so its easy for everyone to turn up.
any tips ideas etc me and trace have been doing this for years so jump in and ask anytime. you 'll do just fine with us.

Evening to tonights audience.
circus snack number 1 being served by the side of the big top tonight are loaded potato skins.

skins
enough potatoes for your guests
half of a 300g tub of cottage cheese with chives
cayenne pepper
i used 3 large slices of ham (1heb choice, but it was split between 3 of us, so i'm counting as half a heb on green day. )
1hea cheddar cheese

cut potatoes into large wedges and place in microwave with a cup of water and cook for 6 mins of until just soft

cut potato away from skin leaving a bit of a base.

place skins on a baking sheet, sprinkle with cayenne and bake for 15 mins at gas 6

meanwhile mash the potato in a bowl with ham, salt pepper, cottage cheese and cheddar cheese.

once skins are browned, take out of the oven and load mixture on top. bake for 10 mins more or until browning.

add spring onions, peppers etc to suit your taste, i kept mine simple with cheese and ham cos kids wont eat onions.

tofu choc pudding
made with 1 pack tofu, 2 tsp sweetener, 2 sachets of mint choc options, (4 syns total, but divided by 4 of us. )
fruit and 3 mini meringues (2.5 syns)

loaded skins, beans, peas n corn, and frittata.

loaded skins 001.jpgloaded skins 002.jpg

That circus post was hilarious!! :-D Right over the last 2 weeks i have shifted 8lbs! (insert gasps of shock here! Lol).
All credit to Ruth she has kicked my butt.
Sorry i haven't posted but i went to England with Ruth for 3 castings (v exciting to see behind scenes) then we had a couple of days with Ryan in Germany & now i'm off to New York for the wedding, so i hope ur all packed cos in the words of Davina "say ur goodbyes, i'm coming to get you!" lol xo.

Megs said:
That circus post was hilarious!! :-D Right over the last 2 weeks i have shifted 8lbs! (insert gasps of shock here! Lol).
All credit to Ruth she has kicked my butt.
Sorry i haven't posted but i went to England with Ruth for 3 castings (v exciting to see behind scenes) then we had a couple of days with Ryan in Germany & now i'm off to New York for the wedding, so i hope ur all packed cos in the words of Davina "say ur goodbyes, i'm coming to get you!" lol xo.

Meg that's great well done. Glad you liked the circus. Enjoy new York, wish I was comingxx

hi there peeps.
roll up roll up - cos i did ! lol like a barrel.

felt so bloated after yesterdays green day and lo and behold i gained 2lbs this morning from yesterdays weigh in. what is that all about.
anyway onto a red day i went .
had a yummy keema curry - never tried before and a cauliflower and tomato curry which was also new and they were delicious - spicy hot but lovely. another day 100% on plan. get in!

good evening all, you are all a bit quiet today, are u stuffing your faces with superfree foods.
up early today to take kids to their dads, then popped into sainsburys cos it is a big one near there and i am desperate to get my little mitts on the coconut mullers. and there they were, 65p each (coop are 70p! ) so i grabbed 4 on special offer for £2. also picked up-
packs of mullers for £1.64.
some low low cheese spread on offer at £1
have to say i love love loved the coconut muller.
had that for brekkie, and a cheese sandwich for lunch with melon. out to a friends for dinner tonight, shes doing sw so hopefully be ok.

happy sunday to everyone. how are you all getting on?
2nd week into it for some of you.

circus snack number 2 here -

scotch eggs - note - recipe says to chill for 6-8 hrs before cooking - ?? whether that can be ignored.
serves 4 free on red, (add 6 syns if not using breadcrumbs as hea)

4 eggs
small handful of chives, & parsley
1lb 6oz (624g) minced chicken
1 tsp mixed herbs
1tsp curry powder
salt and pepper
8oz/227g wholemeal bread made into breadcrumbs

place 3 eggs into a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. cook for 7 mins. meanwhile chop the fresh herbs, drain the eggs, cool in cold water, shell then chop.

place fresh herbs mince and dried herbs and curry powder in a bowl and season. use your hands to mix together.

divide mixture into 16 balls and flatten each one. place 1/2 tsp of the egg mixture into the centre of each portion, form into a ball and press to seal. place on a tray cover and chill for 6-8 hrs. (i dont know whether you could cook immediately or not ????)

preheat oven gas 5, 190'c beat the last egg and brush each ball then roll in the breadcrumbs. place on baking parchment spray with fry light and bake for 15-20 mins.

Back