Anyone followed SW abroad before??

lulubelz

Hello everyone. I was on this forum a while ago (well...about this time last year actually!) Did SW for about 4 months, and lost over 2 stone. :D Since then, I have moved abroad, and have not put any weight ON, but also havn't lost any either. (Havn't been following SW here) but I want to get back on it and try to loose some more.

Just wondered if anyone had tried doing it in another country, where all the products are different (obviously not the fruit and veg!) but all the other normal products such as Muller light yoghurts (lived on those!) just.....well, don't seem to exist here! :(

Any other experience of this?? it's the only "diet" as such which has ever worked for me.

Last edited:
Hi there

Yep, Im out in Germany and even though I have access to some English products via the naafi -I mainly by German products and Im doing fine - I mainly cook from scratch so its easy for me to work things out than if I wanted to buy ready made thing - although I do it on-line so I have access to the syn calculator...

and I am in Spain and have lost 4 stones 4 lbs on SW without the majority of the products mentioned on the forums or in the books. There is always a substitute.

My yogurts are a supermarkets own brand they are delicious and free like Muller lights. I posted the composition of them in the syns section and the other members very kindly worked it out for me. I have done this with lots of items,

Most things you eat are normal fresh food products i.e. chicken, fish, cheese etc so you should be o.k.

Good luck.

Thanks guys! I do need to get back on it, because I eat healthily at the moment, but not loosing any weight, so obviously something is not quite right, so I think I'm gonna get back onto SW and stick to it best I can whilst I'm over here. (I don't do all the cooking where I live, so don't always have a choice in what's cooked or how it's cooked either. Boooo.....) but good to know that there are other people who are sticking to it! :) And you both have lost a tonne of weight! :)

Back