anyone going to watch the hogfather tonight?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kati, 17 December 2006 Social URL.

1. kati

kati Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I can't wait to see it. But it's been so long since I read the book I can't remember the story.

I hope it's not a let down.

Must remember to wrap presents while watching it!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    What side is that on I thought it was on next week

SONKIE

4. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    Sky 1 8pm - can't wait ! watched the programme about making of it too. I read it so long ago that I can't remember the story either but can't wait to see it - it looks good !

5. kati

kati Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    its on sky 1 in 20 minutes

6. cazmaz_irl

cazmaz_irl Banned

Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Its on SkyOne, tonight and tomorrow night at 8pm,

I've not read the books, but I'm sitting here waiting for it to come on, I hope its good, David Jason is always in quality stuff thats why i'm going to give it a go

have an eye on the final of Circque Celebb.... & Coro St.

I hated Grace Adams in BB this year, but give her her dues, shes bloody good at this circus malarky

cheers, Caz

7. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    AHHH THATS RIGHT FOUND IT LOL GOOD JOB YOU SAID OR I WOULD OF MISSED IT.....THANX

SONKIE

8. cazmaz_irl

cazmaz_irl Banned

Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Magicmel,

I love your tigger picture, Tigger is my hero, my house is coming down with Tigger stuff, toys, cups, bowls, everything and i've no kids ha ha, there all mine.

i just love tiggers attitude, my mam even bought me the movie for Xmas one year

9. kati

kati Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I didn't watch the making of it for some reason. Cant remember why.

But i always wait for something good to come on the telly to sit and watch to make wrapping presents less boring so this is it for me tonight. i usually have a bottle of wine while I'm doing it too, it was so tempting to buy one while I was shopping today but resisted so having to break a tradition. (another tradition is finishing the wrapping at 2 am christmas morning! hope to break that one this year too)

10. kati

kati Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet

How are you watching two things at once??? do you have one of those clever telly's or do you keep flicking between channels?

11. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR WRAPPING, JUST DONT GET TOO ENGROSSED IN THE FILM THAT YOU PUT THE WRONG TAGS ON THE PRESENTS.

SONKIE

12. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    Hi Cazmaz - yes Tigger rocks ! I love collecting Tigger stuff and Tigger The Movie. One bonus of losing weight was buying 2 Tigget T Shirts from New Look !

13. magickmel

magickmel Loves VLCD's !

Diet:
    Lighter Life and now CD
    Oh and Hogfather is on again tonight ! I did like it last night although I don't know why it was quite that narrative.

14. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Sniff - two out of three kids didn't want to watch it, so I'm in the other room with them and missing it. Hopefully will be on again soon. :(

15. AmandaJayne

AmandaJayne Trainee Maintainer

I don't have sky ....

.... so I'm waiting for it to come on to terrestrial television!

We drove down to Wales listening to the book tape of 'Going Postal' last Christmas - it really helped the hours pass more quickly! It reminds me to get another one out of the library this week - I fancy listening to Mort (I read it years ago - the kids'll love it.):D

16. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Not read Mort in ages, but definitely feeling the Terry Pratchett vibe at the mo! ;)

17. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Feels funny reading this. Terry Pratchett is my cousin, my mother and his mother are sisters, his mother is my Godmother not my Hogfather!!

Ashamed to say I have never read his books, apart from Maurice the Amazing Cat which is a children's book and was really good.

Amy, my daughter has read them all and has all the computer games.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching this, was really good - could relate to our family sense of humour with some of his comments through the characters, especially death. David Jason was brilliant as ever.

Did anyone think that Teatime sounded like Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka even the scary laugh:eek:

The sad thing is Terry's father, David Pratchett died a few months ago, it would have been lovely it he had lived to see this.

Linda

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Cool claim to fame - sorry to hear about his dad though :(

Apparently Mark Warren (?) did audition having seen Willy Wonka and said it was in his mind! ;)

20. kati

kati Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    wow you should read some of your cousins books theyre great! lol I haven't read them all but have read a few and have 1 of the games.

I must say though I remembered this story as soon as it started, the book was great but the programme bored me a bit. Maybe if I hadn't read it first I'd have liked it better.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.