Anyone gonna watch supersize v's superskinny next week?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by breadbin, 18 March 2010 Social URL.

1. breadbin

breadbin Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.3%)
    Diet:
    Exercise!!
    Just saw the ad for it, its a new programme on Channel 4 which puts the 2 extremes living together and a doctor to intervene. I think they try and starve the overweight and stuff the skinny ones. I'm sure there is voting involved like every other new show:)

don't know if its the right place to post but it is general discussion so to speak;)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hchappyh

hchappyh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Diet:
    GoLower
    I've seen something like this show before. If it's the same one there is no voting. They basically swap diets. The skinny one has to eat all that the fat one eats in a week (I think) and vice-versa. Then they look at the best bits of each diet and try to see where each is going wrong....it's quite good if you like that sort of thing!

xx

4. Wannabeaminime

Wannabeaminime Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(30.77%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    I watch it quite often now on itv2 i think it is or maybe e4? they're probs old episodes but i love it, although the skinny ones are too thin i cant help but think i wish i looked like that :rolleyes:
    xxx

5. breadbin

breadbin Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.3%)
    Diet:
    Exercise!!
    no i saw the ad you don't want to look like that;)

6. hchappyh

hchappyh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Diet:
    GoLower
    Would much rather be FAT than skinny like some off them. It's awful..or is that just a jealous fat person speaking?!

xx

7. breadbin

breadbin Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.3%)
    Diet:
    Exercise!!
    somewhere in between is best i think;) can't see how any bloke would find that awful skinniness attractive. there's a big difference between skinny and athletic

8. shelz

shelz Silver Member

I shall be watching. I love the show. It highlights so many issues with being obese and being annorexic. It shows how opposites they really are but in reality they ate both just as damaging to your health!

9. hchappyh

hchappyh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Diet:
    GoLower
    It's true, a fine line between fat and skinny. Neither is good for us and we both have an unhealthy relationship with our food. It does make for an interesting watching though.

xx

10. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    seefood
    I love this! In fact there's someone on here who'd applied to be on this series and I was gonna make a post to ask who it was so I can look out for them!

11. hchappyh

hchappyh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Diet:
    GoLower
    Really, someone on here....love to know who, like you say to look out for them. What a weird experience it must have been. Wonder if it did them any good?

xx

12. shelz

shelz Silver Member

What extreme were they at? Do we have a section on the site for the underweight?

13. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    seefood
    About 6 months ago I remember someone on here saying they had applied to be on it and were approved. Then they were asking people if they thought they should go for it but I don't know whether they went on it or not.

14. hchappyh

hchappyh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Diet:
    GoLower
    wonder if we shall ever find out who it was and if they went for it....keep us posted!

xx

15. shelz

shelz Silver Member

I missed the show, and for some reason cant find it on Channel 4 On Demand. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I might take a wonder to you tube and see if it is available on there.

I did notice a book advertised, highlighting thoughts and comments from the series, does anyone own this? What is it like, is it worth a read?

16. hchappyh

hchappyh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Diet:
    GoLower
    Sorry Shelz, no idea, can't help. If you do find out about the book, please let us know.

xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.