Anyone got 1.5 stone to lose?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by curlygirl, 13 June 2008 Social URL.

1. curlygirl

curlygirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi all,

Has anyone got around 1 - 2 stone to lose? I was wondering if it is harder if you have less to lose. I have been trying now for about a month and have lost 2 lb then put it back on, etc, etc.
    I am taking the pludge and re-joining a class next week in the hope that this might work.

Lel x:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. emski

emski Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.29%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    I want to lose 2 stone by November. Im not sure whether it is harder to lose the weight the less you have or whether we are more complacent, I know I look better now I have lost 12lbs and then temptation sets in .. When I started I lost 4lbs in my first week but I have lost 1lb this week. Im happy to lose at that rate as I am not starving myself and eating rabbit food. If I picked up my exercise I would probably lose more. Weight loss should be a gradual process and not a quick fix as it will only go back on as soon as you go back to "real life". Not sure I have answered your question lol

4. Lindam

Lindam Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lel
    I lost 1.5 stone in a year - yes it took that long! However, I did SW and made it part of my life's routine - therefore now I am not 'dieting' this is just the way I eat.

I have maintained for 6 months and now want to lose an extra half a stone, the trick for me will be the write everything down that passes my lips, even if it is more than I should be having!

More of less weight to lose which is easier? - neither I say, if you have the motivation and self control sorted out then things should work well in either case. Be kind to yourself if you do 'slip up' but get back to it and remember why you started the journey in the first place.

5. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    i have 1 stone 1 lb to loose from now, i definitly think its much harder if you have less to loose, right now im in my 'ideal' range for bmi but i have my own goals, lost 11lbs so far and it has taken 8 weeks. im averaging about 1.5 a week which is fine for me because im not starving myself. its a healthy way of eating and like lindam said its becoming more of a lifestyle choice. i know that in my experience, although this really isnt always the case but people who have alot of weight to loose do loose a lot more in the beginning.

6. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

i have 6 x 1.5 stone to lose! lol

7. emski

emski Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.29%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    In the words of Lena Martell .. "One pound at a time sweet Karen":whistle: or something like that anyway :party0048:

8. mod-karen79

haven't got a bloody clue what you're on about!!! ...but i would prefer 2 or 3 at a time! lol

9. emski

emski Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.29%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
  10. mod-karen79

my dad would love that music - his sister had a voice like that. he's scottish and his family used to sing like that round the fire when he was younger.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.