Anyone got more than 10 stone to lose? Eek!

Congrats flutterworc 10lbs is fantastic. Please don't let a smaller weight loss next week dishearten you though. I had a huge weight loss my first week too and thought I would feel disappointed every week afterwards. However, the first week is always going to be a biggie and then you just have to look at every lb as being another lb in the right direction.

Good luck for next week. I am sure you will do brilliantly. :D

And girloutdoors, a huge congrats to you too. Fantastic photos and such an inspiration.

finally i thread with people who have a lot to lose!! I have 13.6st to lose to reach my ideal bmi, but my first goal is to lose 6st in the next 6 months as i have been set that as a goal by the hospital infertility clinic, i have to show that i mean business before they will start any treatments. I did CD 2 years ago and lost 3 and a half stone in 3 months so i should be able to do this easy and i have something to aim for this time :)

What motivation you have Mush....You can do it! We're all here for support! xxx

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies and support. I think I will try breaking it down into smaller 7lb chunks, that's a good idea. I'm aiming to stay on a food replacement diet until June when it is my 30th birthday, my dad's 60th and my parent's 30th wedding aniversary all around the same time. I'll probably still be obese then, just less morbidly so and will hopefully feel better in myself by then. I know that i've just got to avoid making the mistakes i've done before -namely going back to my old ways and regaining all the weight plus more. I don't know if I'll be able to stay on a food replacement programme much longer than that as I am already missing eating but in a way it is easier that the temptation is removed.

I've just completed my first week of lighterlife. It's been hard but I've managed to lose 1st-now if I could do that every week i'd be happy. LOL!

How's everyone else doing?

I "cheat" on motivation. I have a bit of an attention deficit thing going on anyway (that is, I get bored extremely quickly, even of losing weight), so I have to con myself with different motivations.

First thing I'll do is massage my perceptions of my weight loss so far depending on what sounds more impressive. "Half a stone" sounds more impressive than "7lbs", but "11lbs" sounds more impressive than "under a stone". "3stone" sounds more impressive than "42lbs", but "45lbs" is way more impressive than "A bit over 3 stone".

Then there's the ticker, in my sig below. I like the ticker. I can look at it and think "I've lost that much already and it's only been XYZ weeks!" Even in the early stages it's surprisingly motivational. You go "Wow, I've lost 6lbs in only three weeks! At that rate I'll be wearing a size 14 next Christmas!" And then later on, when the rate slows down, you recalculate and you go "Yeah, it might be Easter 2011, but it's a far more realistic rate now".

I also get along quite well by telling myself "You know, it might be two years before I lose all this, but if I'd bothered starting this diet two years ago, I'd be there by now. I don't wanna be here in two years wishing I'd started today."

You might think a year, two years, however long you think it'll take is a long way away, but that's because it's stretched out in front of you. Instead, look at how quickly the last year or two have actually gone, and realise that the next year or two will pass just as fast, and you'll really get to your target weight in very little time at all.

I quite like that I can make my size 26 clothes last so long. I've had to put darts in my trousers, yes, but buying new clothes for a size you're just going to pass through in a few months is a waste of money, and perhaps more demoralising than you'd think. I've caved and bought some long-sleeved t-shirts from an M&S Outlet (fiver each, can wear them under the baggier clothes to keep me warm!) but for the most part I'm trying to avoid downsizing until it's unavoidably necessary. It also has the hugely beneficial side effect of nobody looking at me and saying "Wow! You've lost a lot of weight!" or "You're losing it too fast, you need to stop!" or, worst of all, "Are you on a diet? Here, have some pie and chips!"

'Cause by gawd do people try to fatten you back up once they know you're losing it ;)

And finally, I don't kick myself if I eat too much one day. It happens. We all have naff days where we're depressed, or really hungry, or tired, or put in a situation where we can't control what we eat so easily (a night out, for instance). So what? I'm in this for the long haul. One night's pizza in three months really isn't going to be a problem. Accidentally slipped up and ate everything that came within arm's reach? So what? Just don't do it again tomorrow :)

It's a marathon, not a sprint. And the sooner you get your head around the fact that there is no quick fix and that you are the only person who controls the size and shape of your body, the sooner you'll start shifting the weight.

Me? I've got about 10st in total to shift. Back when I started in September 2009 I'd look at people's tickers which were at the 40-50lbs mark and I'd go "Christ, that's a lot. Good for them!" Now I'm at the 40-50lb mark, I'm looking at the people whose tickers are at the 80-90lbs mark and going "Christ, that's a lot! Good for them!" Because if they can do it, I bloody well can.

Just like the four-minute-mile, it's impossible until one person makes it. Then suddenly that switch flips in everyone's mind and the impossible becomes attainable. Roger Bannister was the first, but since then the four-minute-mile has become the standard by which middle-distance runners are measured.

Ten stone? Someone's already done it. That proves it's possible. So let's get it sorted! :D

I'm really pleased to have found this thread. I started weighing 19 st 6 and I want to get down to 9st 6 which is apparently my ideal weight although I pretty sure I've not ever weighed that since i was about 15. So I too have 10 stone to lose. I've made a good start but I'm sooo impatient! I want my flubber gone now!

Good Luck everyone!

Good luck sassyjo x

I love this thread, just been catching up on the posts since I was last on and it is brilliant, seeing everyone's BIG losses and everyone cheering each other along. Then CrazyBrit's post was like a General inspiring the troops - brought a tear to my eye.

The Over Ten Stoner's are a great crowd. I think I will spend the weekend logged on as reading these will definately keep me on the straight and narrow and keep me from weekend nibbling.

Will look forward to hearing more great updates from you all then.

Cheers
S.S.

I totally missed crazy brits post...ooops sorry luv! What a brill post thanks!x

Hi Chunkylass,
Nice to hear from you, a couple of night owls together eh?

How you doing? I'm sticking to it (with effort) during the week but weekends are just a constant battle trying to avoid temptation. This weekend I've made plans to be out both days with the skinny friends in the hopes this will keep me on the straight and narrow.

Have you got any tips for avoiding temptation at the weekends?

Cheers
S.S.

I am doing well thanks how r u?

I am not the best for tips on avoiding temptation after having just cracked after the worst day at work and scoffing a chinky!

When I am being good i suck on sugar free polo's or chew gum as I hate eating when my mouth is really minty because it ruins the taste of food. I also smoke when I feel like I need to scoff, but obviously not a great tip for non smokers haha!

I always carry a bottle of water too and swig when i get a little pang. I try to keep busy too! Hope this helps!

Do you have nice plans for the weekend? x

I'll take any tips I can get and these sound good to me. Last weekend I thought I'd developed a personality disorder, was wandering into the kitchen and riffling the cupboards then telling myself to get out of there and behave - glad no-one else here or they'd have locked me up!

This weekend shopping with the girls on Saturday (they're already mad so I will fit right in) and Sunday over to my Gran's as I haven't seem them since new year and can avoid temptation there as she always seems to have soft biscuits and either tongue sandwiches or liver & onions on offer- what is it with oldies and offal?

What you upto to at the weekend? Is it your interview next week? If so best of luck, sure you will be a breath of fresh air just what they need.
Make sure you let them know that when you start work they will be getting less of you though!

Good luck
S.S.

wow some great losses on here, I have so far lost just over 2 stone on slimming world in 9 weeks, so pretty happy with that :D:D

Only another 8 or so to go :eek: but loving the eating plan :D

Feel I can do this long term.

Keep smiling

HAHA Cheers SS, My interview is Friday 29th will walk in saying seen as the job doesnt start till 1st April I'll need an allowance for a new wardrobe as I will be Kate Moss's rival by then hehe!

I am working Sat morning (overtime, time and a half, couldnt say no!) Then sat afternoon I have to help my friends dad with a deer! He saw it get hit in the road and injured so took it home to nurse it but he going to try take it out this weekend and set it free but needs a hand gettin it out of the shed and cleaning it before he lets her go as the poor thing is absolutly matted in blood. How the hell I get myself in to these things I dont know! His daughter moved up north and I spent have my childhood there so he calls me when he needs help. Then Sat night I am going to a Burns night, we arent scottish but lived in Scotland a long time so a family tradition. No idea how many WW point in haggis but i cant miss out, only once a year I keep telling myself!

Grandparents... crazy bless them. I dont have any anymore god bless them. but hubbys gran always tries to give me sandwiches with ham from a tin. I told her if ham in a tin was good everyone would buy it and she just laughs me off! Who actually likes hame with jelly around the edges urgh!!

Then Sunday I have no plans as of yet...hoping to pack my hubby off with for a game of golf so I can have a bit of me time. He said seen as you are trying to lose weight why don't you caddy for me. Haha, yeh good joke hubby!! So I expect Sunday will turn in to a house work day, Joy!!xx

I find that doing a decent amount of something other than eating distracts me from the cravings. It's not so easy at work (because, by its very nature, work is boring - else they wouldn't have to pay me to turn up :D), but in non-work time that's as simple as playing a game, reading a book, or heading out for some shopping or to see friends.

How much is 10 stone in kg again? :) I always get confused.

However much it is, you can do it! As so many wise people said before, break it into smaller goals and smaller tickers and make sure you have one. -Ask someone how to get a weight loss ticker and add it to your signature, if you're anything like me that alone and it could keep you going! :)-

Fingers crossed for you and everyone else in this thread!

oh yes.

Hi everyone - am new to this. Unsurprisingly, not new to diets - have dieted on and off for over half my life, and always end up putting back on more than I lose.
I am just really greedy and completely obsessed with food. It's always quantity over quality for me, and I think about food all the time.
However, now, enough really is enough. I started a diet on Monday (dietchef) and have worked out I have about 12 and a half stones to lose. Christ. :eek:
To be honest, I don't know exactly how much I weigh, because my scales say 'Err' when I step on them. I think they cut out at 24st so it's a pretty educated guess that I weigh 24st7lbs but we shall see. So...my first goal is to get the scales to actually show my weight. Eek.:sigh:
I no longer 'wear my weight well' and recent photographs with with my friends show how bad I now look. :cry:
In a couple of years I want children - so best to start this weight loss properly now.
All doom and gloom! But....this is day 5 of my diet, and it really helps that my husband is doing it too (he has lots more willpower than I do!).
Good luck everyone - am hoping being a regular member of this board will help me keep motivated :)

Hi TIMETOSHINE, Good luck with the weight loss. How are you finding the diet you are doing? Is that a food replacement one? Have a good weekend x`

Back