anyone have a successful first week after a bit of rubbish prep??

clairem87

cos i need this xxx
i am starting cd on sunday after meeting with my cdc tomorrow - i started off well with my prep yesterday but kinda had "last supper" mode on - but i resisted well, telling myself im serious this time etc etc. that was until i had a big row with my ex and just went on a big junk food binge :( im gonna do good prep (low carbs, lower fat etc) today and tomoro - do you think i can still have a good first week or do u think i shld lower my expectations cos ive not prepared very well???

I didn't prepare hun and managed to lose 6lb on my first week - ok so not a massive loss, but was still good for me. I think preperation helps to reduce the side effects of the first week more than anything and makes the transition over to CD a little easier.

All the best on your journey.

Charlie xx

cool - id be happy with 6 lbs lol - more than happy - i'd be thrilled!!! how are you finding cd?? how did u manage to adjust to not eating anyhting? ive been warned the first few days are pretty harsh but after to you get into ketosis its generally pretty easy - have u found that??

xcx

If I am being totally honest, I really struggle with SS and often have a little blip, hence why my weight loss is a bit slower than some people. However I am losing and really pleased with the results.

The first week can be a killer. Watch out for headaches, they can be nasty but is fine to take paracetamol and / or Nurofen. Watch out for constipation too, can be a real pain in the ar*e lol. There are quite a few threads on here about it. Is so worth it though.

All the best on your journey.

Charlie xx

haha - a pain in the ar*e! i love me a good pun!!
yeah - ive stocked up on painkillers and water! im just worried about the urge to binge - i figure once im on track itll be ok cos im good at not eating until i eat if u know what i mean so ss sounds good for me!

xcx

i never did prep, just had what i wanted and i lost 14lb my first week

lowering your carbs and upping the water helps with the transition onto cd but not doing it wont prevent you having a good week

I have done SS before (last year) and I'm finishing my journey starting this afternoon. I usually try to up my water intake and lower the carbs a bit in the couple of days before I start but the easiest way for me to start ss, and reduce side effects in the first few days is as follows: I am officially starting ss tomorrow but today I have eaten a small breakfast and I will have a small lunch (probably just a bowl of fruit or something) then after that I will have nothing but water and my first pack of CD tonight. this seems to work really well for me as my body has all afternoon and night to get used to not eating and I usually get into ketosis by the day after. I figure that while I'm sleeping I'm not going to think about being hungry tonight. hope this makes sense. I'm also sorry if there are lots of spelling mistakes - I'm doing this from my iPhone and it's taking ages!!!! good luck and keep us posted on how it goes xxx

That sounds very sensible KeelieWB, and best of luck for the last leg of your journey! Like other replies, I wasn't sensible and had the last supper mentality. Didn't seem to effect speed of weight loss, but perhaps just a few more 'feeling lousy' days. Good luck for your Sunday start Claire.

Hey Claire,

I did the last supper thing too and lost 9lbs in my first week....ok it wasn't on CD but it was the same concept, a VLCD.
Just increase water intake before starting and you'll be grand! :)

My first full week on CD - Sat/Sun wash outs, Mon-Wed SS, Thurs 810, Fri 810 and I still lost 6lbs....so really happy!!!

I didn't do any prep and lost 15lbs in my first week, no prep last time either and lost either 11 or 13, can't remember which. The prep would probably bring your loss down a little as there's less of a glycogen store I would think... just makes it less of a crash, so in a way a bit easier, I really wouldn't worry about it, just go for it and you'll probably find you surprise yourself!

I did a cut down week with a few days of having a couple of shakes then a meal...maybe that's why I didn't have a spectacular weight loss first week - but hopefully it also means it was all fat that was lost too! :):)

Claire, don't worry about it. The idea of cutting down your carbs and upping your water in the preceeding days to doing cd is just to make getting into Ketosis a little easier.

Most people don't do it, but I always recommend it as its something I did myself. But if you are motivated enough, and you sound as if you are, the first three days aren't that hard. Having your head in the right place is half the battle!

Cat x

Ooops must stop saying "cd" and remember its "cwp" :p

Back