Anyone heard of/use this website?

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by PurpleButterfly, 1 April 2009 Social URL.

1. PurpleButterfly

PurpleButterfly 16lb to go!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(14.6%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting plain and simple :)
    Hey all,

Just wanted to make it clear firstly that I am NOT advertising this website, or anything. I just want to see others' experiences and make people aware of what I think is a blooming good website.

I just found this website on a google search today, and it seems really informative and good to me. It is based on calorie counting & exercise to losing weight, you have to pay £8 a month to use it but there's a free 24hr trial you can do if you want to. It works out your exact calorie requirements based on your age, gender, height, weight and activity level. It gives you how many calories you need to consume if you're aiming to lose 2lb a week, 1.5lb, 1lb or 0.5lb. Then you can input what exercise you've done that day, and it readjusts how many calories you need to eat. You also input all your food you've eaten in the day, and it works out exactly how many calories you've eaten and still need to eat.

There's exercise plans available on there, I tried it today and it was good fun actually.
    It also has a little graph that tracks your weight loss as well, which gives a predictive time for when you'll get to goal.

See what you think!

Weight Loss Resources

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    WLR is fab. I used it in the past for calorie counting, but it really helped me so much after I got to goal with Cambridge.

Used it for about 6-9 months after goal until I really knew what I was doing.

Best calorie counting site out there IMO.

4. HelenG

HelenG Member

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    21st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Dashed good question Jeeves!
    I'm with KD - I used it for months before I realised I really needed a group and so switched to WW. By far the best calorie counting site I had found - hope you find it as useful as I did:D

5. princess82

princess82 Member

Start Weight:
    22st12lb
    Current Weight:
    22st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi PurpleButterfly, I signed up a week ago to that website and did my first "weigh in" this morning and had lost 8lbs! I'm over the moon and convinced that recording my food in the diary on the WLR website is what's going to work for me.. hope it's good for you too!

Take care!!

6. Lostris

Lostris Serena's title didn't fit

Start Weight:
    111kg
    Current Weight:
    100.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Lost(%):
    10.7kg(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    If I was actually from the UK I'd use it. I;m not so it'll be a huge pain in my bum to even try to pay for it so won't do that.

I used the trial and it's a great website!!

x

7. *gold.emerald*

*gold.emerald* dancing queen ;)

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    5st12lb(32.93%)
    Diet:
    *my own*;no diet, but exercising&watching cals
    im not using it, but I find most of the information I need on there, and they really seem to know what they are talking about. So ...thumbs up to WLR

8. coley144

coley144 Creating my life

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st2lb(33%)
    Diet:
    No diet. Pregnant
  9. Nash

Nash Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.8%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Another good (FREE) one is calorieking.com.au. It's an aussie site but has a great food diary, calories etc. and it's got a CK university that's a good read.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.