• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Anyone help please?

Frumpster

Becoming Un-Frumpy!
Hi everyone

I have recently started calorie counting after several unsuccessful attempts at CD790. I am having between 1400-1500 cals per day and using weightlossresources to track my food and exercise.

Last Tuesday I attempted running (on the spot in my kitchen!!) and managed 30 seconds befre feeling sick and having to stop. I have persevered and upped my running each day and have this morning managed to run non-stop for 15 minutes :D I feel so proud of myself, sorry if that sounds big headed, it's just I have never been able to run, and for the last few years have been out of breath just walking around the block, or climbing the stairs. Anyway. I weighed myself this morning expecting to see a good loss and I have lost 0.25 lb.

I am 16 st 1.25 lb so I have plenty to lose. Could it be that I am gaining a little muscle weight? I would have thought that running helped shed the pounds quickly.

Has anyone got any advice please? I'm not giving up as my clothes are alreadt getting loose, but I feel quite down about it.

Thanks

The Frumpy One
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

girlygirl

Silver Member
You could be gaining muscle. You could also be retaining a bit of glycogen cos your muscles need it to function properly and they are not used to 'running'!

Don't get downhearted, just give it time.

Frumpster

Becoming Un-Frumpy!
Thanks GG

I know you are right, just waiting for that overnight miracle to happen :)

xxluckyxx

Silver Member
Muscle weighs heavier than fat , or so we get told . if your clothes are feeling looser then id judge things by that .
Have you taken measurements from around different areas of your body ?
Its amazing how many inches you can lose even if the wieght is staying the same .

Well done on your 15mins thou !!! Excellent !!!!

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
S: 18st2lb C: 15st8.5lb G: 11st2lb Loss: 2st7.5lb(13.98%)
Hi Frumpster,

Have you done body measurements as your bound to be losing some inches.:rolleyes:

It is amazing how forgiving the body is...15 minutes is WOW!

Well done.

Love Mini xxx

Kate

CDC/PT/PITA
How much water are you drinking? I'd be willing to bet that you're retaining water. It's not going to be extra muscle weight - I'd love it if I could build enough muscle in a week for it to show on the scales but without some very serious weight training it's not going to happen.

Also, the person who mentioned glycogen retention - I think you're getting confused with water retention. It's surprising how much extra water you need to drink when you're exercising!

girlygirl

Silver Member
Hmmmm...

I was told that one should not exercise vigorously when SS-ing because, and I quote, 'there isn't enough glycogen to fuel the muscles'.

So it would appear that muscle tissue does retain glycogen - except when one is SS-ing!

Frumpster

Becoming Un-Frumpy!
I'm drinking around 2ltrs water a day. Not going below 1.5 ltrs. Do you think it's worth increasing this?

I have checked my measurements this morning and have lost 1" from each thigh, 0.5" from bust and 0.5" from hips.

A girl on wlr site told me about My Virtual Model you input your height, weight, and few more details and you get a 3d picture of yourself!! I did myself now and then again at 11st, it really spurs you on to see a computer graphic that kind of resembles you looking so slim :D I've put my 16st image as my avatar!

Thanks everyone

Frumpster.x.