Anyone here from Ireland??

Slim at heart

Skinny girls r 4 wimps!!
Just wondering cos I'm in Cork at the moment but moving back 'home' to Wexford in less than 2 weeks....
Going to start CD today & don't know how I'll get through the move on 'no food' but I didn't want to use it as another excuse to put it off & besides I have to do something now cos none of my clothes fit me anymore!!!
I'm a single mother to a beautiful 3 year old DD & looking forward to having more energy to play with her & to be the mother she deserves to have...
Take care,
Anna

hiya Anna

i'm in dublin and staying in dublin lol!!!

how are you getting on?? what part of wexford ya moving back to?? my friend is from gorey and i have a aunt living there too!

Gen xx

Hi Anna

I am also from Dublin but live in Wiltshire UK, its been many years since I lived there and my parents now live in Wexford. I don't beleive anyone does Cambridge in Wexford yet, maybe there will be a good opening for you to train and do it!!

What part of Wexford are you moving to? I looked at a house too in gorey recently as hubby and I think we may move back there one of these fine days .... you never know .....

Aideen

Hi caileens!!

Well I was born in Kilmuckrige (between Gorey & Wexford) but haven't lived there for ages, lived in Dublin for 8 years then abroad (Spain, Italy & Turkey) for around 6 more & more recently been in Cork for the last 6ish... moving to Wexford town (parents now live near Curracloe) but will actually be working in Kilrane, such a small world!!

Gen- what part of Dublin are you in? I lived there for so many years it really feels like home to me now though it has changed SO much since I was there...

Pam- We'll have to meet up the next time you're over!!

Mrs.D- Bath is really beautiful, I drove through it once & was struck by the colour of the buildings.

Only on day 2 of CD SS & finding it REALLY hard so far...

Hi Anna

How's it going today? HAve you started the diet? You have sure picked a lovely place to move to. My folks are in Rosslare and we love going there. When we were kids we used to have a holiday home there, so I think it also has great fun memories too!!

Bath is lovely, I am about 7 or so miles south of it (I think), I never tire of going there, but then my English husband just loves Dublin and uses every opportunity to go there for a couple of days!!

Hi caileens!!

Well I was born in Kilmuckrige (between Gorey & Wexford) but haven't lived there for ages, lived in Dublin for 8 years then abroad (Spain, Italy & Turkey) for around 6 more & more recently been in Cork for the last 6ish... moving to Wexford town (parents now live near Curracloe) but will actually be working in Kilrane, such a small world!!

Gen- what part of Dublin are you in? I lived there for so many years it really feels like home to me now though it has changed SO much since I was there...

Pam- We'll have to meet up the next time you're over!!

Mrs.D- Bath is really beautiful, I drove through it once & was struck by the colour of the buildings.

Only on day 2 of CD SS & finding it REALLY hard so far...

Hiya Anna

I'm in clonee in dublin 15, kinda on the dublin/meath border... its a bit like the countryside but its not!!! Born and bred there so its nice!

i used to go to kilmuckridge on holidays when i was a kid, loved it!! my friend is from clough in gorey?? just outside the town and my auntie lives just beside the bridge bar in gorey itself!! such a small world!!

tell me more about living in turkey you lucky thing???? i just love the place....

hope ur day is getting a bit better just keep on glugging the water and you will get there... in a day or two you will feel brill and there will be noooooo stopping ya!!

love

gen xx

Hi Gen-

Actually I lived there on & off for around a year as my ex husband is Turkish, met him there while I was living in Italy & went back & forth between the 2 for a while & then he came & lived with me in Italy for a while & then we ended up moving back to Ireland!

My view of the place is slightly clouded due to ex husband & having seen a lot of things I didn't like over there...

I think it really is a place of contradictions, beautiful scenery & country but the people can be not so nice & most are on the make most of the time even when you don't think they are (not referring to ex!).

I would never trust a Turkish person after having had the opportunity to get to know quite a few via my ex. but that is just my experience!!

Turkey is a very beautiful country & i travelled around quite a bit, would love to go back there one day!

oh god you sound like you know what you are talking about anna. i was there last year and again this year on hols and the men are sooooo cute but are only after your business or something else lol lol

my friend who was with me this year is going over to a guy she met on the second last night of our holidays. she is going over on her own in october to meet him. now she has been in touch with him since she got back but i still think she is taking a big risk but i'm sure time will tell..

Gen xx

Gen- Please tell your friend to be very careful...

To be honest I don't mean physically as I don't think she would be in danger to her person but I really can't tell you how many times I have heard a similiar story...from both sides... & I've never heard of one that lasted... I'm quite sure it has happened but I've seen so many go wrong

This is a terrible generalisation but in my experience (again not referring to my ex) Turkish men only think the European women are easy, available, rich & an easy passport out of the country

So many are already married or in relationships... marraige comes cheap over there & men can marry a woman one week & divorce her the next if the wish (literally!)- this is changing but slowly

I have yet to meet a Turkish man that enjoyed working & had a will to work, mainly they are just trying to find the shortest road possible to getting rich & showing off their 'wealth'.. I have also yet to meet a Turkish man that would tell the truth when a lie would suit better.. (my ex included in the latter two)

Sorry if this sounds bad but I have seen it so much over there- was married for 5 years, together for 2 before that & seperated another 2 so have 9 years experience with it!!! My sister was also married to a Turkish man, have numerous friends that went through the same (both in ireland & Turkey!)

I am not bitter honestly!!

No really, it is such a common, typical thing in Turkey for a Turkish man to marry a European woman as career move & nothing else!!!

Anna

Understand what you are saying - but I was married to an Irish man that was just as bad!! They are everywhere.

Got a nice English one now that is wonderful!!

Good luck with your choices on the diet, unfortunatly only you can decide what to do, but be positive, the will to want to lose weight needs to be strong enough

Good luck

Aideen

I'm in Dublin.

Ivy

Hi Mrs. D
I know what you are saying.. there are bad apples (& good) everywhere!!
So happy you have found a nice man, it's nice to know there are some out there...oh ye, I sometimes think Irish men are the worst of the bunch!!!
By the way, I have no regrets about my ex, just look at the beautiful little girl he 'gave' me!!!

Hi Ivy- what part of Dublin are you in? Are you on CD?

Hi Ya

Im a bit away from Wexford. Im in the North. Currently County Tyrone but will be in Belfast soon.

Hi Claire,
Well done on the weight loss so far!
When are you moving to Belfast?
Are you finding it as difficult as me to get your act together regards packing etc?

Yup CD all the way for moi.

How you doing?

Ivy

Doing grand now I have to say, had my first weigh in today & lost 12lb, I know it's the first week and all but it's a pretty good feeling & I feel like nothing can stop me now!!!

How are you getting on?

Back