Anyone in the 10 stones trying to get into the 9's??!!

KLS said:
Hi,
I'm new to minimums and weigh 10 stone 12 pounds. I would love to get in to the 9 stone weight category.
I would love some help, support and a challenge to get there. Hopefully before my holiday end of July.
I am doing slimming world online as I don't have time to go to a group. I like how the plan works and it's great when I'm at work as I don't have access to food there so I have to prepare some to take in. My problem is when I'm on holiday or have a function to go to which seems to have been lots recently.
I go to the gym twice a week and try to train at home twice a week in between. The last three weeks have been a disaster as I have been unwell and have only managed to get to work. I have not been able to train as well.
Please help!!!!!!!!
Let's set a challenge to get there together.
I would suggest a 12 week plan. 1lb a week.
Sticking to the plan and trying to increase our exercise on a week to week basis.
Anyone up for this?? Any suggestions on what challenges to start with??
Need to get in to the . Want to see the 9?stone on the scales??
Then let's start now.

I'm more than happy to help you along your way. I've just got to 10st so hoping to get into the 9's next week. Fingers crossed. I was doing the 30 day shred because I can't get to a gym but I am considering doing c25k. Ive had to move out of my house temporarily as we're doing some house renovation. I'm staying with my MIL so felt cheeky sending her out of her living room so I could continue with the shred so that's on hold until I'm back home Do you fancy the c25k?

Aji said:
Hi, I'm new to Minimins too and I weigh about 65kg (10 stone 3.5 pounds).
I was on the Dukan Diet for about five months last year and went from 74kg (11 stone 9 pounds) to 60kg (9 stone 6 pounds) but didn't follow through to the end and the weight has slowly crept up again.
I was going to try Atkins this time because I know high protein/low carb works for me but then found Slimming World where it seems more sustainable and more realistic in every day normal life.
I'm not sure how this is going to pan out cos I've not had much carbs for a LONG time but I'm hoping this is the diet for me.
Ideally I would like to get to the 9 stone mark and anything under would be a plus.
Here's goes the first week. Kinda excited :)

Welcome
What about doing more red days?

Welcome
What about doing more red days?

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm still trying to get my head round the rules and I think Extra Easy sounded the less complicated.
I was thinking of doing EE for two weeks and see how I feel. Maybe then I'll be in a better position to try different days.
Meanwhile I feel a bit bloated (had jacket potato with beans and cheese for lunch) and haven't been this windy for a long time (sorry :D )
It was so nice to be able to have it tho.

Hi
A friend of mine gave me a book for the Dukan diet. The principle was good but a tad to hard for me. Although I try and keep my carbs low that felt too restricted but my friend did very well. I think that's why I like the slimming world because I can have low carbs most days but when I need the carb fix I can stuff them all in. I have a big problem with bread. I really limit that now.
Saves on the butter as well.
Over the last year I have just carried that one stone too much. I have always eaten healthy but just ate too much of it. That's why the slimming world helps keep me in check. Now I need to put it in to practice and get this stone off.
How about you? How much are you looking to loose?

Geobar said:
I'm more than happy to help you along your way. I've just got to 10st so hoping to get into the 9's next week. Fingers crossed. I was doing the 30 day shred because I can't get to a gym but I am considering doing c25k. Ive had to move out of my house temporarily as we're doing some house renovation. I'm staying with my MIL so felt cheeky sending her out of her living room so I could continue with the shred so that's on hold until I'm back home Do you fancy the c25k?

Hi
I will try anything to get there. Is this 25k a run or cycle?? Let me know. I will have to get my head around that if it is. Its difficult to stay on track when things happen but just think how wonderful your house would look when you have finished.
I will weigh in on Sunday and start my 1lb a week from then on.

Aji said:
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm still trying to get my head round the rules and I think Extra Easy sounded the less complicated.
I was thinking of doing EE for two weeks and see how I feel. Maybe then I'll be in a better position to try different days.
Meanwhile I feel a bit bloated (had jacket potato with beans and cheese for lunch) and haven't been this windy for a long time (sorry :D )
It was so nice to be able to have it tho.

I do ee and like it. I looked at red/green days a couple of weeks ago and I think it's easier to do them once you have the basic ee knowledge. I was doing them sometimes without realising

KLS said:
Hi
I will try anything to get there. Is this 25k a run or cycle?? Let me know. I will have to get my head around that if it is. Its difficult to stay on track when things happen but just think how wonderful your house would look when you have finished.
I will weigh in on Sunday and start my 1lb a week from then on.

Sorry it's couch to 5k running. You can get an app for your phone. I've got it and it looks quite good but I haven't started it yet.

Only a 1lb gain for me today. Which is very kind I was pancking it was goin to be 3lbs or more! I'm goin to be very good this weekend (tough as I'm going to a friends for takeaway say night, but have already said they can have pizza and il cook my own dinner) so must shift 2lbs this week t o get to 10st exactly I get my wedding dress back a week tomorrow - would be a dream to be 9.13 by then but doubt it!

Hi
A friend of mine gave me a book for the Dukan diet. The principle was good but a tad to hard for me. Although I try and keep my carbs low that felt too restricted but my friend did very well. I think that's why I like the slimming world because I can have low carbs most days but when I need the carb fix I can stuff them all in. I have a big problem with bread. I really limit that now.
Saves on the butter as well.
Over the last year I have just carried that one stone too much. I have always eaten healthy but just ate too much of it. That's why the slimming world helps keep me in check. Now I need to put it in to practice and get this stone off.
How about you? How much are you looking to loose?

I totally agree, a lot to do with portion control. Well, that and liking my puddings too much!
By looking at the rules of SW, it does seem like the ideal solution for me cos of similar reasons you mentioned.
I'm looking to lose just over a stone as well.
Ideally just under 9 stone but I think I'll be happy with just 9.
When I was about 10 pounds lighter than I am now on the Dukan Diet, size 12s were getting too baggy and size 10s from most shops started to fit. Right now I'm a 12.
I can't wait to get to my goal and I'm really determined now.
I just can't keep jumping from one diet to another.
Dukan was the only one that worked but I've tried all sorts before and until now.

I do ee and like it. I looked at red/green days a couple of weeks ago and I think it's easier to do them once you have the basic ee knowledge. I was doing them sometimes without realising

Yep def get used to EE first and then look at the others. I'm coming across so many terms that I don't really understand, I suppose it will all come together in time.
I'm waiting for my books to be delivered, can't wait!

Aji said:
Yep def get used to EE first and then look at the others. I'm coming across so many terms that I don't really understand, I suppose it will all come together in time.
I'm waiting for my books to be delivered, can't wait!

Anything I can help you with?

Hi, a little gain for me this week but still, just, in the 10's. I was so off plan last week when I took my son to London for the week as a birthday treat. :break_diet:I have been very good since we got back, so I was glad to see only half on (think it was more like 4-5 on and then off again). :D
Good luck to those at the bottom end of the 10's, must feel nice to be that bit closer to target.

Anything I can help you with?

That's really kind of you :) I'm still exploring the website but I will ask if I have any questions!
Although having said that, how many Syns is breadcrumbs when you use it to make homemade breaded chicken/pork?

I know we're supposed to weigh in once a week but out of curiosity I stepped onto the scales this morning.
Nearly 2 pounds (800g) loss from yesterday?? If you think how big a pack of mince beef is...
But I had loads of fruit and jacket potato with beans and cheese. How did that happen?? I'm amazed.
Not expecting it to be like this all the way but good start me thinks :)

Well I had my first official WI this am, and we are starting off at 10st 5lb. A bit more than I was weighing at home, but an hour later I weighed myself at home at 10st 3.5, so thats ok.

Goodbye to the days of weighing myself just before jumping in the shower! I just have to think I must been over 13st in jan, so the weight i've lost already hasn't changed.

I'm a bit further away from the 9st's than I thought, but i'll get there! The group seems nice, and the.consultant is very enthusiastic, so i'm hoping that will help me, too.

Hope you are all doing well x

Aji said:
That's really kind of you :) I'm still exploring the website but I will ask if I have any questions!
Although having said that, how many Syns is breadcrumbs when you use it to make homemade breaded chicken/pork?

I know we're supposed to weigh in once a week but out of curiosity I stepped onto the scales this morning.
Nearly 2 pounds (800g) loss from yesterday?? If you think how big a pack of mince beef is...
But I had loads of fruit and jacket potato with beans and cheese. How did that happen?? I'm amazed.
Not expecting it to be like this all the way but good start me thinks :)

I'm out at the moment so can't check but I use smash powder instead of breadcrumbs so don't use any syns.
Before someone says that this is a freak and should be synned, someone checked with sw and they replied that as it was a small amount it didn't have to be synned

I'm out at the moment so can't check but I use smash powder instead of breadcrumbs so don't use any syns.
Before someone says that this is a freak and should be synned, someone checked with sw and they replied that as it was a small amount it didn't have to be synned

Ahhh interesting. Looks like I'm going shopping for Smash (among other things :))
Thank you so much! x

I got to 10st 6lbs today. Total 1.5 stone lost. So pleased with myself. I'm closer to 10st mark than 11st!!!! Whoop whoop!!! x

Aji said:
I totally agree, a lot to do with portion control. Well, that and liking my puddings too much!
By looking at the rules of SW, it does seem like the ideal solution for me cos of similar reasons you mentioned.
I'm looking to lose just over a stone as well.
Ideally just under 9 stone but I think I'll be happy with just 9.
When I was about 10 pounds lighter than I am now on the Dukan Diet, size 12s were getting too baggy and size 10s from most shops started to fit. Right now I'm a 12.
I can't wait to get to my goal and I'm really determined now.
I just can't keep jumping from one diet to another.
Dukan was the only one that worked but I've tried all sorts before and until now.

Hi
I would also like to fit into a size 10. I will weigh myself Sunday and then give it my all next week by sticking to the diet and making sure I exercise at least 3 times next week. My first exercise session will be Monday. I will keep you posted but I am determined to lose a pound a week. Hope you have a good week. Let me know how you get on. I have joined sw online if you need any info or recipes let me know.

Geobar said:
Sorry it's couch to 5k running. You can get an app for your phone. I've got it and it looks quite good but I haven't started it yet.

Hi
I have downloaded the app and will try it out on Monday. It sounds good though. At least it's not a continuous run to start with. Thanks for that. I will let you know how I get on next week. Hope your week goes well. I will weigh Sunday and then go for it Monday. Not sure why Monday feels better but it does.

Back