Anyone in the 10 stones trying to get into the 9's??!!

0.5lb down for me, bit disappointed but I know while I've been eating well I haven't really been tracking my syns so back to basics this week.
on a positive note that 0.5lb actually brings me to my first stone off so I am really happy with that and people starting to notice the weight loss now which is also inspiring

Congratulations on your stone award, anya! I've had a similar experience - received mine last week and my parents came to visit, commenting on how much slimmer I look. I've still got a long way to go, but little things like that spur me on. I actually took some photos of myself at the start of my journey, and when I'm feeling despondent, I look back at them, reminding myself of how far I've come and how I never want to go back there.

When I weighed myself yesterday, I was just over 9st 13, but the only reason I can state for it is that I had been quite unwell in the night. Back up to 10st0.5lb this morning, but I'm feeling much better, so I can't complain.

Been a bit of a hard week, as I've been sitting in tearooms/coffee shops a lot, sipping on herbal tea whilst everyone else gets stuck into their hot chocolate and cake. I still feel some motivation though, as I edge closer to the next stone bracket.

Weigh in tonight. I'm not expecting to make it to the 9s this week, but I'm crossing my fingers for a decent loss and hopefully my Club 10.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your stone award, anya! I've had a similar experience - received mine last week and my parents came to visit, commenting on how much slimmer I look. I've still got a long way to go, but little things like that spur me on. I actually took some photos of myself at the start of my journey, and when I'm feeling despondent, I look back at them, reminding myself of how far I've come and how I never want to go back there.

When I weighed myself yesterday, I was just over 9st 13, but the only reason I can state for it is that I had been quite unwell in the night. Back up to 10st0.5lb this morning, but I'm feeling much better, so I can't complain.

Been a bit of a hard week, as I've been sitting in tearooms/coffee shops a lot, sipping on herbal tea whilst everyone else gets stuck into their hot chocolate and cake. I still feel some motivation though, as I edge closer to the next stone bracket.

Weigh in tonight. I'm not expecting to make it to the 9s this week, but I'm crossing my fingers for a decent loss and hopefully my Club 10.

So glad to hear you're feeling better and a MASSIVE congratulations on the will power you've shown this week. You've done yourself proud (and a lot better than i myself would have done). I'm trying this week to be completely 100% on the 'waggon' and we'll see how it works out. Thanks for the inspiration :D

one again, hope you continue to feel better!
good luck for the weigh in, and good luck for the week after (and hopefully getting into the 9's).

was up half a pound this week so not as bad as I first thought xx
Just gotta keep on it this week to get a good loss :D

Thank you for the good wishes, amybee :thankyou:!

I'm feeling much better today. Managed to eat normally yesterday, and I'm going to really try and blitz things 100% this week, to make up for the couple of days I had off-plan.

Weigh in went well - I had a really positive night. I received my Club 10, had a 2lb loss and then was very surprised to win Slimmer of the Week (one woman lost 2.5lb, but she hadn't been for a few weeks, so I guess that's why I must have won it). I also got this lovely card, with encouraging words, from my consultant:

I have to be honest, I'd been feeling really grumpy the last couple of weeks, focusing on what I couldn't have, instead of what I could have. My partner ordered a Chinese before weigh in last night and the smell of it, coupled with the hunger (I'm probably silly in that I always eat my evening meal after my 7:30pm weigh in) was driving me insane. Though, all was good, as someone had brought some syn-free egg fried rice to the food taster we had in group, proving the point that you could have whatever you wanted, with a little tweaking. The positivity last night has given me some of my motivation back. The consultant was saying how she had a member who was getting married in a few months. She had bought a wedding dress in a few sizes smaller than she was at present. She'd then taken pictures of it and put them everywhere in the house - on her wardrobe, on the fridge, etc. Another member was saying how she had a photo with herself in on her fridge. A friend had visited and asked her 'who that skinny person was', and she replied 'that was me, before having children'. She said that knowing it was her in that photo spurred her on. I'm now thinking of doing the same - finding some photos from my twenties, before I started struggling with my weight just over a year ago, and stick them in a prominent place. I may have to be much more careful with my diet now, but I'm going to put up a good fight to get back to my slimmer self.

Last edited:
Hi I'd love to join you here, I started slimming world back in September, lost two stone do far and I've just weighed in at 10st 12lb, so very happy! Looking forward to get to know you all x little

1 1/2lbs down for me this week, really happy. Now 10st 10.5lb, slowly but surely!!

Hi I'd love to join you here, I started slimming world back in September, lost two stone do far and I've just weighed in at 10st 12lb, so very happy! Looking forward to get to know you all x little

Welcome little, wow 2 stones down well done you!! What are you're tips for losing the weight? I love hearing people's strategies!!

1lb off this week. Going to properly get on it this week and try and see a 9 on the scales - it has been appearing periodically first thing in the morning, but unfortunately weigh in is in the evening.

1lb off this week. Going to properly get on it this week and try and see a 9 on the scales - it has been appearing periodically first thing in the morning, but unfortunately weigh in is in the evening.

I would have got my 2.5st award this morning if i had gone as normal but was doing a beavers open event last night at same venue and no way was i cooking after as it would be gone half 8 so ordered in and so got weighed and i had only put on half a pound which means a loss this morning lol although with the takeaway be more like maintain lol x

I would have got my 2.5st award this morning if i had gone as normal but was doing a beavers open event last night at same venue and no way was i cooking after as it would be gone half 8 so ordered in and so got weighed and i had only put on half a pound which means a loss this morning lol although with the takeaway be more like maintain lol x

I'm sure you'll come back with a great loss next week :)! And we're all entitled to a little treat once in a while. Prezzo is my downfall!

My weight is creeping up again. I'm not sure why, as I don't think I've gone off plan at all this week. I saw a 10st5lb at one point. Can't think my weight would change that much from eating/wearing different clothes, etc. I'm feeling pretty disheartened and keep craving loads of 'naughty' stuff that I should be moderating. I don't want this to beat me, but it's so hard. The dangers of mid-week weighing, hey :(.

I'm sure you'll come back with a great loss next week :)! And we're all entitled to a little treat once in a while. Prezzo is my downfall!

My weight is creeping up again. I'm not sure why, as I don't think I've gone off plan at all this week. I saw a 10st5lb at one point. Can't think my weight would change that much from eating/wearing different clothes, etc. I'm feeling pretty disheartened and keep craving loads of 'naughty' stuff that I should be moderating. I don't want this to beat me, but it's so hard. The dangers of mid-week weighing, hey :(.
Dont worry too much as i can gain upto 4lbs in a day due to wat i eat or wear but it rectifies itself in the morning :) xx
Must admit i really craved chocolate yesterday despite being to chocolate factory with my daughters class the day before and vouching i didnt want to see chocolate for a while lol x but it is thorntons.chocolate so well its yummy but i did resist thankfully xx may use some syns for a bit later as work out about 1.5 syns per square xx

I'm visiting a friend in Belgium in May and he's offered to take me on a tour of a chocolate factory in Antwerp. Not had any chocolate (apart from that in the Hi-Fi bars), as I know I can't moderate, but I suspect temptation will get the better of me.

Sounds like you are showing lots of willpower in the circumstances :). X

I'm visiting a friend in Belgium in May and he's offered to take me on a tour of a chocolate factory in Antwerp. Not had any chocolate (apart from that in the Hi-Fi bars), as I know I can't moderate, but I suspect temptation will get the better of me.

Sounds like you are showing lots of willpower in the circumstances :). X

It was horrendous but heavenly at same time breathing in the yummy smells but have stuck by plan and eaten the chocolate within syns xx so jealous of you though, i love belgium chocolate lol

Hi guys,I'm Amy, I'd like to join the forum for help and support, I'm 10st7 trying to lose a stone on green days and the odd EE. Lost lots a few years back but it just creeps back on...x

Last edited:
Hi guys,I'm Amy, I'd like to join the forum for help and support, I'm 10st7 trying to lose a stone on green days and the odd EE. Lost lots a few years back but it just creeps back on...x
Hi Amy I am also 10st 7 and want to reach 9st 7, good luck lots of help and support on here x

Back