Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Nikki<3 said:
Hello Lovely ladies :)

Sorry been able to chat much today, I have a trainee with me and its not a good impression sitting on your phone all the time!

So after having a discussion with my mum and dad they both think Rosemary Conely is a good idea.

I'm sticking around with you guys (if thats ok!!) because the rosmary conely threads are dead! Nobody ever talks on them by the looks of things.

Kim - Defo going to try the low carb thing if it helps shift tummy weight... just need to find one for back and bum fat lol

Annie - still aiming for 7lbs in our mini challenge too!!

Charlie - fab measurements hun :) bet your so chuffed how close to target you are now!

And new ladies - welcome!

xxx

If slimming world really isn't working for you then go for it, good luck :) is it a calorie counting diet?

Thanks :) Yep, really looking forward to hitting target but I think it's gonna be hard getting there now I'm so close!

If slimming world really isn't working for you then go for it, good luck :) is it a calorie counting diet?

Thanks :) Yep, really looking forward to hitting target but I think it's gonna be hard getting there now I'm so close!

Its calorie counting but also portion control. You get these pots called "portion pots" and its helps you to know the sizes we should be having rather than guesstimating.

Remember how you surprised yourself this WI though. Just 2 more weeks like that and youll nearly be there!
xx

Aaw, sorry to see you leave SW Nikki, but you've got to do whats best for you, but keep popping on as we're all in the same boat, just getting there a different way. Red days are fairly low carb, thats why I tend do tthem, but saying that I'll have any day if it loses the poundage lol! x

Nikki<3 said:
Its calorie counting but also portion control. You get these pots called "portion pots" and its helps you to know the sizes we should be having rather than guesstimating.

Remember how you surprised yourself this WI though. Just 2 more weeks like that and youll nearly be there!
xx

That sounds good. I've been checking out recommended portion sizes for things like rice and pasta because I'm sure sometimes I do far too much!

I'm more motivated than ever to be 100% so fingers crossed I'll be there soon! X

Wow well done on completing a "few" 1/2 marathons this is my first and last ha ha
The training has really taken over life so can't really find time to keep that level up, love running and will continue but just stay at 10k's I think much more managable
When did you last do one? what time did you do? I'm hoping to come in before 21/2 hours fingers crossed :)

I've done 3, the Plymouth, Bournemouth & London, but the only time I remember is the Plymouth & I did that in 2.19....just wish I had my running legs again with all this talk on running.....cyclings my thing now, but my neck's still not right & am waiting to have another MRI to see if anything else is going on, basically Im falling to bits & I blame nursing & sport! :)

That sounds good. I've been checking out recommended portion sizes for things like rice and pasta because I'm sure sometimes I do far too much!

I'm more motivated than ever to be 100% so fingers crossed I'll be there soon! X

If this helps...I have always weighed my pasta & rice, only because I dont want to cook too much & waste it. I've never had huge portions & usually for me I would have 3oz of rice or pasta for a meal.....but everyones portion sizes will vary depending on their appetite. Dug will have about 5oz, obviously a much bigger appetite than me lol! x :)

Made pasta tonight and after googling it, 3oz per person seemed to be the general consensus. And it was plenty :) felt good knowing I wasn't eating too much! How much rice Doyle usually weigh out?

Not sure if this will work, but here's a pic of me on my bike just before I did a 60 miler for charity!

Attachments

• 274700_100000433617356_6383501_n.jpg
    274700_100000433617356_6383501_n.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 33
Hello Lovely ladies :)

Sorry been able to chat much today, I have a trainee with me and its not a good impression sitting on your phone all the time!

So after having a discussion with my mum and dad they both think Rosemary Conely is a good idea.

I'm sticking around with you guys (if thats ok!!) because the rosmary conely threads are dead! Nobody ever talks on them by the looks of things.

Kim - Defo going to try the low carb thing if it helps shift tummy weight... just need to find one for back and bum fat lol

Annie - still aiming for 7lbs in our mini challenge too!!

Charlie - fab measurements hun :) bet your so chuffed how close to target you are now!

And new ladies - welcome!

xxx

I feel like its the end of an era! Us girls have put the world to rights this last week!

Glad you're still doing the challenge, I've had a really good week, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow :) x

kim63 said:
Not sure if this will work, but here's a pic of me on my bike just before I did a 60 miler for charity!

Wow! 60 miles is immense! Well done :)

parfittaroles said:
Mug shots. Kettle is quicker lol

I do like mug shots but I prefer to have something that's got super free food in it :)

downtownsuzie said:
I feel like its the end of an era! Us girls have put the world to rights this last week!

Glad you're still doing the challenge, I've had a really good week, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow :) x

Ah yes! Weigh in tomorrow. Glad you're feeling confident about it - let us know as soon as you know! I'm excited for you :)

So proud of myself! 2.77 miles in 30 minutes with a LOT less walking! I would usually alternate between jogging and walking after the first mile, but probably only walked for about 4 minutes total this time. I've found a route that suits me :)

My time was officially says 30 mins 20 secs, but it took me 20 seconds to figure out how to unlock the new autolock feature on the app! Haha! As I was running slower at times due to not walking as much, my average pace has dropped a little, plus the distance covered was only 0.16 miles more - however, I'm still very new to running and as you guys have said, running slower for longer is better for me fitness-wise anyway, so I'm not fazed :)

SO glad I went out - it was a beautiful sky out there tonight <3 I'm now tucking into my sweet potato with lettuce and cucumber xxx

Ah yes! Weigh in tomorrow. Glad you're feeling confident about it - let us know as soon as you know! I'm excited for you :)

Will do - it's not until 17:30 though! Wednesdays are the longest day of my week!

Just out of interest, for those who weigh in the evening, what do you eat on WI day?

downtownsuzie said:
So proud of myself! 2.77 miles in 30 minutes with a LOT less walking! I would usually alternate between jogging and walking after the first mile, but probably only walked for about 4 minutes total this time. I've found a route that suits me :)

My time was officially says 30 mins 20 secs, but it took me 20 seconds to figure out how to unlock the new autolock feature on the app! Haha! As I was running slower at times due to not walking as much, my average pace has dropped a little, plus the distance covered was only 0.16 miles more - however, I'm still very new to running and as you guys have said, running slower for longer is better for me fitness-wise anyway, so I'm not fazed :)

SO glad I went out - it was a beautiful sky out there tonight <3 I'm now tucking into my sweet potato with lettuce and cucumber xxx

Fantastic :) well done! Keep at it and I'm certain you'll get results in loss, toning and general fitness. I've noticed I've got so much more energy at the minute and I go to work in such a good mood :)

downtownsuzie said:

Well done.
After reading about all your running i'm thinking of starting. Any tips for a beginner? I walk a lot (bout 6 miles a day) but never ran.

The promised before :( & after :)!!!!!

Attachments

• Jim and Jane's Wedding 063.jpg
    Jim and Jane's Wedding 063.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC02479.jpg
    DSC02479.jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 70
lilprincessvic said:
Well done.
After reading about all your running i'm thinking of starting. Any tips for a beginner? I walk a lot (bout 6 miles a day) but never ran.

Slowly introduce the running in alternation with walking and build up to a constant run. Don't push yourself too hard - running for slower but longer is better than crashing and burning in short bursts! And lastly - enjoy it! If you don't then it's probably a good idea to find something else you do enjoy! X

Well done.

Get some decent trainers, as you dont want any injuries before you start.
Stay hydrated & fed
Start with short distances & jog for a minute, walk for a minute & gradually increase your time for each evolution.......dont run, its not a race, just a gentle jog.
Before you know it you'll be applying to do a half marathon! x

Back