Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Mmm, doesn't sound too good to me. Try taking Paracetamol and Ibuprofen as that will help with any inflammation and pain. If you have a hot water bottle or hot pack, have a sit down and apply it to the area thats painful, it really does help.
How did you hurt your neck.....fall, picked something up etc??
Do you have any pins and needles in your fingers, pain down the arm or in your fingers?
My advice would be to see how you get on over the weekend and if its still sore on Monday get to your GP. But if you're really concerned go to an out of hours GP over the weekend. Also, you can always ask me for any advice and hope I can help you, as I do seem to be rather an expert on pain at the moment! x

Well done Debbie you're still in range and seem to have this maintaining malarky well sussed!
8st 1lbs is a wee bit on the low side, as that would give you a BMI of 19.4, which is just in the healthy range! Im a bit cynical cos I think maybe she's saying that to keep you going back as they want the money! Its great you're going to the gym to keep healthy, fit and toned, but I would hate to think they're saying your body fat is too high to keep you paying for it. How did they measure your body fat and what was it?
Whatever you're doing tho seems to be working cos you're a lovely healthy weight x

Yay, well done Debs thats hardly any weight gain you good clever girl! You certainly have got the hang of SW and running now, so keep going with what you're doing and you'll be back down to 8st before you know it x

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

i was planning on waiting few more days as once i take painkillers its not as sore as it was during the night. i was going to ask about the iburofen and paracetomal. are they taken together every four hours or alternate every four hours? thanks Kim....will look out hot water bottle now x

Eeeeeeek, I've put on 4.5lbs since I last weighed 2 weeks ago, so thats a 6.75lb gain since the end of the last Challenge lol!!!
I now weigh 9st 0.25lbs hahahahahahaha!!!
Now, shall I blame all the drugs I'm on making me bunged up, or shall I just put my hands up and say its the 'naughty' food I've consumed over the last 5 weeks!
Okey dokey, thats it, time to knuckle down and get back into target range. I've noticed I'm not drinking much clear fluids either, so need to sort that straight away. I dont really want to start a diary agin as I'm trying to normalise my way of eating, but if I dont start losing I will start again.

Thats us all, apart from Laura, thats reported in, so let the Challenge begin......13 weeks to go!

NO PIES SMALLER THIGHS CHALLENGE
Start date 23 Sept

NIKKI - goal is to be 9 - 9.7st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 11st 1lb

GA - goal is to be at target of 8.7st ( Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 6lbs

SINEAD -goal is to be at target of 8.0st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk1: 9st 6.8lbs

RONNIE - goal is to be 9.7st (Tuesday 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 5lbs

DONNA - goal is to be at target of 9.7st (Tues 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 1.5lbs

JO - goal is to be at target of 9.0st (Thurs 19th Dec)
Wk1: 9st 12.5lbs

KIM - goal is to maintain at 8.7 - 8.11st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 0.5lbs

DEBBIE- goal is to maintain at 8.9 - 8.10st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1: 8st 9.75lbs

LAURA - goal is to be at target of 9.0st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1:

DEB - goal is to be at target of 8.0st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 8st 3.25lbs

Mmm, doesn't sound too good to me. Try taking Paracetamol and Ibuprofen as that will help with any inflammation and pain. If you have a hot water bottle or hot pack, have a sit down and apply it to the area thats painful, it really does help.
How did you hurt your neck.....fall, picked something up etc??
Do you have any pins and needles in your fingers, pain down the arm or in your fingers?
My advice would be to see how you get on over the weekend and if its still sore on Monday get to your GP. But if you're really concerned go to an out of hours GP over the weekend. Also, you can always ask me for any advice and hope I can help you, as I do seem to be rather an expert on pain at the moment! x

Well done Debbie you're still in range and seem to have this maintaining malarky well sussed!
8st 1lbs is a wee bit on the low side, as that would give you a BMI of 19.4, which is just in the healthy range! Im a bit cynical cos I think maybe she's saying that to keep you going back as they want the money! Its great you're going to the gym to keep healthy, fit and toned, but I would hate to think they're saying your body fat is too high to keep you paying for it. How did they measure your body fat and what was it?
Whatever you're doing tho seems to be working cos you're a lovely healthy weight x

Yay, well done Debs thats hardly any weight gain you good clever girl! You certainly have got the hang of SW and running now, so keep going with what you're doing and you'll be back down to 8st before you know it x

I think you are right Kim, as it is my ribs and collar bone really show, I couldn't imagine being another half stone lighter. She measured on a hand held thing like a games console! My own weight watchers scales measures it at 22% whereas hers said 27%!!
You are right also Deb only I can decide the right weight for me. She kept saying I should have a goal.....I said my gaol was to maintain and keep fit but that didn't seem to be enough for her. Ah well I'm happy as I am thanks all the same!!!

I think you are right Kim, as it is my ribs and collar bone really show, I couldn't imagine being another half stone lighter. She measured on a hand held thing like a games console! My own weight watchers scales measures it at 22% whereas hers said 27%!!
You are right also Deb only I can decide the right weight for me. She kept saying I should have a goal.....I said my gaol was to maintain and keep fit but that didn't seem to be enough for her. Ah well I'm happy as I am thanks all the same!!!

You should be happy as you are Debbie and I think she's being quite unrealistic and unfair in my opinion. Health and keeping fit is what we aim and strive for, not a skeletal looking figure which you would have at that weight! Im 3 inches shorter than you and I don't think I would look good at 8st 1lb let alone someone of 5'4"!
The main thing are you happy with your figure and from what you say on here, you are. I would be quite concerned with her pushing you to be that light, so maybe next time you see her, ask her why she said 8st 1lb. X

You should be happy as you are Debbie and I think she's being quite unrealistic and unfair in my opinion. Health and keeping fit is what we aim and strive for, not a skeletal looking figure which you would have at that weight! Im 3 inches shorter than you and I don't think I would look good at 8st 1lb let alone someone of 5'4"!
The main thing are you happy with your figure and from what you say on here, you are. I would be quite concerned with her pushing you to be that light, so maybe next time you see her, ask her why she said 8st 1lb. X

Yeah I hear ya Kim, it'd be different if I was 18 but I'm 35 in a few weeks!!! I find some gym instructors think you have nothing else to do all day everyday but exercise and to be honest the more I exercise the hungrier I get!! Plus nothing would fit me at that weight!!

Breakfast muffins are yummy :)

I'm having some right trouble with my wisdom tooth at the moment :( and its only the first one to be coming through, I have three more to look forward to not fun!

Had my wisdom teeth out in hospital years ago!!

It was a good decision, there wasn`t enough room for them in my mouth!!
Kept biting myself!!

First weigh in!!!

Debbie
Wk1: 8.9.75

I was in the gym yesterday and had an assessment with gym instructor, she said I could go down to 8st1!!!! I think this is very low for me, anyway she went on to do my body fat and said it was on high side. I don't know why, I exercise 5 days a week with different things; running, spinning, kettlebells, weights. She wants to see me again in a month, so I'm going to try lower this body fat. She did take it after I had exercised and the best time to take it is in morning before food, water or exercise.

Good grief!! 8st1lb!! Is your instructor feeling ok?
I`m 5ft 4in as well. I think I`d struggle to get to 8st 1lb.

I exercise at home to dvd`s nearly every day. But I wouldn`t set a target for myself that low. Sounds like your instructor doesn`t want to lose your custom!!
I`d be asking some serious questions.

I'm so proud of myself!! I went for my lunch with my sister today and I chose gammon and instead of chips/mash/rice/potato I went for salad with no dressing!! I traded half my gammon for my sisters king prawn skewer. It was a flamming grill pub and they do say its a healthier way to cook but I stil put 3 syns down for oil in case. Do you think this seems fair?

Also, I have gone over my syns by 5 today but that was down to me being at my mum and dads and my sis had lemon cake and I had a tiny bite and then my sister had that new cadbury xmas tree choccie bar and i had 1 piece. I might be able to putt back a couple of syns depending on the weight of bread I have for tonights toastie.

Im feeling very in control. I realised I hadnt put my syns down for the spread on my toastie which would have took me to 24 for the day so because it is so many over im not having my wonka bar. 14 for today :)

Hey Kim, just popping over as you reminded me of the challenge :) I lost a pound taking me to 9st 4lbs. Aiming for 8st 9lbs/10lbs by Christmas (I'm aware it's only a pound but I can't decide lol) Have very briefly skimmed over the thread and I reckon the challenge is really going to help everyone :) Well done Nikki on the self control RE Wonka bar :)

Hey Kim, just popping over as you reminded me of the challenge :) I lost a pound taking me to 9st 4lbs. Aiming for 8st 9lbs/10lbs by Christmas (I'm aware it's only a pound but I can't decide lol) Have very briefly skimmed over the thread and I reckon the challenge is really going to help everyone :) Well done Nikki on the self control RE Wonka bar :)

Yay, glad you popped over to join the Challenge, I'll add you in......now are you going to weigh on a Saturday or Sunday, have you decided Miss Cant Make Up Her Mind lol!
I think you need to make up your mind about which weight, cos if you're anything like me it will do your head in not knowing which weight and its important to have a number in your head to finally aim for lol! How did you feel last time at that weight and which did you feel more comfortable with? Yes, it is only a pound/number, but we all need to feel happy with and make sure its maintainable. Thats why I've given myself a bigger window, cos I know thats where I'm happy and I can maintain at. Had a little blip cos it was summer leave......thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it lol! :)

Hope you feel better soon, deb

Kim, how are you feeling these days?

Im ok thanks Annette (is that how you spell it?). Im walking around in a morphine/pregabalin haze, but at least I can function with an Oromorph top up for breakthrough pain!
Hows your hubby now as you said there's not much change with him. Were you not trying to move house as well?

NO PIES SMALLER THIGHS CHALLENGE
Start date 23 Sept

NIKKI - goal is to be 9 - 9.7st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 11st 1lb

GA - goal is to be at target of 8.7st ( Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 6lbs

SINEAD -goal is to be at target of 8.0st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk1: 9st 6.8lbs

RONNIE - goal is to be 9.7st (Tuesday 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 5lbs

DONNA - goal is to be at target of 9.7st (Tues 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 1.5lbs

JO - goal is to be at target of 9.0st (Thurs 19th Dec)
Wk1: 9st 12.5lbs

KIM - goal is to maintain at 8.7 - 8.11st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 0.5lbs

DEBBIE- goal is to maintain at 8.9 - 8.10st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1: 8st 9.75lbs

LAURA - goal is to be at target of 9.0st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1:

DEB - goal is to be at target of 8.0st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 8st 3.25lbs

JENNA - goal is to be at target of 8st 9lbs (Saturday 21stDec)
Wk 1: 9st 4lbs

Last edited:
Hi Jenna I'm vicky started slimfast last Sunday so weigh in tomorrow I'm currently 9.9 hope to get to 8 anything lol would love to join this chat group good luck xx

Back