Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Hi all

Such a great thread, hope you don't mind me saying hello. I'm very new to SW (only started a week ago), having been on and off South Beach for a year or so! :-s I would love to reach my target weight of 8st7, but have found it very hard because I have felt like I've had to do so in secret... every time I've said to anyone I would like to loose weight, or even eat more healthily, I get "You don't need to lose weight! You'll get too thin etc etc". So encouraging to read your comments - I feel I can come out of the closet!!

dreamer1989 said:
I tried harder this week and have dropped 1lb. It has been difficult, as all I can thinkabout atm is bloody food

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done ;o) well they've fixed the gym scales now & I hopped on 2day. Another lb off since 12 days ago which is brill considering the amount of naughty things I've ate. So that's me at 8.12 now :eek:)

happycamper said:
Hi all

Such a great thread, hope you don't mind me saying hello. I'm very new to SW (only started a week ago), having been on and off South Beach for a year or so! :-s I would love to reach my target weight of 8st7, but have found it very hard because I have felt like I've had to do so in secret... every time I've said to anyone I would like to loose weight, or even eat more healthily, I get "You don't need to lose weight! You'll get too thin etc etc". So encouraging to read your comments - I feel I can come out of the closet!!

Welcome :eek:) I get the same thing hun. Especially from my friends that have a lot more 2 lose. What do u weigh now? Sorry I'm on my iPhone so ur stats don't show up. Good luck.

happycamper said:
Hi all

Welcome !!! U can now come out off your closet !! I get told the same thing too it drives me nuts !!!! I'm only small height wise 5"1 at the mo I weigh 8"13 when I started I weighed 11"7 !! Good luck on your journey here were all here to help and support u if and when u need it x

Welcome :eek:) I get the same thing hun. Especially from my friends that have a lot more 2 lose. What do u weigh now? Sorry I'm on my iPhone so ur stats don't show up. Good luck.

Thanks Madmum :) I currently weigh 9 st 7 (started at 9 st 10 at the beginning of sept) and at 5'4 I don't think 8 st 7 is too little?

Welcome !!! U can now come out off your closet !! I get told the same thing too it drives me nuts !!!! I'm only small height wise 5"1 at the mo I weigh 8"13 when I started I weighed 11"7 !! Good luck on your journey here were all here to help and support u if and when u need it x

Ha ha... thanks!! I know if I told anyone that I wanted to lose a stone people would start talking like I have an eating disorder or something. I'm short(ish) and petite and 8 st 7 seems right to me. You've lost loads of weight - that's such an inspiration!!

Hi Ladies! Nice to see there are others in my boat!

Started slimming world last wednesday weighing 9.12, I am 5ft 3.5 inches and would love to get to, and maintain at 8.10 do you think this is too small? The lowest I have ever got to before is 9stone and then I was so happy at losing 3 stone I have gradually (its taken 5.5 years!!) gained 12lbs, determined to get into the 8s bracket this time!

Have first weigh in on wednesday, have been keeping a diet diary on here which is helping lots!

good luck :)

Great to see some new people coning out of the woodwork!!!

Weigh in for me tomorrow, I hope to see more than 1lb if possible, I have been good after all!!!

8's seem so far away to me (9st12.5) but If I keep going perhaps nearer Xmas i'll be getting closer!

x-x-x

belle2011 said:
Hi Ladies! Nice to see there are others in my boat!

Started slimming world last wednesday weighing 9.12, I am 5ft 3.5 inches and would love to get to, and maintain at 8.10 do you think this is too small? The lowest I have ever got to before is 9stone and then I was so happy at losing 3 stone I have gradually (its taken 5.5 years!!) gained 12lbs, determined to get into the 8s bracket this time!

Have first weigh in on wednesday, have been keeping a diet diary on here which is helping lots!

good luck :)

Hi belle I dont think that's 2 low. My friend is the same height & she looked really good at 8.10. Good luck 4 weigh in.

How many syns do you 9 stone somethings use per day? Mine varies hugely, over the weekend I had 15-20 but yesterday and today ive had 0-5!

I dont want eating too many syns for weight, or not eating enough to affect my weight loss!

Hello Belle, nice to see another new girl. :)

Out of interest I added up all mine from last week... I used an average of 16 per day and didn't have a brilliant starting week (eating two apple yum-yums one night when the children were in bed wasn't very clever) but lost 1.5lbs, which I'm extremely grateful for!

belle2011 said:
How many syns do you 9 stone somethings use per day? Mine varies hugely, over the weekend I had 15-20 but yesterday and today ive had 0-5!

I dont want eating too many syns for weight, or not eating enough to affect my weight loss!

15 most days I'm a greedy guts lol

belle2011 said:

Mine varies this week I've prob used about 50 a day !!! So I'm defo on the gain train !!!
But normally I average about 10 a day x

Thanks ladies, think I will try for 15 a day this week and see how that does me! Wont know till I try I guess!!

Had my first weigh in today, lost 1lb so I am now 9.11 - 12lb to go till I see the 8's!

Off to the gym again today for 1 hour x

Just a quick question ladies....

Did any of you find that your weight loss slowed down the nearer you got to low 9's???

x-x-x

It initially took me 22 weeks to lose 2 stone 10lbs to get me under 10 stone. After that it took me 13 weeks to lose the next half stone to get me under 9st 7lbs but only 7 weeks for the last half stone.

I don't know if because I was no longer over weight I lost focus and got a little complacent and I then regained control and focus when I was under 9st 7lbs and could see target was so close.

Mine varies this week I've prob used about 50 a day !!! So I'm defo on the gain train !!!
But normally I average about 10 a day x

If you go completely over on your syns one day is it better to try and claw them back from the rest of the week or to write that day off? I can see how it would be good to average 15 out over the week, but then that would mean the rest of your week might harder than usual? What do others do?

Back