Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Please let me know how much this varies from shred as my baby belly gets to me
Think you could put me down as not in the food challenge but perhaps the challenge to excercise three times per week? This would spur me on? I know I need back in the zone but am not there yet. Few weeks of shred to see how I do mentally and also on scales. X

OK, not a problem Debs.
Thats where I need to concentrate on more, as I get my cardio/quads/glutes workout from cycling, so just need to be a bit more focused on my problem tummy area. The reviews of the DVD sound quite promising, so I'll give it a go & let you know! xx

Welcome to the (very chatty) group. Well done.

Personally I have been exercising since day one but I have seriously upped the tuning exercise now.

Kim I have the 6 week 6 pack. It's really good. I might dig it out again to be honest.

I have a really upset tummy today, I'm wondering if it's because I ate a proper meal yesterday :-(

Ooh glad its a good DVD, lets hope its effective!
Yes, I bet it is because you had food yesterday.....just keep drinking lots & hope you feel better xx

Cant say the books are anything like Twighlight! There's not a vampire in sight, but a lot of biting lol!!! x

I bet you are! x

Maybe with the biting there's a little truth in it, but obviously took out a lot more then just names

Bloomin' typical, todays the first day I've woken up & there's no wind & Im not cycling! Going to have a go at Level 2 of the Shred & see what thats like & then decide which day I prefer 1, 2 or 3. I know thats not what you're supposed to do, but I get bored easily with DVD's, so may a do a mixture of the days to keep me interested!

Ladies can have you're meal plans for some of the days xx

Sorry didn't realise I hadn't updated for Sat
anyway Sat 100% green, 2 hea, 2 heb, 13 syns

I read the first Twilight book & saw the first film, but couldn't read anymore of the series as the girl drove me nuts! I think Ana has more about her than the girl in Twilight.....at least she answers Christian back!

Ooh Im glad someone else feels like that about the Shred......its still a workout & to be honest I didn't find level 3 particularly hard to do at the time, but I certainly ached in places the next day, so Im interested in level 2 to see if that will be harder! I follow the lady on the right as she does the 'easier' options of the exercise as I have to be protectful of my neck!
I need to get some weights if I keep it up, as just using 2 tins of tomatoes......what weight do you use?
Im having my normal 2 coffees on an empty stomach as per norm & will have my breakfast as per norm after exercise.......see post from yesterday about some new 'theories' that have come out of a new slimming book!
It does make me laugh all these new 'theories' that come of new books.......in my opinion you should do what is right for your body within reason, coz if you do something against the norm its not sustainable...IMO! xx

I haven't read or watched twilight, but the adverts annoy me. That ruddy girl, I remember seeing an advert for one of the films and it was hilarious, it actually looked like it was a parody of itself. Just her running around trying to kill herself so she could see him or so he'd save her or whatever!!!

Yup Kim she does one called 6 week 6 pack! X

I have that but haven't tried it, I also have the no more trouble zones dvd. I bought them for after I finished the shred....but never got round to finishing the shred

Hi Folks, made it into the 9's today at 9st11lb so hopefully can stay here for the duration! I'm not exactly heading for the 8's but have set a target of 9stone which i can hopefully do in the next 3 months or so.

Do you all find that exercise helps with weight loss? I want to seriously tone up but would like the number on the scales to keep reducing so not sure whether to start with the toning now or get down to my target then hit it with the exercise!?

Welcome and good luck getting to your 9 stone target

personally I don't think it helps weight loss as such, but it is good for you and good for toning. So although it might not help weight loss, you'll feel and look better doing exercise. Some people do find it aides weight loss though.

Hello, welcome to the 9's & well done on your weightloss so far.
Personally, yes you should exercise, but obviously within your own limits. Try & do an exercise that you will enjoy as you dont want it to become a chore & it has to be sustainable. You may find when you first start, the number on the scales may STS or even gain due to the muscles retaining water, but keep at it as there are so many fantastic physical & emotional reasons why you should exercise. Most of us on here do some form of exercise. Cycling is mine & have just started with the dreaded Shred again & have just bought an Ab dvd!

Yeah, that's what i'm afraid off... sts or weight gain at the moment as i'm worried it will put me off my stride if you see what i mean. i've only been following sw diet for 5weeks although have been naturally losing since march following the birth of my baby. I need to tone up my baby belly too and am kinda thinking that once i get down to 9st7lbs i'll work on getting some muscle tone. You're right about getting into something that you enjoy although i'm not sure there is an exercise that i'd enjoy lol. I think i thrive on a challenge though and at the moment that's getting the scales at the right number and following the plan as near 100% as i can.

Welcome and good luck getting to your 9 stone target

personally I don't think it helps weight loss as such, but it is good for you and good for toning. So although it might not help weight loss, you'll feel and look better doing exercise. Some people do find it aides weight loss though.

I don't think it's helped me in the past to be honest, when i was doing a lot of long distance running pre-baby days i was probably sitting around the 10stone mark... i used to reward my run with food lol so a bit counter productive

Morning ladies
Sorry Kim you'll have to put me down as off plan on Sunday was kinda on plan sat and worked it out as EE 1x hexa 1xhexb 31 syns 56/105 but if I'm taking sun as off plan then total weekly syns will only be 90 so total is 56/90 leaving me still 11 for next 3 days i'm shocked really cause thought it would be worse than that result :)
Was so hungry yesterday so went with it and had what I fancied ice cream cone, sensation chilli crisps, I didn't have pudding after Sunday dinner like the rest of my lot (cake) so not too bad but well over syns think the crisps are probably 20 syns on their own lol. Anyway one day off plan is ok for my maintaining :)

Going to do our walk tonight got a 4 mile route planned and we've got an hour :)
Shred tomorrow :)

How much low fat cheese can you have for a hexa ?? Usually have normal cheese 30g but picked up reduced fat cheese today from lidl. Can it be any brand of cheese ??

Morning ladies
Sorry Kim you'll have to put me down as off plan on Sunday was kinda on plan sat and worked it out as EE 1x hexa 1xhexb 31 syns 56/105 but if I'm taking sun as off plan then total weekly syns will only be 90 so total is 56/90 leaving me still 11 for next 3 days i'm shocked really cause thought it would be worse than that result :)
Was so hungry yesterday so went with it and had what I fancied ice cream cone, sensation chilli crisps, I didn't have pudding after Sunday dinner like the rest of my lot (cake) so not too bad but well over syns think the crisps are probably 20 syns on their own lol. Anyway one day off plan is ok for my maintaining :)

Going to do our walk tonight got a 4 mile route planned and we've got an hour :)
Shred tomorrow :)

How much low fat cheese can you have for a hexa ?? Usually have normal cheese 30g but picked up reduced fat cheese today from lidl. Can it be any brand of cheese ??

Ronnie you're maintaining, so 1 day is certainly not going to hurt you, so just enjoy!

Now there's the thing about low fat cheese......some vary in weights you can have from 35 - 45g & there's a thread on here & I will try to find it for you about how much to have! I always thought it was 45g, but its supposedly dependent on what brand it is! But to be honest, I dont think it will make to much difference & Im certainly not going to change from having 45g unless someone can give me a definitive answer! x

Exercise definately helps so best to incorporate it into your routine as early as possible in my opinion. Although slimming world doesn't really reward exercise in that you don't get any extra syns etc but weight watchers and calorie counting do. At the most simple level weight loss is basically from having a calorie deficient between what you take in and what you use. No matter what way the diet plan dresses this up with syns, points, healthy extras etc and of course exercise helps this along by burning calories.

Plus of course the toning benefits will get you into smaller clothes faster as it will increase your inch loss.

I ended up not dieting for over a year because I was doing 9hours of training a week and that kept my weight pretty constant without having to monitor what I was eating.

I can't wait to get back to that kind of level of exercise again (bad ankle break incase you wonder why I stopped!) good luck on your sw journey and welcome to our group! X

Sorry lots of typos I hate autocorrect on my phone makes me speak nonsense!! X

Good morning ladies :-D

I'm having a super stressful day!!

Ive been so busy at work and just managed 3/4 a bag of snack of a jacks all day (4 syns!!)

Stressing out about WI tomorrow aswell!! Going to have a few red days from tomorrow I think try and subside the bloating from last nights pasta grrr why do I do it!! I know it makes me sluggish and have belly ache yet I can't resist it!!

To top it off I've forgot my lunch at work!!

So I have some low fat super noodles in the cupboard or I can nip to subway and get a subway salad.

Xx

lilprincessvic said:
Its nice outside Nikki, get walking!!!!

Haha I found some tuna and pineapple in my cupboard so whacked it all together with some el mayo. Delicious!!

Good morning ladies :-D

I'm having a super stressful day!!

Ive been so busy at work and just managed 3/4 a bag of snack of a jacks all day (4 syns!!)

Stressing out about WI tomorrow aswell!! Going to have a few red days from tomorrow I think try and subside the bloating from last nights pasta grrr why do I do it!! I know it makes me sluggish and have belly ache yet I can't resist it!!

To top it off I've forgot my lunch at work!!

So I have some low fat super noodles in the cupboard or I can nip to subway and get a subway salad.

Xx

Hate days like that, hope things start looking up for today

I've had a good day so far, stressing over little ones party, doing it on July the 7th but need to start getting stuff sorted so I'm not leaving it until its too late. Making him a dragon cake, going to just do a round cake with toppers and can't decide what will work out cheapest, buying everything to make the toppers myself or buying the toppers

Hate days like that, hope things start looking up for today

I've had a good day so far, stressing over little ones party, doing it on July the 7th but need to start getting stuff sorted so I'm not leaving it until its too late. Making him a dragon cake, going to just do a round cake with toppers and can't decide what will work out cheapest, buying everything to make the toppers myself or buying the toppers

OO, kids parties are so much fun!!!

Im going to my sister in laws wedding renewal that day. Bought a size 8 dress for it, it should come today or tomorrow and hopefully will fit by then! 10s are big on top now so should be ok x

I think the 7th July will be off plan for a lot is us! I have a wedding that day and Annie is doing her skydive that day too! Oh and it's my dad and mammars birthday too lol xx

OO, kids parties are so much fun!!!

Im going to my sister in laws wedding renewal that day. Bought a size 8 dress for it, it should come today or tomorrow and hopefully will fit by then! 10s are big on top now so should be ok x

I'm really looking forward to it, don't know how many we'll be able to invite though, hope the weathers nice and then they have all the room outside as well

I'm sure it'll fit, can't wait to see photo's

I think the 7th July will be off plan for a lot is us! I have a wedding that day and Annie is doing her skydive that day too! Oh and it's my dad and mammars birthday too lol xx

It's a bad day then....well a good day I'm sure we'll all enjoy it lol. The worse day for me will be the 9th, his actual Birthday as we're going to pizza hut and I've already decided I'm sharing a stuffed crust pizza with my boyfriend, normally I'd go for a low cal one or a pasta but if I can't pig out on pizza on little ones Birthday when can I lol.

I'm really looking forward to it, don't know how many we'll be able to invite though, hope the weathers nice and then they have all the room outside as well

I'm sure it'll fit, can't wait to see photo's

It's a bad day then....well a good day I'm sure we'll all enjoy it lol. The worse day for me will be the 9th, his actual Birthday as we're going to pizza hut and I've already decided I'm sharing a stuffed crust pizza with my boyfriend, normally I'd go for a low cal one or a pasta but if I can't pig out on pizza on little ones Birthday when can I lol.

Exactly...............go for it :-D

I will try and be good but it will be the alcohol that gets me lol.

Spoke to Annie on twitter earlier cos my football team play her football team on the 1st of September. Very exciting lol x

looking through my mums photo's and can't believe the size of me!

3219_1090318213506_3009708_n.jpg
This was Easter 2009 I went on a diet on my own then and lost a fair bit of weight, before meeting my boyfriend...stayed about the same for a while but then when he moved in I piled weight on again. (look at my skinny mum stood there lol)
got down to about this weight
30169_1410115006382_4446098_n.jpg
then this was taken the week before I joined slimming world
198464_1763709784291_1145473_n.jpg
Just after getting back in my target range this March
531289_3300360261332_113778704_n.jpg
534018_3754617057468_141626037_n.jpg
In Scarborough the other week

Sorry about attacking the thread with these photo's, but I actually love looking back now and seeing how I've grown and shrunk over the years. It makes me determined never to grow like that again!!!! Still no idea whether to stick around the weight I am now or go down another half stone though...

Exactly...............go for it :-D

I will try and be good but it will be the alcohol that gets me lol.

Spoke to Annie on twitter earlier cos my football team play her football team on the 1st of September. Very exciting lol x

As long as you enjoy it lol

oooo that'll be interesting, which teams are they then?

Back