Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Morning all.

Just thought I'd update you :)

I spent all of yesterday in hospital! I got to work in the morning and my boss told me to go home, lucky really because the consultant called me at 9.15. Went straight to hospital and had all sorts of tests done. Finally left hospital at 6.15!

They are 99.99% sure I don't have a clot and said my doctor who sent me was just being very cautious. The senior doctor at hospital was laughing at my story of how I ended up there and said "this just gets better and better" haha he said I have a very very good clean bill of health. But because I was still coughing etc to take it easy this weekend so I'm catching up sleep and hopefully I'll be fighting fit by Monday!

Thanks for all your kind words everyone, meant a lot.

Oh and on a plus note my stomach is like a pumped up balloon now!

Xx

Thats great news Nikki - you should defo get some rest and sleep this weekend. Shame they didnt get you a sneaky scan while you were in - have you heard anymore about it?

Morning ladies - as you prob already know, i am not cut out for NOT weighing every week - haha i change my mind like the weather. Anyways decided to weigh in and "man up" about the results. 1lb off from last week - excellent news for me. Will keep doing what i am doing but will aim to be more sw strict and count syns etc. My excercise will be increased next week and aim to get out running without waiting til i am at gym....if only the damn rain would go off!!

debtin said:
Thats great news Nikki - you should defo get some rest and sleep this weekend. Shame they didnt get you a sneaky scan while you were in - have you heard anymore about it?

Defo going to rest and sleep this weekend.

I was really hoping for a sneaky scan but they didn't offer one. Still not had a midwife letter! Xx

Morning ladies!!! This is the start of day 4 for me and I had a sneaky weigh in because I was feeling so bloated wasn't convinced that I was losing weight with all the eating lol but now I'm motivated again!!
Hope everyone else has a Good Friday

:-( 1/2 on what's that all about :-(

lynica said:

Join the club! Is * week looming like me? Could be all sorts of reasons Ronnie, don't get dependant, keep being 100% & it will pay off! X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Well done Deb that's a great start.

Glad all sorted & you haven't got a nasty clot! Rest up over the weekend & enjoy your growing bump! X

Morning all.

I spent all of yesterday in hospital! I got to work in the morning and my boss told me to go home, lucky really because the consultant called me at 9.15. Went straight to hospital and had all sorts of tests done. Finally left hospital at 6.15!

They are 99.99% sure I don't have a clot and said my doctor who sent me was just being very cautious. The senior doctor at hospital was laughing at my story of how I ended up there and said "this just gets better and better" haha he said I have a very very good clean bill of health. But because I was still coughing etc to take it easy this weekend so I'm catching up sleep and hopefully I'll be fighting fit by Monday!

Xx

glad to hear everythings okay, best to be safe then sorry even though hospitals are horrible places to be stuck around.

Morning ladies - as you prob already know, i am not cut out for NOT weighing every week - haha i change my mind like the weather. Anyways decided to weigh in and "man up" about the results. 1lb off from last week - excellent news for me. Will keep doing what i am doing but will aim to be more sw strict and count syns etc. My excercise will be increased next week and aim to get out running without waiting til i am at gym....if only the damn rain would go off!!

goid luck getting out on a run, as soon as it stops rainibg get yourself out. i find if im already running and it rains it doesnt bother me as much whereas if its raining before i set off its a nightmare.

Morning ladies!!! This is the start of day 4 for me and I had a sneaky weigh in because I was feeling so bloated wasn't convinced that I was losing weight with all the eating lol but now I'm motivated again!!

glad to hear your motivated. happy Friday

could be a number of things, have another 100% week and hopefully you'll have a double loss next week.

librarys done, cakes in the oven and the plan is to get on the cross trainer while the cakes cooling and then decorate it after lunch. not feeling motivated to get on the crosstrainet but i know ill regret it more if i dont do it. especially with today being takeaway day

kim63 said:
WI today was as expected disappointing! But I do look at it quite dispassionately cos whats the point getting worked up about one little WI in the grand scheme of things, especially when I know its not 'food' weight but 'water' weight from * week looming & I feel like an UmpaLumpa lol!
Anyways, 2lb on, but that hopefully will disperse through osmosis or I put a pin in my belly & burst lol!
Hope you all have a good day now x

Missed few posts today?? Need to go back and read. Star week is evil which is why am surprised at my loss. Your attitudes are great tho ladies. We will all find our selves querying the scales esp when doing so well. I guess only way forward is to keep at it x

Come on ladies - keep your chins up, we can do this! We all know that if the scale doesn't say what you expect it to, then it's usually rewarded with an extra good result the following week if you stick at it!

Morning all.

Xx

Glad everything is ok - I knew it would be. At least your mind is now put at rest and you (and your family) can enjoy your pregnancy :)

Glad things are going well - today is day 5 for me! Hoping to get my birthday weight gain off, hehe x

downtownsuzie said:
Welcome to the two new lovely ladies :)

I really struggled at the gym tonight, but I think its because I rushed to get there. It usually takes about 35 minutes to walk from the bus station to the gym (and I'm not a slow walker) but I made it in 20! On a Tuesday and Thursday they have a gym circuit class at 8 and everyone else gets kicked out, except my bus was late - that's why I rushed. I think it took the wind out of my sails a bit - the walk was a workout of its own haha!

Made the Pork pasta thing from the EE cookbook (again), but with chicken instead (again), its becoming a fast favourite in this household! And I didn't burn it this time loooooooool

What's that receipe? Sounds good

What's that receipe? Sounds good

It's in the Extra Easy cookbook, I don't know the page number off the top of my head, but I found this on another thread:

Penne with rich pork and tomato ragu

Serves 4
Ready in 30-35 mins
Ragu can be frozen
**Free on extra easy

1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded (optional) and thinly sliced
1 tsp ground cinnamon
794g/1lb 2oz extra lean mince pork
198g/7oz cherry tomatoes, halved
400g can of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp concentrated chicken stock
8 tbsp finely chopped basil
salt and pepper to taste
397g/14oz dried penne or rigatoni pasta
chopped basil leaves, for garnish

1. Stir-fry onion, garlic and red chilli in a non stick frying pan over a medium heat for 2-3 mins
2. Add cinnamon and pork mince and stir-fry for 3-4 mins. Add the tomatoes, stock and chopped basil. Bring to the boil. Season well, cover tightly and cook over a low heat for 20-25 mins.
3. While sauce is cooking, cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and return to the saucepan. Pour over the meat sauce. Toss to mix well, garnish with chopped basil.

________

I used chicken instead of pork mince and didn't put the chilli or basil leaves in. It was super yummy - I even made enough for lunchtime today!

Amazing news! Got a job interview at a nursery in my town! I would mean no more buses, no more having to deal with stupid cars, no more working with the most miserable, bitter woman in the world and most of all - back into childcare, which means I can reapply for my Diploma course!! Wahooooooooooo!

downtownsuzie said:
Amazing news! Got a job interview at a nursery in my town! I would mean no more buses, no more having to deal with stupid cars, no more working with the most miserable, bitter woman in the world and most of all - back into childcare, which means I can reapply for my Diploma course!! Wahooooooooooo!

Ooh fingers crossed for you! What sort of job is it?

Ahhh congrats and good luck :)

Thanks girls. I'll be working in a nursery again, not sure whether babies, toddlers or pre-school yet though. Hopefully pre-school, so fingers crossed! Been out of childcare for almost 2 years, so this is a big big big break for me - I really need this to work out!

OH has also been offered a job as Head of Security at Debenhams. It's a bit less money, but it means he can become a special constable, so potenitally lots of changes around the corner!

I feel like life is about to become amazing!

Thanks girls. I'll be working in a nursery again, not sure whether babies, toddlers or pre-school yet though. Hopefully pre-school, so fingers crossed! Been out of childcare for almost 2 years, so this is a big big big break for me - I really need this to work out!

OH has also been offered a job as Head of Security at Debenhams. It's a bit less money, but it means he can become a special constable, so potenitally lots of changes around the corner!

I feel like life is about to become amazing!

Sounds fab :) isn't it great when things just seem to fall into place

My boyfriends got someone interested in talking to him about becoming a recruitment consultant for teachers. Fingers crossed that goes well. Not heard from that job I applied for yet :( not looking good.

It took over a week for them to get back to me Donna, I didn't think they would either - have faith!

I only answered the phone by chance as it was a local number lol

Back