Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Think I just figured out y I haven't lost weight. The steam in the bag fish I've been having every day nearly thinking it was free with butter removed is actually 5 syns :(

Ugh would explain alot

Im sure it wouldn't have done too much harm as its only an extra 100 calories per day & you do a lot of exercise.
From personal experience Charlene, I find I always plateau after a few months & nothing shifts & the only thing to do is keep plodding away. Dont forget it isnt an official weight either, so just wait & see

Welcome back Charlie!!!! I dont think you are the only one this has happened to, me included lol! At least you're nipping it in the bud before it gets out of hand & Im sure that stone will come off no problem. Its too easy to let the naughty foods creep back in & thats why I have to have the structure of SW or I go off the rails too easily as well. A few little things have changed on SW which Im sure you will pick up, but just holler. What day will you WI on? x

Yay welcome back Charlie!! Xx

Thank you ladies! And congratulations Nikki :)

I think you're right Kim, structure is what I needed yet I thew it out of the window! I'm looking forward to meal planning again - I've missed some of the meals I used to cook when on SW, we've got the minced beef hash tonight! I've got a backlog of the magazines that I've ignored to plough through too!

How are everyone's losses/maintains? It seems ages since I was posting on here last, are there any major changes to SW that I need to know? I'll have a look at the mags when I get chance to see if there's anything in there.

Kim - are you still running/cycling? I've entered the Loughborough Half Marathon on 24th March with my running club! Very excited :)

x

Thank you ladies! And congratulations Nikki :)

I think you're right Kim, structure is what I needed yet I thew it out of the window! I'm looking forward to meal planning again - I've missed some of the meals I used to cook when on SW, we've got the minced beef hash tonight! I've got a backlog of the magazines that I've ignored to plough through too!

How are everyone's losses/maintains? It seems ages since I was posting on here last, are there any major changes to SW that I need to know? I'll have a look at the mags when I get chance to see if there's anything in there.

Kim - are you still running/cycling? I've entered the Loughborough Half Marathon on 24th March with my running club! Very excited :)

x

Not running anymore Charlie, as started to get back into it & then got a trochanteric (hip) bursitis/tendonitis & saw a physio for a couple of months where it improved, so thought I would go out for a little jog & it flared up again. So, think those are my running days well & truely over lol! Im training, when I can get out, for a 100 mile charity bike ride in July in aid of a friend who died of ovarian cancer last year, just wish the weather would improve!
Good luck with your Half, they are a nice distance to run & not too taxing on the joints! How are your knees & tummy now?

I seem to be plateauing between 8.11 -8.13, but think the only way I will get down to 8.7 is cycling....snow is a bit off putting!

There's not too many major changes, so if you get stuck just ask us here or do a search x

Not running anymore Charlie, as started to get back into it & then got a trochanteric (hip) bursitis/tendonitis & saw a physio for a couple of months where it improved, so thought I would go out for a little jog & it flared up again. So, think those are my running days well & truely over lol! Im training, when I can get out, for a 100 mile charity bike ride in July in aid of a friend who died of ovarian cancer last year, just wish the weather would improve!
Good luck with your Half, they are a nice distance to run & not too taxing on the joints! How are your knees & tummy now?

I seem to be plateauing between 8.11 -8.13, but think the only way I will get down to 8.7 is cycling....snow is a bit off putting!

There's not too many major changes, so if you get stuck just ask us here or do a search x

Ah yes, I remember that you've mentioned the bike ride before! Hope your training goes well! That sucks about your hips, but I know you enjoy your cycling more :)

Knees aren't in the best shape, since I joined a running club I increased my mileage too quickly and had bad form - but new trainers after gait analysis and some stretches it seems to be improving.

Tummy still dodgy, turns out I'm not dairy intolerant but having a hard time figuring out trigger foods too. Am doing red days as low fibre and low grains are recommended for my type of IBS.

How is Charlie and DH?

Sorry to hear you have problems with your tummy Charlie, must be a nightmare when trying to loose weight as a lot of sw foods seem to set people off from what I've heard, suppose you just have to get into your own groove and figure out what works for you.

I'm gutted, gained 1.5lbs this week. It's not fat as I've been 100% on plan, but that's what upsets me more as its not deserved, its either this stupid cold or maybe I'm due a star week.... I'm really tempted to come off this injection and start on the pill just because then I'd know when it was coming, but seems a bit silly considering I still want to be on it for another year or so and changing contraception can also cause loads of problems.

Good morning ladies, long time no see! Good to see some new faces around here too!

Long story short - I'm back on the Slimming World wagon. Maintaining sans SW has not worked out too well (1 stone gain!) and I feel I didn't give it a fair chance when I hit target. Although I'm definitely not overweight; I'm not as happy as I was back at 8.7 stone and I would like to get back there. I feel that if I'd stuck with SW I would still be there, but at the time I felt I could go solo - and although my diet was very healthy, it was also full of fats (coconut milk, nut butters, etc). I will post a blog entry later when I'm back from shovelling snow at the school!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Charlie x

Hi Charlie

You sound alot like me, didn't stick with group and slipped off the wagon also gained 1 stone. Aiming for 8st. 10lbs to go until target lost 4lb in two weeks :)

Best of luck x

Ah yes, I remember that you've mentioned the bike ride before! Hope your training goes well! That sucks about your hips, but I know you enjoy your cycling more :)

Knees aren't in the best shape, since I joined a running club I increased my mileage too quickly and had bad form - but new trainers after gait analysis and some stretches it seems to be improving.

Tummy still dodgy, turns out I'm not dairy intolerant but having a hard time figuring out trigger foods too. Am doing red days as low fibre and low grains are recommended for my type of IBS.

How is Charlie and DH?

I love cycling especially as its a lot healthier for you with less chance of injuries.....unless you come off the bike lol!

Do you run on roads or on your treadmill, as roads are so bad for knees. But well done on getting decent trainers tho as they will help protect the knees. Have you seen those new running 'shoes', they're like flat little slippers that are supposed to be like running bare foot & supposed to be better for you!!

Very strange why you suddenly developed IBS as it seems a lot of ladies seem to suffer who follow SW.....maybe its too much fibre for the gut to handle? Hope you get on better with red days then. How was the IBS when you weren't following SW? Better or worse?

Charlie still as beautiful & precious as ever lol. She has a doggy walker now when i do long days & completely ignores all her other doggy pals!
DH still only home at weekends but fingers crossed he'll be back local in September.

Hows your job, OH & Penny? X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Sorry to hear you have problems with your tummy Charlie, must be a nightmare when trying to loose weight as a lot of sw foods seem to set people off from what I've heard, suppose you just have to get into your own groove and figure out what works for you.

I'm gutted, gained 1.5lbs this week. It's not fat as I've been 100% on plan, but that's what upsets me more as its not deserved, its either this stupid cold or maybe I'm due a star week.... I'm really tempted to come off this injection and start on the pill just because then I'd know when it was coming, but seems a bit silly considering I still want to be on it for another year or so and changing contraception can also cause loads of problems.

Sorry to hear you gained Donna. So infuriating when it happens especially when you know you've followed the plan 100%. We've been at it a long time so know we have to take it on the chin & get on with it!
Just concentrate on your running, follow the plan & by summer even if your weight us the same, think how toned you will be.....its only a number! Think we all have to remember that or we'll go nuts lol!

How did you get on Charlene?

Your right Kim and the annoying thing is even as I was weighing other people when they were disappointed I was saying ''we get so hung up on a number on the scales but that's not what people see when they look at you''
Although we know gains are going to happen sometimes when we don't deserve them I do think we're allowed to be a bit upset about it, as long as we don't let it make us go off plan. I was thinking meh I gained when I'd been poorly and good, I could have easily eaten more crisps or had a pizza ect. with how I was feeling, it would have been easy for me to come home tonight and say stuff it I gained anyway.... but as easy as that is, we all know that won't work and that it'll just mean next week I'd have a deserved gain. Just going to forget about it and look forward to a loss next week (I better loose as I'm out of my target range again lol)

Will def concentrate on the running and just enjoying the plan, although runs are still strictly inside at the minute as don't want to go out in this freezing weather and aggravate this cold any more then it already is lol.

Your right Kim and the annoying thing is even as I was weighing other people when they were disappointed I was saying ''we get so hung up on a number on the scales but that's not what people see when they look at you''
Although we know gains are going to happen sometimes when we don't deserve them I do think we're allowed to be a bit upset about it, as long as we don't let it make us go off plan. I was thinking meh I gained when I'd been poorly and good, I could have easily eaten more crisps or had a pizza ect. with how I was feeling, it would have been easy for me to come home tonight and say stuff it I gained anyway.... but as easy as that is, we all know that won't work and that it'll just mean next week I'd have a deserved gain. Just going to forget about it and look forward to a loss next week (I better loose as I'm out of my target range again lol)

Will def concentrate on the running and just enjoying the plan, although runs are still strictly inside at the minute as don't want to go out in this freezing weather and aggravate this cold any more then it already is lol.

Jan & Feb are grotty months for us people that like to exercise outdoors, but the weather will improve soon & we'll kick this weight losses arse lol!
Just think if we didnt have the structure of SW.........

Jan & Feb are grotty months for us people that like to exercise outdoors, but the weather will improve soon & we'll kick this weight losses arse lol!
Just think if we didnt have the structure of SW.........

I know, I was trying to explain that to my mum... she doesn't understand why I go for weekly WI's and thinks I'm obsessed with it, which I am a little, but its better then the alternative which would be me piling on weight and pretending it wasn't as bad as what it actually was.

My mum is very good at putting on half a stone and then noticing so pulling back and loosing the weight she needs to, whereas from past experience I just carry on squeezing myself into clothes and buying bigger ones but ranting about how I've not put on that much blah blah blah.... I might not be as bad now as I've never been as slim as I am now and I think I would refuse to buy bigger clothes..... but its easy to eat more snacks and just think ''I'll cut back later'' when I don't have the structure of slimming world

I know, I was trying to explain that to my mum... she doesn't understand why I go for weekly WI's and thinks I'm obsessed with it, which I am a little, but its better then the alternative which would be me piling on weight and pretending it wasn't as bad as what it actually was.

My mum is very good at putting on half a stone and then noticing so pulling back and loosing the weight she needs to, whereas from past experience I just carry on squeezing myself into clothes and buying bigger ones but ranting about how I've not put on that much blah blah blah.... I might not be as bad now as I've never been as slim as I am now and I think I would refuse to buy bigger clothes..... but its easy to eat more snacks and just think ''I'll cut back later'' when I don't have the structure of slimming world

EXACTLY! X

I gained 1.5 :( I feel so crap now :(

I feel bloated and like I need to go to loo. I'm hoping star week comes but I doubt that cause the first week of this month I bleed for 2 hrs so I took that as a very short star week lol

This means I've only lost 1lb this month. :(

I gained 1.5 :( I feel so crap now :(

I feel bloated and like I need to go to loo. I'm hoping star week comes but I doubt that cause the first week of this month I bleed for 2 hrs so I took that as a very short star week lol

This means I've only lost 1lb this month. :(

Sorry to hear of your gain Charlene. As I mentioned to Donna in an earlier post, we just need to take it on the chin as there is no rhyme or reason for our gains & can be very disheartening, but just keep plugging away. It doesn't sound as tho you had a proper * week if it only lasted 2hrs, so could be that & if you're bloated why not try some Slimatea for a week or so.
I've been maintaining for the past 6 weeks or so & cant get out of this rut, but not fretting too much about it just yet & know its exercise I need to start shifting this plateau. Try mixing things up a bit with your plan, with maybe some red days. Are you eating enough with all your exercise. Try stop eating the supernoodles as they are full of all sorts of additives & processed rubbish.....in my humble opinion! I'll have a look at your diary & see if there is anything else I can advice on x

I agree with Kim Charlene it could be star week as 2 hrs really isn't a proper one. Our bodies can be horrible things at times, you've been on plan so its not fat gain, it could be water retention from anything, star week, the weather ect. Best thing to do it not to dwell on it and just get on with another fantastic week, you'll see a loss next Tuesday I'm sure :)

Thanks Kim for looking At my diary. I appreciate it.
Yea Donna ur right. I hope my * week appears soon lol

ladies you all do so well - i take my hat off to you. When you have a gain when you have been so good (something i wouldnt know as i never get to a full week 100% cos i am cr*p) then you know you are doing nothing wrong and will see results soon.
I am going to weigh in on Friday then call target. If i lose i lose if not then i can take it without feeling like a fat munter!! I am not as unhappy with the way i look as i used to be and the best thing i have gained from all of this is how to make the healthier option. Know i have said this time and time again but i do feel that the majority of the time i get on better without the pressure that i put on myself. I was all geared up this week til i ate all my syns lol. I know its not a laughing matter but honestly it feels good to take the pressure off, eat the right choices and get into the excervise!!!
there is a thread starting for the 30 day shred.....does anyone want to start this challenge? we wouldnt need to wait til feb,we could start whenever we want but we need to do it at least 5 days per week? every day doesnt really work for me and thats when i will start making excuses.
so new plan for me - its probably just the same plan i follow but hoping by just getting on with it in my own wee way will be good. It worked before xmas so i am sure it will work again
you are all my inspiration ;o)

donna88 said:

kim63 said:
EXACTLY! X

EXACTLY ! X

debtin said:
ladies you all do so well - i take my hat off to you. When you have a gain when you have been so good (something i wouldnt know as i never get to a full week 100% cos i am cr*p) then you know you are doing nothing wrong and will see results soon.
I am going to weigh in on Friday then call target. If i lose i lose if not then i can take it without feeling like a fat munter!! I am not as unhappy with the way i look as i used to be and the best thing i have gained from all of this is how to make the healthier option. Know i have said this time and time again but i do feel that the majority of the time i get on better without the pressure that i put on myself. I was all geared up this week til i ate all my syns lol. I know its not a laughing matter but honestly it feels good to take the pressure off, eat the right choices and get into the excervise!!!
there is a thread starting for the 30 day shred.....does anyone want to start this challenge? we wouldnt need to wait til feb,we could start whenever we want but we need to do it at least 5 days per week? every day doesnt really work for me and thats when i will start making excuses.
so new plan for me - its probably just the same plan i follow but hoping by just getting on with it in my own wee way will be good. It worked before xmas so i am sure it will work again
you are all my inspiration ;o)

Deb I think you must do what you think is best for you, making healthy choices and keeping snacking low should keep your weight maintained good luck Hun I'm sure you'll get it straight x

30 day shred challenge....... ???? ;-)
I'm sure I felt better when I was doing it before it just kills me and I feel so knackered doing it but sure I felt really toned before my holidays from doing it :)
Will think about it and maybe ;-)

Back