Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Don't worry about it, have a nice time and then get back on it, if you have a small gain you know you can get back to where you are now. We have to live our lives as well :) well done on getting there

Well done, sounds like a lot of work

I'm back from the party and my run on the treadmill, I didn't touch anything at the party except for coke zero, pepsi diet and sugar free squash oh and I had a banana I'd brought with me as I knew I was then doing the run. Run went great, I did 7.2 miles, could have done more but don't want to over do it, the most I've run before is just under 5 miles so don't want to increase my miles too quickly as I don't want to cause myself an injury, there's a 9 miler the week before my half marathon that my mum thinks I should enter, I think I'm going to do it, but going to see if I can run more then 9 miles the week before as again don't want to increase all of a sudden from 9 to 13 :D

well done...that is brilliant!!

well done...that is brilliant!!

Thank you, I actually can't believe how much I'm enjoying it, it's crazy really. haha.

guys....thick question but going to ask regardless. if i had chicken chow mein does that mean my day has to be extra easy? confusing myself and thinking that cos i syn it i get to choose but thinking that is wishful thinking ha

guys....thick question but going to ask regardless. if i had chicken chow mein does that mean my day has to be extra easy? confusing myself and thinking that cos i syn it i get to choose but thinking that is wishful thinking ha

well I was about to say that it depends what you have planned the rest of the day, like once I worked out even though I was having meat sausages for tea I would actually get more by sticking to green and synning them at the higher value (because the syns I had left and the extra healthy extra's worked out better for what I had planned for the rest of the day) but I just checked and the syns are the same on green and ee, so as long as you haven't had any meat the rest of the day I'd stick with green

Don't worry about it, have a nice time and then get back on it, if you have a small gain you know you can get back to where you are now. We have to live our lives as well :) well done on getting there

Well done, sounds like a lot of work

I'm back from the party and my run on the treadmill, I didn't touch anything at the party except for coke zero, pepsi diet and sugar free squash oh and I had a banana I'd brought with me as I knew I was then doing the run. Run went great, I did 7.2 miles, could have done more but don't want to over do it, the most I've run before is just under 5 miles so don't want to increase my miles too quickly as I don't want to cause myself an injury, there's a 9 miler the week before my half marathon that my mum thinks I should enter, I think I'm going to do it, but going to see if I can run more then 9 miles the week before as again don't want to increase all of a sudden from 9 to 13 :D

Well done on the running, that's great mileage. How many weeks till the half marathon?

Well done on the running, that's great mileage. How many weeks till the half marathon?

4 weeks, so I can def do it (I hope lol)

Well done on the run donna. I keep trying to get into running but I find it so boring. I dont think I like been inside my own head. I love it at the gym when theres a tv infront of me lol x

well I was about to say that it depends what you have planned the rest of the day, like once I worked out even though I was having meat sausages for tea I would actually get more by sticking to green and synning them at the higher value (because the syns I had left and the extra healthy extra's worked out better for what I had planned for the rest of the day) but I just checked and the syns are the same on green and ee, so as long as you haven't had any meat the rest of the day I'd stick with green

no only had egg then cous cous and used healthy extra for bread and cheese. so i can have another healthy extra?

no only had egg then cous cous and used healthy extra for bread and cheese. so i can have another healthy extra?

Yeah go for it and enjoy :)

Sounds like a good idea re the running Donna, most training plans for half marathons will take you up to at least 10 miles before the race. I've given myself enough time to go well over (I'm doing a 14 mile long run tomorrow!) before my first half. 2 miles increase a week is plenty for your long runs, strictly speaking you're not supposed to increase by more than 10%.

Which half are you training for? You'll have to let us know how you get on!

Sounds like a good idea re the running Donna, most training plans for half marathons will take you up to at least 10 miles before the race. I've given myself enough time to go well over (I'm doing a 14 mile long run tomorrow!) before my first half. 2 miles increase a week is plenty for your long runs, strictly speaking you're not supposed to increase by more than 10%.

Which half are you training for? You'll have to let us know how you get on!

Which one are you doing?

I'm doing Retford, apparently it's quite hilly at the end so I did the run on the treadmill on increase 3, depending on whether I've figured out running to a certain roundabout and back is 8.5 miles so will do that next weekend that is quite hilly too :)

Which one are you doing?

I'm doing Retford, apparently it's quite hilly at the end so I did the run on the treadmill on increase 3, depending on whether I've figured out running to a certain roundabout and back is 8.5 miles so will do that next weekend that is quite hilly too :)

Loughborough :) good luck, and well done on your training so far!

Loughborough :) good luck, and well done on your training so far!

It's a bit crazy really, only decided I was doing it this week... in fact on Thursday haha, so training is a bit rushed, but otherwise my first race before then is July and I just wasn't getting motivated to up my mileage (I think because that seemed so far away)

Good luck with yours as well :) when is it?

It's a bit crazy really, only decided I was doing it this week... in fact on Thursday haha, so training is a bit rushed, but otherwise my first race before then is July and I just wasn't getting motivated to up my mileage (I think because that seemed so far away)

Good luck with yours as well :) when is it?

End of march but been training for a while with club for other races too!

End of march but been training for a while with club for other races too!

Exciting :)

can't wait for mine, hope the club updates their club champs races soon so I can get some other races booked for after the half. (Don't have to run the club champs races but the more I run the more likely I am to get a trophy hehe)

Wow loving all the pics ladies!

Charlene you look amazing!!

Has anyone tried the cauliflower cheese soup? My C recommended it this week so im just making it now. Its 3 syns on all plans but can be used as a hexa :)

I've had it before, its lovely. Want to try it with brocolli and the blue cheese triangles as well :)

Wow everyone looks amazing in their pics!

I am not sure I really have many of possibly any pics from when I was at my biggest, I tended to avoid the camera.

Well on my week of trying the 5:2 fast diet thing I lost 1lb - not a miraculous loss like many people get on their first week of it but of course a lot of them eat really unhealthily before starting it. I had a lot of yummy things at the world buffet and also had a fair few yummy treats on other up days like kitkat chunkys etc :) so pleased with that result.

The plan was to try it for another week to see how it goes (as since I had only done 2 of the low cal days it doesn't really feel like I gave it much if a trial). The plan was also to eat more normally on the up days this week, less extravagant treats! However I haven't felt well for the past few days and been craving utter crap food.

Last night I gave into Chinese takeaway (and not a healthy choice fried rice, chips and satay sauce mmm) and also some iced donuts. And a galaxy ripple lol!

And today I met up with old friends for tea, cake and a cocktail. Though this was planned so that's fine.

Shall still attempt my 2 500cal days but really not expecting a loss again this week :-/ at the end of the week will decide if I will continue on 5:2 or go back to simply filling as I know I can lose on that too. X

Back