Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

I find it interesting how clothes sizes can vary so much at similar heights and weights.

My initial aim was to get back to my weight when i started uni which was about 9st 7lb and I was an 8-10 then mostly 8s on top and 10 on bottom. So ten years later I get back to an even lower weight (around 9st but I am a little bit over at the moment) but am pretty far away from a size8 although I have been back into the size 10s for ages! Guess we change shape over time.

You must be really toned Vic as even at 9stone I was nowhere near getting into size 8s! A size 10 was the aim anyway as then all my clothes fit if I got much smaller would need a whole new wardrobe lol!

Just out of interest what clothes size are you other ladies? Only if you don't mind answering of course! X

hey missus i am 5ft...just!! wear mostly size ten bottoms depending where i get them but the Next size ten jeans hang off my bum but have matalan size ten work trousers that fit but much tighter. big boobs so prob a twelve now for more room. i was 8st 8lb at last weigh in three weeks ago

Maybe try blind weigh ins for a while, I used to and found they were great. It meant I was concentrated on how id stuck to it and how I felt in myself rather then what the scales say. I'm going to go back to them after the easter holidays, would do it tomorrow but want to know before Easter what I weigh now

what a shame. how did you feel about you self before class tonight?

I felt good cos my scales were so low. Had a good cry n talk with oh. We r cutting out all treats in lead up to wedding and been really good. We r also gonna hammer the gym. Im gonna stop going to group. Seeing my weight each week is doing nothing for my confidence at all. In 8 weeks I have lost 1 1/2lbs :-(

I felt good cos my scales were so low. Had a good cry n talk with oh. We r cutting out all treats in lead up to wedding and been really good. We r also gonna hammer the gym. Im gonna stop going to group. Seeing my weight each week is doing nothing for my confidence at all. In 8 weeks I have lost 1 1/2lbs :-(

Keep plodding along.....I was like that n then had a 3lb lost which is a lot got me. I usually do 1 or half at a time so 3 off was a major shock
Keep at it & u will lose :)

I don't reckon I have lost this week in fact I feel like I have gained weight but lost inches instead.
I'm gonna measure myself on Wednesday after group n measure myself every week so I know each time I don't lose weight I can check size

just keep doing what your doing and stay focused..each wee step will get you closer x

What was your weight on your own scales when you started Vicky 8 weeks ago

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Are you drinking enough fluids Vicky, as you've upped your exercise & you can sometimes gain on the scales coz your muscles retain fluid to repair themselves, so you need to drink more

Even now I can see a difference in sizes just from people that have responded already.
I meant to say in my post that I'm 5'7 n current weight is 9st 12

Are you drinking enough fluids Vicky, as you've upped your exercise & you can sometimes gain on the scales coz your muscles retain fluid to repair themselves, so you need to drink more

Yer I drink about 4 litres a day of squash and about 4 mint teas.
My starr weight on my scales was 10 11 same as at sw which is what I find weird x

Hello my lovelies :)

Sorry to hear your feeling down vicky :-( love your wedding dress though and i know that when you put your mind to it you can do great things to the numbers on the scales. Try for little taragets first hun so try and get from the 1.5lb lost to 7lb and work in small steps ((hugs))

Its really interesting thinking about sizes and height and weight. When i got to 9st 2 last feb i was a size 6-8 and 5ft 7...more and 8 but i do have size sixes too. When i crept to 10st in june i jumped up to 10 but i still had a size 6 dress that fitted me from next and then when i was talking to my aunt at the wedding about it she responded with "youve got to be kidding your no way a size 6" which i knew i wasnt but hosh talk about insensative!!

So as you can see from my sig im literally 2.5lb away from where i started my sw journey 3 years ago, coming to 31 weeks now and im living in legfings becausw nothing fits!! Not even my size 12 jeans can i do up.....they come up but dont do up so think ill buy an extender. Just worried because once the baby comes i have no fat clothes that will fit! 3 days left at work and then hopefully i can get the wii fit out and do that everyday along with cooking sw meals!

Sorry for the long post!

Sorry to hear your feeling down vicky :-( love your wedding dress though and i know that when you put your mind to it you can do great things to the numbers on the scales. Try for little taragets first hun so try and get from the 1.5lb lost to 7lb and work in small steps ((hugs))

Its really interesting thinking about sizes and height and weight. When i got to 9st 2 last feb i was a size 6-8 and 5ft 7...more and 8 but i do have size sixes too. When i crept to 10st in june i jumped up to 10 but i still had a size 6 dress that fitted me from next and then when i was talking to my aunt at the wedding about it she responded with "youve got to be kidding your no way a size 6" which i knew i wasnt but hosh talk about insensative!!

So as you can see from my sig im literally 2.5lb away from where i started my sw journey 3 years ago, coming to 31 weeks now and im living in legfings becausw nothing fits!! Not even my size 12 jeans can i do up.....they come up but dont do up so think ill buy an extender. Just worried because once the baby comes i have no fat clothes that will fit! 3 days left at work and then hopefully i can get the wii fit out and do that everyday along with cooking sw meals!

Sorry for the long post!

how excited about finishing work you must be. i finished 2-3 weeks before due date but wee one arrived ten days early. was looking forward to resting too lol i was massive but you still sound teeny so i wouldn't worry. how have you been keeping?

I forget I'm a giant of this thread....

I mentioned measurements earlier and how I'm mainly in 8's, but I forgot to mention I'm 5 foot 3 and a half..... last time I was weighed I was 9 stone 2, but hoping that will be a bit lower tonight.... would be very happy if I'm 9 stone, would cry if I was 8 stone something haha

Sorry for the long post!

I don't think you need to worry, you probably aren't as big as you think you are and after having little one you'll want to live in leggings for comfort for a week or so anyway.

Bet you can't wait to finish work, enjoy the time you have off before you have the little one as well, I had mine a week before I was due to finish (well actually a couple of weeks before I was due to finish but I had holidays booked in) which in one way was good but I didn't have any relaxing time (although the way his dad was I wouldn't have had time to relax if I had finished before having him)

I can't wait to have one with my boyfriend to be fair, just because I can enjoy the whole experience, I feel I missed out on all that with my little one, its a good job he makes up for it by being the most amazing little boy ever :) speaking of him, I best run up and get him dressed for school.

Hi im new here and would love to weigh less than 9st im 9st 8 at the mo my starting weight was 12st wen i joined slimming world a year ago

I forget I'm a giant of this thread....

I mentioned measurements earlier and how I'm mainly in 8's, but I forgot to mention I'm 5 foot 3 and a half..... last time I was weighed I was 9 stone 2, but hoping that will be a bit lower tonight.... would be very happy if I'm 9 stone, would cry if I was 8 stone something haha

I don't think you need to worry, you probably aren't as big as you think you are and after having little one you'll want to live in leggings for comfort for a week or so anyway.

Bet you can't wait to finish work, enjoy the time you have off before you have the little one as well, I had mine a week before I was due to finish (well actually a couple of weeks before I was due to finish but I had holidays booked in) which in one way was good but I didn't have any relaxing time (although the way his dad was I wouldn't have had time to relax if I had finished before having him)

I can't wait to have one with my boyfriend to be fair, just because I can enjoy the whole experience, I feel I missed out on all that with my little one, its a good job he makes up for it by being the most amazing little boy ever :) speaking of him, I best run up and get him dressed for school.

I so cant wait!! I have 3 weeks holiday and maternity leave starts the 22nd april when im 34 weeks. Wanted to leave early because my mum had me 5 weeks early and im scared it will happen with me!!

Xx

So exciting Nikki! Doesn't seem 5 minutes ago you told us you were expecting her.....look forward to hearing what her name will be as well. Im sure your figure will bounce back as you'll be pretty busy running around with a new bub! Our first baby on this thread :). Can you believe we've all been chatting for about a year!!!

How funny we're nearly the same sort of sizes Deb! Just wish I was a bit smaller chested tho lol as I spend a fortune on bras! I buy from a certain shop, but have bought the same brand from a certain auction site considerably cheaper! They should be arriving in the next few days so if they're a good fit & same quality, I'll let you know Deb.

Surely that means you've lost 11lbs on your scales then Vicky??? I would go with what they say to be honest, as its a downward trend & thats all that matters especially now you're doing it from home.

Slap wrist as stood on my new scales this morning & was 8st 9lbs 4oz!!! Im enjoying this maintaining business if I carry on losing weight lol! EE days with an extra Hexb is obviously suiting me & the exercise when I can fit it in with my shifts. You never know I may still get to 8.7 by my Birthday!

Fingers crossed for Donna & Charlene for WI tonight

Welcome Kerry & well done on your weight loss so far. Are you a shorty like most of us on here?

I so cant wait!! I have 3 weeks holiday and maternity leave starts the 22nd april when im 34 weeks. Wanted to leave early because my mum had me 5 weeks early and im scared it will happen with me!!

Xx

Always better to be prepared, my maternity leave was due to start the day before I had him as I was convinced I'd be two weeks overdue (I would have started it two weeks after he was due if I could have gotten away with it lol) but I packed my hospital bag really early because I was so excited. I'm glad I did as my waters went at 36 weeks and I was induced a week later so he was 3 weeks early. I always cringe now when pregnant people go on about how they haven't packed their bags as they have a month to go lol.

Hi im new here and would love to weigh less than 9st im 9st 8 at the mo my starting weight was 12st wen i joined slimming world a year ago

welcome Kerry :)

So exciting Nikki! Doesn't seem 5 minutes ago you told us you were expecting her.....look forward to hearing what her name will be as well. Im sure your figure will bounce back as you'll be pretty busy running around with a new bub! Our first baby on this thread :). Can you believe we've all been chatting for about a year!!!

How funny we're nearly the same sort of sizes Deb! Just wish I was a bit smaller chested tho lol as I spend a fortune on bras! I buy from a certain shop, but have bought the same brand from a certain auction site considerably cheaper! They should be arriving in the next few days so if they're a good fit & same quality, I'll let you know Deb.

Surely that means you've lost 11lbs on your scales then Vicky??? I would go with what they say to be honest, as its a downward trend & thats all that matters especially now you're doing it from home.

Slap wrist as stood on my new scales this morning & was 8st 9lbs 4oz!!! Im enjoying this maintaining business if I carry on losing weight lol! EE days with an extra Hexb is obviously suiting me & the exercise when I can fit it in with my shifts. You never know I may still get to 8.7 by my Birthday!

Welcome Kerry & well done on your weight loss so far. Are you a shorty like most of us on here?

I think I need to start trying to maintain after Easter ;) my problem seems to be whenever I should relax and just see how things go I have plans coming up so want to desperately loose for them.

Thanks Kim, if I don't loose today I'm going to be in a right mood with the scales. Only thing that annoys me is the scales are the only thing I can be in a mood with, I'm not one of those people who doesn't get what they want on the scales so binges as I'm terrified that will only mean a massive gain. I am not going to let what the scales say ruin my Easter or my night out the following week with friends though. I refuse :)

A whole year!! Isnt it crazy how time flies. I cant wait to be able to have a proper chat with you all when ive got some extra time next week :)

Back