Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

I always do my ironing, but that's more because little one has his uniform which needs to be done every Sunday and boyfriend has to wear shirts for work, so I just do it all on a Sunday night.

Having a BBQ for my brothers leaving do today, we've made our own burgers, BBQ sauce and veggie pasta... mums doing tuna pasta salad but I think I'll steer clear as I'm not sure what mayo she'll use, she'll have salad as well and may use tesco light choices sausages (if she doesn't I'll steer clear of them too) and she normally does extra bits like just some chicken ect. so I should be sorted.

Deciding whether to take some low alcohol wine, does anyone know the syns on it? Its 5.5% Or would I rather keep my syns for either some pudding there or chocolate this evening... hmmmm... decisions.

Hope everyone's having a good day

Hi everybody :)

Been toying with the idea of coming back for a while now. Looks like there has been lots going on! Congratulations to Nikki for the birth of Millie - she is beautiful x

Congratulations to Vicky on your big day - you looked stunning!

I would like to apologise for removing Nikki and Vicky from my Facebook, but I have been so embarrassed with my progress and it has taken a lot to accept that food was beginning to become a problem for me again. I felt like I just wanted to hide away from the world to avoid having to admit it. I didn't want you both to see how much I have been failing.

I joined a SW group a couple of months ago and my first day went well and then had a 3 day migraine due to lack of sugar. Didn't go back to group and of course I got straight back to old habits and things got even worse for me - drinking up to 4 energy drinks a day and well, you all know of my love for chocolate. Lots has changed in my personal life though. I no longer work for my Dad, I got engaged in February and I am starting a course with the Open University in October.

We are going on holiday in October and the thought of a bikini terrifies me, so on the 1st June (with 4 months to go), I have sprung into action. I have been using My Fitness Pal to keep track of what I eat and doing 30 mins of exercise 5 days a week. It is going really well. I lost 3.5lbs in my first week, bringing me down to 11st 2.5. It took an absolute age for my head to be back in the right place!

I know I shouldn't really be in the 9's to 8's thread, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Am I allowed back? Pweeeeeeease xoxo

Been toying with the idea of coming back for a while now. Looks like there has been lots going on! Congratulations to Nikki for the birth of Millie - she is beautiful x

I would like to apologise for removing Nikki and Vicky from my Facebook, but I have been so embarrassed with my progress and it has taken a lot to accept that food was beginning to become a problem for me again. I felt like I just wanted to hide away from the world to avoid having to admit it. I didn't want you both to see how much I have been failing.

I joined a SW group a couple of months ago and my first day went well and then had a 3 day migraine due to lack of sugar. Didn't go back to group and of course I got straight back to old habits and things got even worse for me - drinking up to 4 energy drinks a day and well, you all know of my love for chocolate. Lots has changed in my personal life though. I no longer work for my Dad, I got engaged in February and I am starting a course with the Open University in October.

We are going on holiday in October and the thought of a bikini terrifies me, so on the 1st June (with 4 months to go), I have sprung into action. I have been using My Fitness Pal to keep track of what I eat and doing 30 mins of exercise 5 days a week. It is going really well. I lost 3.5lbs in my first week, bringing me down to 11st 3.5. It took an absolute age for my head to be back in the right place!

I know I shouldn't really be in the 9's to 8's thread, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Am I allowed back? Pweeeeeeease xoxo

Hey welcome back, well done on getting back to it.

It sounds like your doing really well for yourself other then the weight issue... but that's probably a good sign as being happy and doing well will help you to keep motivated. Congratulations on your engagement, and good luck with the open university course too :)

Hey welcome back, well done on getting back to it.

It sounds like your doing really well for yourself other then the weight issue... but that's probably a good sign as being happy and doing well will help you to keep motivated. Congratulations on your engagement, and good luck with the open university course too :)

Thank you :) I think as my weight goes down, I will move back over to SW - I just wanted to get myself away from all the junk and didn't want it to be too much of a shock to the system. I have a new SW pack in the kitchen, so as soon as I feel ready I will make the change.

We are going on holiday in October and the thought of a bikini terrifies me, so on the 1st June (with 4 months to go), I have sprung into action. I have been using My Fitness Pal to keep track of what I eat and doing 30 mins of exercise 5 days a week. It is going really well. I lost 3.5lbs in my first week, bringing me down to 11st 2.5. It took an absolute age for my head to be back in the right place!

I wouldn't worry Annie. I was back up to 11 1. As of today I am 10 6. I put a bit back on over the wedding period.

Hows things going for you x

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't worry Annie. I was back up to 11 1. As of today I am 10 6. I put a bit back on over the wedding period.

Hows things going for you x

Really well thank you! Now in childcare full time and hoping to start my healthcare play degree next year :) we've looked at a couple of venues, but haven't booked anywhere yet lol

San Antonio Bay for your honeymoon! Went a couple of years ago and loved it. Try and go to the Pink Panther bar when you are there, they are so lovely! When we went, they may have been *ahem* led to believe that we were on our honeymoon and we didn't pay for a drink all week! We definitely want to go back - it was beautiful. And we went in April, bet it's even nicer in August! x

Last edited by a moderator:
Annie now ive looked at the color run I REALLY wanna do it. I'm gonna try convince my besti to do it but she s not very athletic lol x

It's not a timed race, so you can go at your leisure. I think its more about having fun, they call it "the happiest 5k" lol

Just been to the gym. 30 mins cardio and dabbled with some weights. Still got 317 calories left for the day and that's not including the 500 allocated for dinner! Not sure what to have...

welcome back Annie...body image and the whole weight thing is a nightmare. you seem as though you are on the right track. just do one day at a time and try to get to where you want to be x
congratulations on your engagement and the course x

guys had an awful self conscious day at the beach. girls had bikini on and i couldn't even bring myself to wear shorts...not that i even own shorts...but cant help thinking how awful i am going to feel on holiday.

today i have had 2 ham cheese n pickle crisps with small side salad with gherkins yet i feel terribly bloated. can't even face dinner..
was going to have bacon and chicken salad tom for work..is this greedy and i should pick either the bacon or chicken and not both?

don't want to hear down a slippery slope but want to trust sw. just want to make sure am not eating too much either x

Annie!!! Ive missed you so much!! Miss our chats :-( good to see you back :)

Im at 11st 12.5lb now so we can spur each other on to get back to the 9s.

Please dont ever be embarrased, life happens but we arw always here for support. I dont know what i would do without this group.

Xxx

welcome back Annie...body image and the whole weight thing is a nightmare. you seem as though you are on the right track. just do one day at a time and try to get to where you want to be x
congratulations on your engagement and the course x

Thank you! It is still very much one day at a time for me at the moment, but so far it has been much easier than I had expected - it feels nice to be in control of my food again and not the other way around. I can see my cheekbones already! Haha x

Annie!!! Ive missed you so much!! Miss our chats :-( good to see you back :)

Im at 11st 12.5lb now so we can spur each other on to get back to the 9s.

Please dont ever be embarrased, life happens but we arw always here for support. I dont know what i would do without this group.

Xxx

We can def spur each other on :) Don't rush into anything though until you feel totally ready - maybe we can set a challenge? Just let me know when and I'm there!

It was like a downward spiral Nik, and I felt like there was nothing I could do to stop it :(

Gym bag is ready for the morning and food is prepped x

Thank you! It is still very much one day at a time for me at the moment, but so far it has been much easier than I had expected - it feels nice to be in control of my food again and not the other way around. I can see my cheekbones already! Haha x

We can def spur each other on :) Don't rush into anything though until you feel totally ready - maybe we can set a challenge? Just let me know when and I'm there!

It was like a downward spiral Nik, and I felt like there was nothing I could do to stop it :(

Gym bag is ready for the morning and food is prepped x

A new challenge sounds great :) i have no clothes that fit and im living in leggings and a couple of stretchy dresses i have. Even my maternity jeans dont pull up without bulges! Seriously let myself go whilst pregnant.

Dont be sad sweetie,we know we can do it and just need to be focussed and help each other along xx

Nikki, annie I am the same. Im in leggings and summer dresses from years ago. Only difference is is that youve just had a baby nikki!!!!!!

We can do this n catch the others up x

nikki can relate to how you feel but just give yourself more time..i remember getting fed up and frustrated and coupled with little sleep it was tough going

guys we can all do this...i need to do it!!

tried on a shirt i bought at xmas that at the time i thought fitted me when reality is that i couldn't be bothered taking it back..size 8 and my huge boob don't fit into them..also looks stretched around tummy. OH said i should use it as my goal..ok boobs prob won't fit in but the tummy area it should. good plan

didn't eat anything after my sandwiches today. figured that only having that wasnt enough for a daily intake and a road i didn't want go down. had 2 slices toast and mini ripple....which are brill at 90 cals.

so i had four slices thin cut cold meat today...if am now having green day how many syns for the cold meat?

A new challenge sounds great :) i have no clothes that fit and im living in leggings and a couple of stretchy dresses i have. Even my maternity jeans dont pull up without bulges! Seriously let myself go whilst pregnant.

Dont be sad sweetie,we know we can do it and just need to be focussed and help each other along xx

I know the feeling of living in leggings, haha... Going to try for around 2lbs per week x

Nikki, annie I am the same. Im in leggings and summer dresses from years ago. Only difference is is that youve just had a baby nikki!!!!!!

We can do this n catch the others up x

Will be pleased to see the 10's again for now, let alone the 9's! x

nikki can relate to how you feel but just give yourself more time..i remember getting fed up and frustrated and coupled with little sleep it was tough going

tried on a shirt i bought at xmas that at the time i thought fitted me when reality is that i couldn't be bothered taking it back..size 8 and my huge boob don't fit into them..also looks stretched around tummy. OH said i should use it as my goal..ok boobs prob won't fit in but the tummy area it should. good plan

didn't eat anything after my sandwiches today. figured that only having that wasnt enough for a daily intake and a road i didn't want go down. had 2 slices toast and mini ripple....which are brill at 90 cals.

so i had four slices thin cut cold meat today...if am now having green day how many syns for the cold meat?

What meat was it? I have a feeling it's 1.5 per slice, but remember the 20 cals per syn rule :)

I don't have the boob problem, but I do have a hips and bum problem! x

Morning :)

Hey Annie good to see you :) you've got the right attitude take one day at a time, that's what I'm doing too. I've gained some to so there are a few of us trying to get back into the 9's so you not on your own, nice to have you back and congrats on your engagement and new job hope its all going well xx

My day started ok but then got an invite for tea at my friends house as a thank you for hubby stepping in as her lads dad for the football match so couldn't say no... So off plan meal AGAIN oops oh well start again today :)
My oh scored the first goal in the first 5 mins !!! Over the moon he was lol and 'his lad' scored their teams first goal too and the both score a penalty so a great time was had by all :) I kept say you still got it but he's aching all over today a (think he secretly enjoyed ever minute of it ) x

I was going to say 20cal rule but Annie beat me to it. It depends on what mean it is but most aren't too high.

I'm jealous of the boob issue, I used to have massive boobs but lost them now.

Morning :)

Hey Annie good to see you :) you've got the right attitude take one day at a time, that's what I'm doing too. I've gained some to so there are a few of us trying to get back into the 9's so you not on your own, nice to have you back and congrats on your engagement and new job hope its all going well xx

My day started ok but then got an invite for tea at my friends house as a thank you for hubby stepping in as her lads dad for the football match so couldn't say no... So off plan meal AGAIN oops oh well start again today :)
My oh scored the first goal in the first 5 mins !!! Over the moon he was lol and 'his lad' scored their teams first goal too and the both score a penalty so a great time was had by all :) I kept say you still got it but he's aching all over today a (think he secretly enjoyed ever minute of it ) x

Sounds like a brill day :)

I went into hiding for a little last night :(

I'm so disappointed in myself, went to the BBQ and took my own burgers (which were lush, boyfriend made tandoori spicy ones) so had two of them, one in 50/50 bread which I know is a tweak but better then white, I had 6 pringles and thought well I can syn them... I turned down pimm's a million times because I just kept getting offered it, also turned down wine. But then after we'd eaten the main meal (I stuck with my burgers, my pasta, salad, potatoes and chicken and pork-the pork had a marinade on it but again I though ooo can syn that) I also had a little of my mums pasta bake, it was a layer one and the bottom layer was all syn free (the top layer was cheese sauce and cheese) so I got all the bits people had missed from the bottom hoping that the syns from the little bit of cheese sauce that had snuck in were minimal... I did try a tiny bit of the top as well just because the crispy cheese looked lovely. But then after the meal I just couldn't stop with the crisps :( I have no idea what got into me. Oh rubbish and just remembered I did have one of my mums buns as well.

So anyway hoping that damage is minimal as it could have been loads worse if I'd had alcohol and more of the meat which I didn't bring (burgers/sausages ect.) there was also trifle which I turned down but I don't really like trifle.... So mad at myself still, today I'm going to do a green day, only have 1 HEA (Will still have both HEB's) and only 5 syns.

I really wanted to get back into target this week, but might have just scuppered my chances of loosing the 2lbs I need to do that

Back