Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

I couldn't run much at all, because I did the beginners course with the club I was doing 30 minutes each time I went out, starting with running for a minute walking for 2, running for 1, walking for 2, then upping to running for 2 walking for 1 or 2 I can't remember exactly how it went up but the last week we ran for 30 minutes none stop. We didn't measure how far we were running as the course was more about getting us running for 30 minutes none stop as once you can do that you can easily build it up and as people run at different speeds they concentrated on the 30 minutes none stop running rather then how far or how fast ect.

The furthest I've run is a half marathon and to be honest I feel like I could do a half marathon any weekend I wanted with the fitness I've built myself up to now, we run at least 10 miles on a weekend (upping it to 12 this weekend as we have a 14 mile race in a few weeks and after that need to start really upping the miles ready for the marathon.

I couldn't run much at all, because I did the beginners course with the club I was doing 30 minutes each time I went out, starting with running for a minute walking for 2, running for 1, walking for 2, then upping to running for 2 walking for 1 or 2 I can't remember exactly how it went up but the last week we ran for 30 minutes none stop. We didn't measure how far we were running as the course was more about getting us running for 30 minutes none stop as once you can do that you can easily build it up and as people run at different speeds they concentrated on the 30 minutes none stop running rather then how far or how fast ect.

The furthest I've run is a half marathon and to be honest I feel like I could do a half marathon any weekend I wanted with the fitness I've built myself up to now, we run at least 10 miles on a weekend (upping it to 12 this weekend as we have a 14 mile race in a few weeks and after that need to start really upping the miles ready for the marathon.

wow excellent! iam trying focus on the minutes but unsure how long i should be trying for at each given attempt. like yesterday i stopped once i had did over one mile but had managed 5.32min then 4 etc
i suppose i will find my feet .
am i best running, walking etc for a total of 30 min? sounds like plan though i will prob collapse lol

Hello my lovelies,

Sorry I've not been around much this week, had a little skim read. Had two 13 hour days, three 10 hour days, an evening with my Mum, a friend's birthday drinks and only one evening with my OH this week lol

Had 3.5 days off plan as well as time of the month and somehow, miraculously, stayed the same! I thought I could just hop back into it the next day, but I've always had problems with being able to draw a line under it until weigh in. I was sensible on the birthday drinks, mainly because of money. Had a diet coke bought for me, had 2 jagerbombs (they were free lol) and a water near the end of the night. Didn't actually spend a penny until OH wanted some food brought home (£4.40) and the taxi home (£8.60)! Quite annoyed about that to be honest lol Would have walked home, but it was midnight and they switch all the street lights on our estate off at that time.

Sorry to hear about everything that's going on Vicky.. It must be so disheartening. I think going to the docs can only help the situation :)

Well done with your running Deb! I can run for about 6 or 7 mins at a time, walk for a couple of mins and then start running again. Can never imagine running 10k! Can do about 3.5 in 30 mins at the moment x

Hold on. If my scales say 11st 2.4, does that mean it would be 11st 2.25 on SW scales? If so, I've lost 0.25lbs?

Haha yeh I still feel young too :p it has its advantages I still get IDed all the time though :-(

Deb thanks for asking the baby was doing really well but now he has some thing that can kill a lot of premature babies so its just waiting to see he is back on the ventilator for a few days.

Vic defo get started with getting help as soon as possible as others say it can be a really long process so might as well start as soon as you can :) it is always so sad that all the arseholes that don't deserve kids seem to be able to have so many and the ones that will be great parents struggle :-(

Sounds like a very restrained night out Annie well done!

Wow Donna you have came so far in your running in a short time :) deb have you tried c25k (couch to 5k) ? Its fab as it builds up the running really gradually until you can run for half hour think it takes 8 weeks 3 runs a week. It took me a while longer as I missed some sessions due to illness or overtime at work. Its amazing I went from struggling to run for 1 minute at a time to being able to jog for half an hour. When I broke my ankle I promised myself I would learn to run and I am glad I managed it :) xx

Im going to off load a little hope u dont mind.

Im really down at the mo with the pregnancy thing. Me n oh thought we had cracked it cos I feel like I should be but we arent. We started taking conception vitimins 2 months ago so think it might be them thats tipoubg my hormones. Anyways 2 people at work have announced they r pregnant and it makes me want to punch them lol. I litrally cant talk to them cos I want to cry. Neither of them r even trying.

Also ive just looked online and we may not get free ivf if it comes to it cos oh has a son already. I know it might not come to that, we havent even started the tests yet but someone said sumnat today about if u have a child you don't qualify so thought I would look.

And I know that we need to get to the docs and get checked out but im scared of what they will say!

Don't worry about going to docs, me and OH we're in same position a few years ago and weren't n got checked. They were really good and very thorough. It turned out that we couldn't conceive which was very upsetting at the time but it meant we knew that Ivf would be our only option. We qualified for free treatment but in end we didn't go any further with it.

Best thing to do is get checked, it might be nothing wrong n u just need bit of help & not full Ivf anyway

I know what u mean about babies n pregnancy cos it seemed everyone was falling on when me and oh was trying.

Hope your ok Vicky :-( sending big ttc hugs to you! I agree that you should go to the docs and hopefully they can help. Also.... try and chill out about it, i know that we were only trying 3 months but that 3rd month i cut out everything unhealthy including alcohol and processed food and i took a back seat as i was doing a preg test a day at some points! Keeping my fingers crossed for you hunni.

Ive taken the plunge today and signed up to sw online :-D im getting fathers day weekend out the way and then ill have 5 100% days until wi on saturday.

wow excellent! iam trying focus on the minutes but unsure how long i should be trying for at each given attempt. like yesterday i stopped once i had did over one mile but had managed 5.32min then 4 etc
i suppose i will find my feet .
am i best running, walking etc for a total of 30 min? sounds like plan though i will prob collapse lol

You could give it a go, but just do whatever feels best for you. If your happy running for as long as you can and then walking a little and it works for you then go for it :)

Hello my lovelies,

Sorry I've not been around much this week, had a little skim read. Had two 13 hour days, three 10 hour days, an evening with my Mum, a friend's birthday drinks and only one evening with my OH this week lol

Had 3.5 days off plan as well as time of the month and somehow, miraculously, stayed the same! I thought I could just hop back into it the next day, but I've always had problems with being able to draw a line under it until weigh in. I was sensible on the birthday drinks, mainly because of money. Had a diet coke bought for me, had 2 jagerbombs (they were free lol) and a water near the end of the night. Didn't actually spend a penny until OH wanted some food brought home (£4.40) and the taxi home (£8.60)! Quite annoyed about that to be honest lol Would have walked home, but it was midnight and they switch all the street lights on our estate off at that time.

Sorry to hear about everything that's going on Vicky.. It must be so disheartening. I think going to the docs can only help the situation :)

Well done with your running Deb! I can run for about 6 or 7 mins at a time, walk for a couple of mins and then start running again. Can never imagine running 10k! Can do about 3.5 in 30 mins at the moment x

Well done on the STS or small loss whichever it was :)
I know what you mean about taxi's, we got one with friends a few weeks ago, well months ago actually, was £10 into town which when sharing between 4 isn't bad... but £15 back just because we were coming back later! Rip off.

Haha yeh I still feel young too :p it has its advantages I still get IDed all the time though :-(

Deb thanks for asking the baby was doing really well but now he has some thing that can kill a lot of premature babies so its just waiting to see he is back on the ventilator for a few days.

Vic defo get started with getting help as soon as possible as others say it can be a really long process so might as well start as soon as you can :) it is always so sad that all the arseholes that don't deserve kids seem to be able to have so many and the ones that will be great parents struggle :-(

Sounds like a very restrained night out Annie well done!

Wow Donna you have came so far in your running in a short time :) deb have you tried c25k (couch to 5k) ? Its fab as it builds up the running really gradually until you can run for half hour think it takes 8 weeks 3 runs a week. It took me a while longer as I missed some sessions due to illness or overtime at work. Its amazing I went from struggling to run for 1 minute at a time to being able to jog for half an hour. When I broke my ankle I promised myself I would learn to run and I am glad I managed it :) xx

Sorry to hear about the baby, although at least they spotted it and can help him get better. Sending all my thoughts and prayers his way.

Hummm the scales r saying 10 9 :-S hopefully it's cos I've eaten but not counting it is I wasn't going to weigh in x

My mums scales are saying I've either maintained or gained, can't remember what I was on them last time but they weigh a lot heavier then sw ones... :( I'm gutted.

Hope your ok Vicky :-( sending big ttc hugs to you! I agree that you should go to the docs and hopefully they can help. Also.... try and chill out about it, i know that we were only trying 3 months but that 3rd month i cut out everything unhealthy including alcohol and processed food and i took a back seat as i was doing a preg test a day at some points! Keeping my fingers crossed for you hunni.

Ive taken the plunge today and signed up to sw online :-D im getting fathers day weekend out the way and then ill have 5 100% days until wi on saturday.

well done for joining and good luck Nikki

Ladies I don't know what to do, if I don't have a decent loss this week at sw I'm tempted to take a break from getting weighed for quite a while. I will have had two 100% weeks (well apart from some crisps last week) and can't believe the weight isn't shifting, the only thing I can think is the increase in exercise, but that's only going to keep increasing... :( I don't know if I can keep this up throughout my marathon training and I don't know if we can afford to be paying £5 a week again for me to be sticking to plan but not loosing.

Donna, why dont you take a couple of holiday weeks if you dont lose? When i got to a certain weight of aroubd 9st 5lb i just got stuck and couldnt shift anymorw so i mixed things up. I even had a Success express couple of days and managed to get down to 9st 2lb which was amazing!

Your exercise should only be helping you not doing any damage to your weight loss sweetie. Keep at it, you have done amazing so far and remember that you have been a lower weight so it is possible to get there x

Hummm the scales r saying 10 9 :-S hopefully it's cos I've eaten but not counting it is I wasn't going to weigh in x

It doesn't sound accurate if you've eaten. Are they different scales to normal too?x

You could give it a go, but just do whatever feels best for you. If your happy running for as long as you can and then walking a little and it works for you then go for it :)

Well done on the STS or small loss whichever it was :)
I know what you mean about taxi's, we got one with friends a few weeks ago, well months ago actually, was £10 into town which when sharing between 4 isn't bad... but £15 back just because we were coming back later! Rip off.

Sorry to hear about the baby, although at least they spotted it and can help him get better. Sending all my thoughts and prayers his way.

My mums scales are saying I've either maintained or gained, can't remember what I was on them last time but they weigh a lot heavier then sw ones... :( I'm gutted.

well done for joining and good luck Nikki

Ladies I don't know what to do, if I don't have a decent loss this week at sw I'm tempted to take a break from getting weighed for quite a while. I will have had two 100% weeks (well apart from some crisps last week) and can't believe the weight isn't shifting, the only thing I can think is the increase in exercise, but that's only going to keep increasing... :( I don't know if I can keep this up throughout my marathon training and I don't know if we can afford to be paying £5 a week again for me to be sticking to plan but not loosing.

Donna, I found it really hard to do sw when I was marathon training as you need gels and things but do what's best for you. You know the principles now so u don't see why a break from group would do you any harm

^^That's one of the really annoying things at the moment, as the most I'm running is 12 miles on my training runs at the moment (although will be upped soon) I have been synning the gels as only using one so they work out at 4 syns each! But even when I'm synning those I'm not loosing, its so frustrating. Really hope my mums scales are completely wrong and I have lost at least 2lbs

^^That's one of the really annoying things at the moment, as the most I'm running is 12 miles on my training runs at the moment (although will be upped soon) I have been synning the gels as only using one so they work out at 4 syns each! But even when I'm synning those I'm not loosing, its so frustrating. Really hope my mums scales are completely wrong and I have lost at least 2lbs

donna its perhaps the change from injection to pill? i havent been on my pill for two months now (or thereabouts) and for ages felt bloated and horrible. it may be coincidence that i lost couple lb this week but feel better. maybe just takes a while to adjust...both going on it and coming off it?
would def do what you think is best. you feel great now so don't worry x

p.s managed 7.16 minutes continuous running. i started on Tuesday at 2 minutes...yay progress x

Didn't think of that Deb, it could be. I'd pit last weeks gain down to star week but didn't think about my body still adjusting to the pill. I'm only on my second month of it, so maybe need to just give it another few weeks or so to see if things settle down :) thanks

Well done on the run, thats fab

4 weeks post Millie..... 11st 13lb.

Really frustrated... bought some leggings from Mr A. They are a pack of 2 which were £10. Both pairs size 10... one pair fits and the other doesnt! How does that work?!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130616_122458.png
    ForumRunner_20130616_122458.png
    543.7 KB · Views: 72
Nikki u look gorgeous.

I dont know how that works I do that at primark its cos theyre made in a 3rd world country by children who don't understand sizes lol x

4 weeks post Millie..... 11st 13lb.

Really frustrated... bought some leggings from Mr A. They are a pack of 2 which were £10. Both pairs size 10... one pair fits and the other doesnt! How does that work?!

I hate when that happens, makes no sense what so ever. Looking good though, when we have another if I look like that 4 weeks after the birth I'll be over the moon :)

Def think its the pill messing with my weight. I'm very spotty at the moment as well and my boobs feel amazing (a little bigger and firmer) can't wait for it to settle down so I can get back to normal (although wouldn't complain if I got to keep the boobs lol)

I hate when that happens, makes no sense what so ever. Looking good though, when we have another if I look like that 4 weeks after the birth I'll be over the moon :)

Def think its the pill messing with my weight. I'm very spotty at the moment as well and my boobs feel amazing (a little bigger and firmer) can't wait for it to settle down so I can get back to normal (although wouldn't complain if I got to keep the boobs lol)

Haha donna when I was on the pill my boobs were so sensitive. If anyone even looked at them them started tingling lol.

Just had an amazing sunday dinner and homemade apple crumble for afterwards.

Getting back on the diet 100% tomorrow. Im back up to 10 8 3/4 :-(

Oooo I love apple crumble, we had cherry crumble at work a few weeks ago and that was stunning. Did you have it with custard?

Good luck tomorrow, you know you can do it :)

Boyfriend said today how he can see a difference in me from starting my crunches, which is always nice to hear... he also said my boobs look bigger lol.

I'm not worried about my weight again as such, just need to get down into my target range again ASAP, can't afford to be paying £5 each week.

Back