Step 1 Sole Source Anyone just started SS?

Hi my names Meela, I started CD last week Tuesday, it has been a week. My first weigh in was Monday and I had lost only 2kg without any cheating. I am a PCOS sufferer and I take metformin, my period started on Saturday but it is not constant it stops for a day and comes back. I am disappointed with my weight loss results. Anyone that can advice me. It's my first time doing CD and it's my first time on minimins. Thanks :)

Hi there. I have PCOS too and have found it difficult to lose weight on other plans. But cambridge is working for me so far. So stick with it. I tend to gain a lot of weight at time of the month that goes by about day 2 or 4 of my period. Hopefully that's what's happening to you. Maybe worth checking with your consultant about metformin. I thought that helped PCOS lose weight but not sure how it would work on cambridge. Have the scales moved for you now a few days later??

Hi Emily-May

Not found it too bad so far. Starting to missing a cup of coffee now though. I'm starting my 5th week this week. Can't quite believe that I've stuck to it this long. But I'm determined to shift this weight! How are you finding it. Congrats on loosing 15lbs. That's loads in a week and a half!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

How's everyone doing??? We've all gotten quiet!

I was offline for a few weeks - picked up a bad infection had to take a week off... took a few days to get back into the swing of things. But this week, was firmly in the zone and touched 13st 13lb this morning - whoooop! Another 3lbs and I'll have 2 stone off, not bad going for 7 weeks IMO!

Hi ya,

I've been doing this for 7 weeks too and have lost 2 stone. I'm 13st 11lbs now. I have broken once and had a chinese! But I didn't pig out too much. Ate a much smaller portion than I would have before (that's how I justify it anyway!).

You're doing really well x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hi I started ss+ on Wednesday weighed in at 12 stone 8 on Tuesday. Today is my day 5 I still seem to feel hungry at times and have a horrible metallic taste in my mouth. Tuesday is weigh in, really hope it's been worth all the pain lol

I'm on Day 2 of SS and was just wondering if anyone else has recently started. Would be nice to share the journey and weekly weigh in results for that extra bit of support.
Started on ss today was successful until this evening. Will start all over tomorrow. I really feel terrible about this.

Hi Kat, I started 3 weeks b4 Xmas, I lost 10 wk 1, 6 week 2 and 2 week 3. I didn't get weighed this week due to Xmas and I've kind of gone off rails. I had planned Xmas day off and it kind of spiracles from there. However I started again on Saturday and get weighed this Saturday. I'm toying with idea of asking the consultant not to tell me and just go whole of January and see what happens as I know if I've put on this week I will be really demotivated. I plan to eat New Year's Day dinner with the family u see.
I would like to loose 2 stone.
I would be happy to keep in touch and keep each other going ?
Good luck
Lesley x
Great achievement. I will I could do same.

Started on ss today was successful until this evening. Will start all over tomorrow. I really feel terrible about this.

Hey Ebi, I know it's hard to stop the evening snacking/going off rails. However, just a word of advice, if you say you will start over tomorrow, it could I've you an excuse to keep eating and tomorrows will turn into a month and on and on (been on that ride for awhile now). You had a wobble, it's OK drink water and keep going tomorrow is day 2 of successful CWP...
HTH! I'm going to bed because I feel i could raid my kitchen right now with all the xmas stuff still left over!
We can do this!

Hey Ebi, I know it's hard to stop the evening snacking/going off rails. However, just a word of advice, if you say you will start over tomorrow, it could I've you an excuse to keep eating and tomorrows will turn into a month and on and on (been on that ride for awhile now). You had a wobble, it's OK drink water and keep going tomorrow is day 2 of successful CWP...
HTH! I'm going to bed because I feel i could raid my kitchen right now with all the xmas stuff still left over!
We can do this!
Thanks for your words of encouragement. Will continue my day 2 tomorrow.

Day 3 here, and full on mind hunger is raging! My mind is trying to trick me into eating something, but NO way... Not derailing at this point - this diet is about mind over matter more than anything else, except when your mind tries to take your body hostage it's a double fight. Anyone who tries to say VLCDs are an easy way out, I DARE them to try! We have to be very courageous to do this!
Onwards we go :winner:

Hello everyone :)

I'm a newbie to CWP, currently on day 2 and it's been up and down so far! Hungerwise hasn't been too bad but I get such nausea after my first shake of the day (I tend to have it at about 10am as I can't eat/drink first thing when I wake up). Has anyone else experienced this?

Alice xx

Hi everyone. Day 8 for me...kept myself busy and si far managed to 100% but am on step 2 and think that helps me....so far anyway lol.
Weigh in tomorrow .....

I'm on Day 2 of SS and was just wondering if anyone else has recently started. Would be nice to share the journey and weekly weigh in results for that extra bit of support.

Hi, started last week (Wednesday), weighed in three days. Like many I have 6 stone to loose. Have done vlcd before so know a few tricks to survive. Finding it great at the moment. Just got a burst of energy. Good luck to everyone.

Congratulations, you should be proud!
I can't seem to get out of my nibbling funk! Not that I'm doing it, just that I keep thinking about it and it's the worst in the evenings :confused:

Morning everyone....the day has arrived...first weigh in!

I've found my first week quite...dare I say...easy but I am not sure if part of that is the 'diet novelty factor' which I always experience for the first couple of weeks haha!

What's everyone's favourite products? I LOVE the spag bol! Definitely do not like the cappuccino shakes...bleugh...I think it was them that was causing me the nausea!

I've got my meeting with my consultant at 5pm so I'll update with the results :)

How is everyone getting on?

Alice xx

Back