Anyone love parrots??

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by Haylee202, 8 September 2008 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. Haylee202

Haylee202 Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, i have a 2 year old african grey who i adore. Does anyone else keep parrots and know which type of branches i could use in his cage?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd
    My mam had an african grey years ago and was told to use fruit tree branches. Handy if someone you know has an apple tree in the garden make sure no pesticieds have been used on it though.

4. Haylee202

Haylee202 Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I wasnt sure if fruit branches could be used? i will do some internet digging and try to find out!!

5. kdma

kdma Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(11.71%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    We have a Amazon parrot and have always used fruit tree branches in his cage, but sure if it varies with parrot types. Our Parrot is around 60 years old now and has been passed down the family. He is very noisy at times, but I love him to bits even if he isn't too keen on me.

I think African greys are lovely.

6. helsbels

helsbels Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge on and off
    hiya, my mam has an african grey and she's a right madam (they thought she was a he until a blood test confirmed otherwise). i'm not sure what branches they put in her cage but i know my dad puts pine cones in there and my mam also puts a toilet roll tube through the bars to keep her occupied. she also likes to play with corks aswell off wine bottles and she'll skin a chop bone for you. you can't eat your tea on your lap without her shouting and swining for attention till she gets something off your plate. mam has to save her a chip or a bit of chicken. she eats anything. ohh and she knows when i'm in the freezer, i have to save her the end of my cornetto, you know the bit with the chocolate in. they are funny things, just wish ours was a bit more tame.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.