anyone not lost weight?

sugarlove

Has anyone not lost weight on their first week? I joined last week, and although I have stuck to the food plan 100%, I had 2 nights out when I drunk far too much.

I now feel really bloated and sneaked a look at the scales, and it looks like I've put weight on!

I'm due to go to wi tomorrow, and will be so disappointed if I've put weight on.:cry:

Sugarlove

Whilst I should listen to my own advice - sneek peaks on the scales lie! You really should weigh only once a week on your 'official' weigh in day as our bodies fluctuate! Get back on plan today and even if you have put on, draw a line under it and keep going on your SW journey xxx

The VAST majority of people agree with the above sentiments that you shouldn't weigh midweek, but I weigh EVERY DAY and can't ever see me stopping doing that. So long as it is of benefit to you, not detriment, it doesn't really matter what you do imo.

As for you original question, no I don't know of anyone who fails to lose weight on their first week after being on plan 100%.

And I'm afraid I still don't.

You haven't had a week on plan yet, as your drinks will have taken you miles off it lol.

SW WORKS, most definitely, but you HAVE to stick to it.

It is of course ok to have off nights, off weekends even if that's what you choose. But you can't expect to lose weight still.

I agree that you need to draw a line under it, get back on plan again 100% (drinks/food - everything that passes your lips!). Your WI will be whatever it is, and just move on from there.

Best of luck, and remember "Before you bite it, write it" :)

I followed the plan 100% in my first week (food diary checked by consultant) and gained 0.5 lb! However, I then went on to lose 1.5 stone over 5 months or so, so it wasn't the end of the world.

Keep at it, and try ans count your syns even if you do go over - people here can help with syn values for alcohol if you need them!

Hey sugarlove;

The others speak the truth - having a mad alcohol binge is going to throw you right off your game. Your consultant will probably go through this with you at some point this year, but you would not believe the amount of syns that are in alcohol. Add to this that your diminished capacity to really remember how much you've had once you get started, plus the studies that have shown that alcohol actually inhibits your body's capability to burn fat calories... you're better off avoiding it altogether if you can!

Don't get dispirited (no pun intended) - crack on with the food part, get into good habits now, and you will have a bonanza weight loss next week.

R

If you've done the plan the rest of the time, but put on half a pound due to the excesses of the party period, you might be a little dissapointed, but will understand why you had a gain and learn from it, so it won't be the end of the world will it!

If you had not joined last week it probably wouldn't just be that 'half a pound', but more from food excesses as well.

However, lots of people get that bloated feeling in the first week or two. It's a new way of eating for your body to adjust to after all.
It won't necessarily mean that you've gained. Make sure you're drinking lots of water, and maybe try the Activia yogurts if you're feeling bloated (but make sure you get the 'light' ones, as the pots for both kinds look very similar and the normal ones are 3 syns a pot!!)

Keep at it. xx

I gained 1 lb in my first week. I stuck to the plan 100%. I wrote EVERYTHING down (even what I had to drink - tea, coffee, water). I weighed and measured EVERYTHING. The only thing I can put it down to, was that I'd only had 7 SYNS in the whole WEEK !!!!! Even with 4 months of SW experience (and I know that is practically NOTHING compared with some of you!!) that is the only thing that I did 'wrong'.

However, don't worry. I lost 5 lb the next week. Don't worry what your consultant or group will think. Your consultant has probably seen it all, and YOUR results (whatever they are) will add to the whole groups experience.

By the way, I had a 'sneaky peek' at the scales in my first week. They said that I'd LOST about 6 lb !!!!! THE SCALES LIE!!!!!!!

I gained 1 lb in my first week. I stuck to the plan 100%. I wrote EVERYTHING down (even what I had to drink - tea, coffee, water). I weighed and measured EVERYTHING. The only thing I can put it down to, was that I'd only had 7 SYNS in the whole WEEK !!!!! Even with 4 months of SW experience (and I know that is practically NOTHING compared with some of you!!) that is the only thing that I did 'wrong'.

However, don't worry. I lost 5 lb the next week. Don't worry what your consultant or group will think. Your consultant has probably seen it all, and YOUR results (whatever they are) will add to the whole groups experience.

By the way, I had a 'sneaky peek' at the scales in my first week. They said that I'd LOST about 6 lb !!!!! THE SCALES LIE!!!!!!!

Hi Lonestitcher, sorry to be a bore but unless I'm reading your post wrong you didn't stick to plan 100%.

If you only had 7 syns all week you were off plan.

The plan dictates 5-15 syns per day, so a week on plan would be minimum 35syns.

UNDEReating seems to be a big stumbling block for people on SW at first, be it not enough syns, or not enough free foods or whatever.

Not one of my problems though, I'm a gannett lol

Back