Anyone not stopping for xmas?

DollyBoo

As mad as it seems is anyone not having a xmas break? A close friend of mine and the reason I looked at trying a VLCD is on Cambridge and has lost over 4 stone. She still has another 3 to lose before she will even think about having a day off. She is in the zone and is determined to not come off plan on xmas day but still enjoy herself. I do believe her she has given up her 30th birthday last month too but it doesn't seem to effect her, she still enjoyed herself. Anyone else doing the same just out of interest?

I'm taking Xmas and new year off for my family more than me as my o/h says I'm a nightmare to be around if they are all eating and I'm not and they all end up feeling guilty so I don't want to spoil Xmas for everyone (well that's my excuse anyway ;)).

I weight in every Saturday morning so I'm stopping on Saturday 21st Dec then restarting 2wks later on Saturday 4th January, we eat out for boxing day and New Years Day so it would be a nightmare going out to eat with my whole family and trying to stay on plan.

And it's also my 3yr old's first real Xmas now he knows who Santa is so I want us to all have a great time as a family :).

I know some people say its only one day but we lost 2 members of our family this year both taken away too young (age 26 and 51) so if nothing else it has learnt us to make the most of family time as you just don't know what's around the corner x

Last edited:
I am having Christmas day off then getting straight back on it on Boxing Day....I hope lol x

Good on you jewel that's great, my plan was just to take Xmas day and boxing day off plan but knowing I've got a big family dinner on the 1st January it seems silly to spend 5 days getting back into ketosis just to break it again but I might change my mind before then x

Hmmm yeah I would probably just eat as well as I could between those days then start back after 1st if it was me x

It's so hard to decide what to do because it's still a while away, I think it will depend on my losses up until then, if I'm happy with my progress then I'll probably be more relaxed but if my losses arn't that great then I might be a bit more strict and stick to packs in between Xmas and new year, even if im not in ketosis i can try and limit the damage x

I'm having Xmas off more for then my other half then me then straight back on it x

Mille
Start weight 16st 3lbs
Goal weight 10st

1st weigh in 3.11.13. - 9lbs
2nd weigh in 10.11.13 -1lbs

When I did lighter life a few years ago (lost 5st) it was over Christmas and I had christmas main meal without potatoes and no pudding then back to normal every other day. There was no weigh in over the Xmas period for 2 weeks and I lost 9lbs! I can vividly remember as this was my highest loss in the 6 months I did it and I had "cheated" ha ha. I think my body need the boost of higher calories. Hope everyone has a great christmas, just do what's best for yourself not others. Slim and save will still be here in January :)

Start 10st 11.4lbs
Goal weight 9st 3lbs
Ultimate goal weight 8st 10lbs

Back