Anyone on cd 1200

Newtocd

Hi all you lovely people

I have to start cd on 1200 as I've had surgery a few weeks back. It's not what I wanted but thought I better try anyways. I have been reading through the forum but have not found anyone on 1200.... If there is anyone who has been on it please inspire me and tell me your story!! Mind you it's only for 2 weeks and then I can move down a step. I need to loose 4 stones so had my heart set on the ss plan.

Hello! If you're still around there are some of us on the 1000-maintenance forum!

Hiya i'm on the 1200plan and will be for all the time i'm doing CD due to medication i'm on. I'm 6weeks in well almost 7 now and lost 18lbs (hoping to hit 21 on thurs). Not really had any problems, ive been following a low carb plan to help the weight loss and its been ok so far, not really been tempted by anything and the odd day ive had off has been a planned event so no guilt associated with it. If you wanna chat well i'll be here for the duration, got a LOT to lose haha xx

Happyinmyskin said:
Good luck with your journey and I'm sure someone on her will be x

Thanks I will check out that forum

Hi.

Thanks for that. Knowing that you have lost weight still is a real inspiration, I cannot wait to start and the only thing that keeps me busy is eating. WTH I know so
Knowing me my starting weight will be even higher. Do you find that you still eat 3 meals plus the shakes. I think in the long run this will be best for me too...out of interest how many pounds did u lose on your first week. Only share if u want to.

I lost 6lbs in first week but weirdly lost 7lbs in my 6th week, hadnt done anything differently!! I tend to just have a shake for breakfast and then have a lunch and some tea as im not as hungry in the mornings. Today for example I had mint choc shake then at lunch a chiken salad then choc tetra about 2ish then tuna steak with veg at tea time and i'll have my mint bar in bout half an hour so im not really having any extra carbs other than what's in the shakes although i read on the packet of pre cooked chicken it was coated in glucose?! and so had 0.4g of carbs per 100g, not a lot but as its meant to just be protein. If you do go down low carbing with it you need to really be careful of what has carbs in, i was really surprised that carrots are full of carbs and most fruits are obv as theyre natural sugars. Scrambled eggs made with skimmed milk is a good way of filling you up, that's beautiful with an oven grilled chicken with some mayo and bacon. Tomorrow i'm doing chicken stuffed with cheese and bacon, already salivating over the prospect haha.

When is it you start the diet? Remember first few days are the worst but it's definitely worth it. Last week at work there's been well i can only describe it as an explosion of chocolate on the shared desk and ive not even been remotely interested!!

Hi ninajw
Thanks for that it gives me an idea how to
Plan my day the only thing is I am a vegetarian and also do not eat eggs. However will look into tofu and veggie sausage.
You have done extremely well on your 1200ay take longer but not doubt it will stay off. Well done in resisting the Choclate. I am a stay at mum so the fridge is open for me 24-7. I start the diet on 8 may and of instead of preparing myself I seem to be sabotaging myself and eating nothing that i can find. How cruel can I be to myself??

Hi newtocd, I'm veggie too and don't like eggs!! Have you got the meals in minutes book, they have some veggie alternatives in there xxx

waffles said:
Hi newtocd, I'm veggie too and don't like eggs!! Have you got the meals in minutes book, they have some veggie alternatives in there xxx

Hi waffles, glad to know there are other veggies out there. No I do not have that book is it a CD one or standard recipe book? How are you finding CD?

Yes it's good, someone who's not going to be talking about chicken all the time :p yes it's a cd book. £8 I think it was. Which step are you doing? I'll post you a few recipes.

I've been finding it good, have lost 10lb in 8 weeks which included a naughty holiday! I've been doing step 3 so far and moving to step 4 - 1200 on Monday. I can't wait to start having lunch again!! There's a 'cheats pizza' you can have which I have been waiting for!

Lol it's true being veggie on a diet is hard. I have to start on 1200 as I had some surgery couple weeks back. Bit gutted but well it's only for 2 weeks and then I can step down. Well done on your loss, have u reached your goal now or coming nearer to it? I am so eager to start I thunk I may have jinxed myself and will lose nothing at all, what a complete waste of money that will be. This is the first time in my life that I have kept away from friends n family. The more I try the more I fail at losing weight.
How's your journey been!.. And pizza is a good reward

1200 is a good place to start. I don't want to make any assumptions about your current diet but it'll get you used to measuring your portions and making sure you're eating the right amount of the right stuff. It's definitely made me a lot more aware of how much I should eat of certain things. Are you going to stick to 1000 for a while after the two weeks or are you working your way down?

I'm getting close to my goal now, although I may re-evaluate my goal as I get closer to it. I think that you don't really know what your goal is until you get close to it. My goal is around 8st 10 and I'm now 9st3. If I still feel a bit lumpy at 8st10 I'll perhaps go to 8st7.

As long as you stick to what you're allowed, you will definitely lose weight! Also I find that you can still go out a lot on the higher steps.

What are your goals/how long do you want to take to get there....?

Thanks Waffles for that very insightful post, i think i may have to ask CDC about the meals in minutes book. I'm sure i can adapt the carb bit to low carb but i do struggle with different meals and the worst part of any healthy eating is getting into a monotonous regime of the same things day in day out.

Newtocd i think its a common theme of self sabotage before a diet, almost as if you need to get it all in now because you wont be able to have it for however long. I did the same, i'm certainly not advocating it but i can understand why you're doing it and thats ok as long as when you do get on this plan that you start to look at the psychological attachment to food. For example for me it took about 3wks for the physical cravings of certain foods to go, mainly the chocolate and pizzas/chinese etc but ive not had any physical cravings for a while now but still find i have emotional cravings especially if ive had a particularly stressful day or im worried about something but ive tried to control that by identifiying a "treat" meal, not necessarily every week but if i know im going to have a busy and stressful week i'll for example say right on friday i'm having a nice none CD meal but then get right back into it on Sat and only have the one meal as a treat, dont turn it into a treat day because i think that's just asking for trouble. Obviously everyone is different and some people may be horrified by that suggestion but it is all about moderation and realistically when i am at goal i will endeavour to eat well most days but still feel able to have a "treat" every now and again and as people always say the real work starts once the weight has been lost!!!!

Best of luck for your start in May, it really does work xx

waffles said:
1200 is a good place to start. I don't want to make any assumptions about your current diet but it'll get you used to measuring your portions and making sure you're eating the right amount of the right stuff. It's definitely made me a lot more aware of how much I should eat of certain things. Are you going to stick to 1000 for a while after the two weeks or are you working your way down?

I'm getting close to my goal now, although I may re-evaluate my goal as I get closer to it. I think that you don't really know what your goal is until you get close to it. My goal is around 8st 10 and I'm now 9st3. If I still feel a bit lumpy at 8st10 I'll perhaps go to 8st7.

As long as you stick to what you're allowed, you will definitely lose weight! Also I find that you can still go out a lot on the higher steps.

What are your goals/how long do you want to take to get there....?

Hey assume away. I have never weighed any food nor have I ever have had portion control. However I have bought a set of kitchen
Scales which I will use and be aware of what I'm eating. My plan is to go down to SS+ as I really want to get to 11stone by end of July. I currently weigh 14 10 at a height of 5 3. Ill, start exercising at the beginning of July too so I can tone up and shape as I go along. My issue is my thighs. Anyways that's what I have in my head what happens in reality....well just have to wait ad see. What weight did u start at? Wow 9st must be an amazing feeling. Send the recipes when u have a chance. X

ninajw83 said:
Thanks Waffles for that very insightful post, i think i may have to ask CDC about the meals in minutes book. I'm sure i can adapt the carb bit to low carb but i do struggle with different meals and the worst part of any healthy eating is getting into a monotonous regime of the same things day in day out.

Newtocd i think its a common theme of self sabotage before a diet, almost as if you need to get it all in now because you wont be able to have it for however long. I did the same, i'm certainly not advocating it but i can understand why you're doing it and thats ok as long as when you do get on this plan that you start to look at the psychological attachment to food. For example for me it took about 3wks for the physical cravings of certain foods to go, mainly the chocolate and pizzas/chinese etc but ive not had any physical cravings for a while now but still find i have emotional cravings especially if ive had a particularly stressful day or im worried about something but ive tried to control that by identifiying a "treat" meal, not necessarily every week but if i know im going to have a busy and stressful week i'll for example say right on friday i'm having a nice none CD meal but then get right back into it on Sat and only have the one meal as a treat, dont turn it into a treat day because i think that's just asking for trouble. Obviously everyone is different and some people may be horrified by that suggestion but it is all about moderation and realistically when i am at goal i will endeavour to eat well most days but still feel able to have a "treat" every now and again and as people always say the real work starts once the weight has been lost!!!!

Best of luck for your start in May, it really does work xx

Hey thanks looking forward to it. I did start the day with some determination but it didn't last long. I've only had 1.5 litres of water and day has been full of carbs. Going to try harder tomorrow. You're right a little reward helps and it gives u something to look forward to. I'm lucky having forced to start on 1200 that I get to eat but on the flip side I'm unsure how successful I'll be as my portion sizes are huge and the type,of food is well all carbs and junk. I really hope that my CDC is good.

My mum is on the 1000 cal and has lost almost 6 stone in 4 months. So I should imagine 1200 can also produce big losses x

Hey assume away. I have never weighed any food nor have I ever have had portion control. However I have bought a set of kitchen
Scales which I will use and be aware of what I'm eating. My plan is to go down to SS+ as I really want to get to 11stone by end of July. I currently weigh 14 10 at a height of 5 3. Ill, start exercising at the beginning of July too so I can tone up and shape as I go along. My issue is my thighs. Anyways that's what I have in my head what happens in reality....well just have to wait ad see. What weight did u start at? Wow 9st must be an amazing feeling. Send the recipes when u have a chance. X

I got some new scales yesterday, which ones did you get? I have the flat salter ones. My issues have been my tummy and thighs. It's strange because my arms have always been super skinny, it's deceptive! I started CD at 10st which was after doing a year of SW on and off and I lost 1st doing that. I'll pop some recipes in the 1000kcal-maintenence section x

Back