Anyone on here been in the SW mag?

big bear

A bear on a mission!
Just wondering if any of you that are at target have been in the magazine?

No I haven't but then I don't have any of those 'before' photos because I 've always been so camera shy. I think there is a big black hole of photos of me from about age 10 onwards!

Last edited:
I've taken before pics this time. I hate photos too.

I am seriously considering applying when I get to target- the only thing that puts me off is the fact that everyone will be able to see my 'before' weight. I know everyone saw me at that size, but there are just some people who I would be uncomfortable knowing the actual figure (certain in-laws and family members)

But then you do get a free makeover, so maybe I can get over my reservations...................lol

Have you noticed how the big majority of the people featured in the magazine are consultants? :rolleyes:

Something else I've noticed as well, is that some people (like me for example) need to lose LOADS of weight and when they appear in the mag, there's no mention of saggy skin or tummy tucks....I want to know those sorts of details, will I need one, will I have saggy skin, etc etc

I normally ADORE the SW mag but got this month's yesterday and was very disappointed really.....it really failed to inspire me. Probably cos I'd just got back from weigh-in after putting on a half a pound unexpectedly and I just feel/felt so fed up with it all.......
Normally I love the before and after stories but none of them did it for me this time

Is the magazine in the shops yet?

Something else I've noticed as well, is that some people (like me for example) need to lose LOADS of weight and when they appear in the mag, there's no mention of saggy skin or tummy tucks....I want to know those sorts of details, will I need one, will I have saggy skin, etc etc

A lot of people wouldn't want that published in a mag though, I know I certainly won't be giving details of my saggy skin in a mag!!! Plus someones elses experience in this would have no relevance to you, everyones totally different, theres no way to predict it. Besides I think its only right these features are positive or they wouldn't be very motivational, which would defeat the purpose of it surely!!

Well ok then, maybe they need to do a feature on it otherwise there are going to be some people who get to goal and are disappointed

It would be good if they included some of the struggles people had to get to target. They make it seem so plain sailing. How did they feel when they STS? What kept them motivated? How come they are a size 10 and weigh more than i do now ???

I'll do it when I get to target, and I'll tell you all about my saggy belly lol I know I'll have one, because I did before. Gimmee 3 years to get there at the rate I'm going >.<

It would be good if they included some of the struggles people had to get to target. They make it seem so plain sailing. How did they feel when they STS? What kept them motivated? How come they are a size 10 and weigh more than i do now ???[/QUOTE]

It baffles me about the weight - size thing, one was about 11st, 5ft 6 and in a size 10, when I was 11st I was in a size 16/18, and I'm 5ft 7, I also wonder about the sizes at their top weight, I'm 13st 11lb and in a 20, but I read one woman who was in 24's and weighed over 19st??? Where do they shop? I'm sure if I shopped at the same place I'd be wearing 14's (I can only dream lol):confused:

Last edited:
Yeah im 15 and a half and Im a size 18, weird huh.
Im hoping my skin wont sag too much rofl. I have a collagen difficiency aswell so my skin doesnt even go back! *cries*

It would be good if they included some of the struggles people had to get to target. They make it seem so plain sailing. How did they feel when they STS? What kept them motivated? How come they are a size 10 and weigh more than i do now ???

Exactly. This is what I needed to see this week and it was all "January - I lost another eight pounds. I'm loving the diet and finding it so easy. I couldn't believe the way the weight was slipping off!"

I do love a good 'thinspiration' story, but sometimes I find the magazine stories a bit contrived. I realise they need to be written by a journalist, but they're all really samey. I find there's little 'character' of the person in there, and their stories tend to follow a really similar path. Very little mention of any struggles usually...or if there is it's along the lines of:
"On the rare weeks I had a gain, I put it behind me and got straight back on with the plan, and had it was so easy." etc.
A little more realism would be nice!

I don't blame the slimmers...not at all. It's the mag. Maybe they think that people want to be told how easy and fabulous it all is?

I'd noticed the consultant angle as well. Hmm!

Having said all that - I would do it! Makeover, lovely photos, nice clothes to wear...bring it on!

I've also noticed that no-one in the mag seems to struggle when at target! Yes I've maintained my target (or thereabouts) for almost 2 years, but my god it's been a struggle!
They also all seem to say that the bad habits have gone forever, errr, I disagree too! Many of our target members say they are still greedy little piggies when the mood takes us and I still struggle to refuse cakes and pastries in Starbucks!
Yes, the stories are fab but sometimes I think they are a bit too much!

Back