Anyone on here been in the SW mag?

It would be good if they included some of the struggles people had to get to target. They make it seem so plain sailing. How did they feel when they STS? What kept them motivated? How come they are a size 10 and weigh more than i do now ???[/QUOTE]

It baffles me about the weight - size thing, one was about 11st, 5ft 6 and in a size 10, when I was 11st I was in a size 16/18, and I'm 5ft 7, I also wonder about the sizes at their top weight, I'm 13st 11lb and in a 20, but I read one woman who was in 24's and weighed over 19st??? Where do they shop? I'm sure if I shopped at the same place I'd be wearing 14's (I can only dream lol):confused:

It baffles me too how different people are different sizes at the same weight! I currently wear a 14 and i'm 12st 13!!! I know I will still be in 14s until I get back to the upper tens coz thats the way I have always been. I shop in places like next for work, new look, miss selfridge and H&M for casual! I have friends though who weigh as much as me and look miles thinner! I think its because im so short i look fatter!!!

the only thing that puts me off is the fact that everyone will be able to see my 'before' weight. I know everyone saw me at that size, but there are just some people who I would be uncomfortable knowing the actual figure (certain in-laws and family members)

I feel like this to, i'm fine with people knowing I have lost 3 stone 4 stone or even 5, but if I can get to the point of declaring target, and say I have lost 10/10 1/2 stone I will be mortified when people realise that put me at 20 + stone :cry:

Theres only me and 2 ladies at class who know my starting weight besides people on here.

Even hubby doesnt know i'm far to embarrassed :cry:

My OH knows my weight etc and is a huge inspiration but nobody else does - except you marvellous people xx

I only know one person who has appeared in the magazine and (although it didn't say it in her gumph) she is a consultant.

I really think it doesn't matter what your weight was, the thing that really matters is what you are now and that you have done something wonderful about your weight.

It would be good if they included some of the struggles people had to get to target. They make it seem so plain sailing. How did they feel when they STS? What kept them motivated? How come they are a size 10 and weigh more than i do now ???[/QUOTE]

It baffles me about the weight - size thing, one was about 11st, 5ft 6 and in a size 10, when I was 11st I was in a size 16/18, and I'm 5ft 7, I also wonder about the sizes at their top weight, I'm 13st 11lb and in a 20, but I read one woman who was in 24's and weighed over 19st??? Where do they shop? I'm sure if I shopped at the same place I'd be wearing 14's (I can only dream lol):confused:

Im 19st 4lb and i wear a 22, so i do find that a really insulting comment. My clothes fit me perfectly and i carry my weight resonably well.

I wish i only weighed 13st and was my size as i would have alot less to lose and would drop dress sizes much faster.

And FYI I shop at new look.

It would be good if they included some of the struggles people had to get to target. They make it seem so plain sailing. How did they feel when they STS? What kept them motivated? How come they are a size 10 and weigh more than i do now ???

Yes you're so right Rosie! It would be far more inspiring to see people who have had a rocky time of it! I'd relate to them far more and it would make me think, 'I can do it too!' And you're right, I'm often a bit dubious about their weights! X

I read an interesting article in a magazine once! New Woman or something like that! They had 5 women lined up and they were all the same height and weight! But they all looked completely different! Some looked quite slim, whilst others looked quite chunky! I couln't believe the difference and as I recall their sizes varied from 12-18! The purpose was to show how people of varying shapes can look! Interesting stuff, but I think that the main thing to remember is that we mustn't compare ourselves to others! It's a personal journey and we are all so different X

^^^True. I am 5ft 4 and weigh 10 stone and am a 10-12. One of my friends is the same height, a stone heavier and a 10-12.

We are all so different!!

I feel like this to, i'm fine with people knowing I have lost 3 stone 4 stone or even 5, but if I can get to the point of declaring target, and say I have lost 10/10 1/2 stone I will be mortified when people realise that put me at 20 + stone :cry:

Theres only me and 2 ladies at class who know my starting weight besides people on here.

Even hubby doesnt know i'm far to embarrassed :cry:

Soccermom, I am exactly the same, and I had the same thought about people calculating my starting weight! I have lost 4.5 st now, no-one knows how much I weigh, and they keep saying things like, only another couple of stone to go (It's more like 8!!)

Im 19st 4lb and i wear a 22, so i do find that a really insulting comment. My clothes fit me perfectly and i carry my weight resonably well.

I wish i only weighed 13st and was my size as i would have alot less to lose and would drop dress sizes much faster.

And FYI I shop at new look.

It wasn't meant to be insulting and I apologise if you took it that way, I'm just baffled as I shop in Evans, and if I was in a smaller size, let me assure you, I would look like a sausage bursting out of it's skin, I know as I have tried smaller sizes on and looked in the mirror. Sadly New Look is too trendy for me, or I'm too old for it, so this is not an option. I should also point out that i am slipping down towards an 18, but it's going to take another few lbs before I reach it. Either that, or I need a bigger size in jeans than I do in skirts and dresses.

I should apologise too really. I was a little offended and i know you didnt really mean it like that. I was stood out side my work and someone said i should get a sign for my bum as it was so big and it wasnt put that politley, so i saw your post and was stroppy for now reason.

btw your never too old and nothing is ever too trendy :D

You are 13st 11, 5 foot 7 and a size 20?!

I am 14 st 9, 5 foot 4 (cry cry cry almost a stone heavier than I was before Christmas) and am a size 16. (bye bye again size 14, i'll get you back soon)

You need to get thee to a Dorothy Perkins or a New Look, my lady!

I also have a dress from Coast which is a 16 and fits perfectly.

I have a lot of friends who are the same weight and me and that are look really good in clothes whereas i try on the same top and look awful! I think its because everyone carrys their weight in different places, organs, bones (apparantly 12% of your weight), boobs, muscles all add to our weight. Therefor you can have one friend whos figure is different to yours as she has heavier muscles or whatever there are loads of reasons, but it is very annoying!!

AllieP;2314141Where do they shop? I'm sure if I shopped at the same place I'd be wearing 14's (I can only dream lol):confused:[/QUOTE said:
:8855::8855::8855::8855: love it x

I always look fwd to the mag but it's very 'samey' every time! Also the journalists need some new phrases - if i hear 'washed down with sugary drinks' one more time!!! No-one 'WASHES DOWN' a drink, they blumin well drink it!!!! Grrrr.

i think i would probably do when i get to target in about 5 years time as have a long way to go but then would i want the embarrasment of people seeing me how i was before and how much i weighed before even though i wont weigh that when im target i think i will still feel asahmed i got to that point.

I get the magazine for food ideas and recipes - I never read the "inspirational" articles because I find them very boring. People have suggested to me that when I get to target (which is a long way away!!) I should put myself forward for the magazine or one of the awards.

All I can say to that is that I cannot imagine anything worse!!! I am not meaning to be critical of anything anyone else wants to do, but I could not possibly put my life out there for everyone to read about. And I can't say the things people are expected to say - obviously I am happier being slimmer, but I wasn't miserable being fatter. I have a couple of "before" pictures which I won't mind showing people I know - but they show me looking perfectly happy, which I was!!

Back