Anyone on here been in the SW mag?

I have the issue of being a different size on my bottom and my top - so, often, I'm a size 20 (Evans) on top, and a size 26/28 on the bottom - makes buying stuff a nightmare! (I'm currently 19 stone again after a Christmas weight gain *sigh*)

I have the issue of being a different size on my bottom and my top - so, often, I'm a size 20 (Evans) on top, and a size 26/28 on the bottom - makes buying stuff a nightmare! (I'm currently 19 stone again after a Christmas weight gain *sigh*)

Im the same with the 2 different halves! My bottom half is a size 12 but i have to get a size 14 as my stomach hangs over the 12 but the legs and bum are saggy in a 14 - i cant win :(

My top half is a size 16-18 i have small arms as these are in proportion to my bottom half but a protruding stomach which gives a pregnancy misconseption. I have many times considered the maternity section of shops!!!

I am 5ft 4....weigh 15st 9 and am size 20......AllieP by the time I am 11st I will fit into about size 12...I know this because about 9 years ago I was 11st 4 and a size 12/14 yet I am shorter than you.....How on earth is that right?

And I can't say the things people are expected to say - obviously I am happier being slimmer, but I wasn't miserable being fatter. I have a couple of "before" pictures which I won't mind showing people I know - but they show me looking perfectly happy, which I was!!
Completely agree- they really lay it on thick, but forget that some people's 'before' weight is another person's ideal or goal weight

Sometimes there are people who say how disgusting and unhappy they were when they were (shock horror!) 12 stone- whereas I will dance around Wigan naked when I get to 12 stone I will be so utterly delighted.

I am 5ft 4....weigh 15st 9 and am size 20......AllieP by the time I am 11st I will fit into about size 12...I know this because about 9 years ago I was 11st 4 and a size 12/14 yet I am shorter than you.....How on earth is that right?

I talked with my daughter about this sizing difference, she pointed out, that I carry my extra weight, mostly in my body, I have relatively skinny arms and legs for my weight, she said some people carry their extra weight more evenly, so while my legs will fit ok in a 14/16, my bum and tum wouldn't , same with my arms, in the body size clothes, legs and arms are swamped.

Ah well, I'll just have to stick to the diet, tone up and lose the apple shape.:rolleyes:

You might be pleasantly surprised - I was. In 1995 I weighed about 10 stone and was a size 12. In 2010 I weigh just under 10 stone (9st 12) and am a size 10. I even have clothes from back then that are too big. I did more exercise back then too. Explain that :confused:

You might be pleasantly surprised - I was. In 1995 I weighed about 10 stone and was a size 12. In 2010 I weigh just under 10 stone (9st 12) and am a size 10. I even have clothes from back then that are too big. I did more exercise back then too. Explain that :confused:

Erm nope I canna coz that don't make sense but wahey if I get to a 12 quicker than expected :)

Completely agree- they really lay it on thick, but forget that some people's 'before' weight is another person's ideal or goal weight

Sometimes there are people who say how disgusting and unhappy they were when they were (shock horror!) 12 stone- whereas I will dance around Wigan naked when I get to 12 stone I will be so utterly delighted.

I hope you will be selling tickets for that? :D

I was dissapointed with this months mag (and no, it wasnt because YSOTY winner was in there :p) lol
i didnt feel like recipes were half as good and the stories didnt inspire me to get off my ass and do somthing. Which was a shame, i usually get so much from the mag and save every single one to look back on.

I totally agree with the way the stories are portrayed. I really wish (and as much as i love sw) that they wouldnt give off such a suger plum, all pink and fluffy attitude to loosing weight and/ staying at target. Because i know for a fact it's not, and im quite happy to ask fro help and admit that i struggle. I'd never lead anyone to believe that targets all bloody plain sailing and rosey.. and somtimes reading the mag for tagert members who are in there can make me feel inadequete, for feeling a struggle every now and then. The plan is easy yes but life isnt, and bad habits arnt ever gone forever, they'r just controlled! i can still eat as much as i did in a binge when i was 14 stone 8.5lbs and im not afraid to admit i struggle not to eat an entire box of crunchy nut if left alone!!! lol xxxx

Back