Anyone on pp who can't / doesn't eat fruit ?

size102b

Banned
Hi does anyone else have problems eating fruit? I've bad ibs and fruit makes it much worse and on pp 0 point fruit is meant to help with hunger etc, I've had some but my stomachs not good and I wondered what do other people have to help fill them up free or v low pp?
Thanks xx

Hi I have severe IBS also but have found I can eat fruit if not citrus. It basically leaves me with apples and bananas which is fine and I snack on low point things. Have the odd low point biscuit. I do struggle as mine is also related to dairy so yoghurts are off the menu also. Can be hard but as have had so many years of being used to it I just make sure my meals are slightly less points so I do have some points for snacks! I love ice lollies which are low which also helps but do find if I eat good meals don't need to snack too much.

Hi I have severe IBS also but have found I can eat fruit if not citrus. It basically leaves me with apples and bananas which is fine and I snack on low point things. Have the odd low point biscuit. I do struggle as mine is also related to dairy so yoghurts are off the menu also. Can be hard but as have had so many years of being used to it I just make sure my meals are slightly less points so I do have some points for snacks! I love ice lollies which are low which also helps but do find if I eat good meals don't need to snack too much.

There are loads more fruits than that which arent citrus - grapes, pears, kiwi, mango, papaya, melon just as a start! Tonnes more too I am sure. Try some other fruits, you might be surprised! :)

I have a huge problem with fruit....it's a texture thing. As soon as any fruit touches my mouth I retch. I tried a piece of apple Last week and as per usual, retched but persevered and ate about half of it...it wasn't too bad.

Then today in work, I was struggling to get the kids to have any fruit at snack... So made a big point of trying another 2 pieces, this time with skin on and didn't retch...still a long way off choosing an apple as a snack though!

Back