IBS

mistyangel

Silver Member
So folks I have IBS and it flares up from time to time but after a few days and meds it calms down. But since I have joined SW a week and half ago I have been cramped every day, don't want to be too graphic but lets just say the bathroom has been a familiar friend!. Fruit in particular really exacerbates it, makes me feel bloated, and very uncomfortable. Been eating lots of vegetables, pulses, beans etc and these are not much better. I had this issue when was on this plan before, I am hoping it will eventually settle itself, just wondered does anyone else suffer the same, and if so, what experience did you have? Would appreciate any pearls of wisdom please.

Sorry no-one's answered you. Call your leader -s/he should be able to help.

I have the same. I find that the first two or three weeks getting back on plan really agitates it but then it eases out. I find certain fruit and veggies really irritate it for example if I have mushrooms I am in agony for hours. So I plan around what I know I can eat.

I've had ibs for 5 years. I control it by food. I follow Fodmap rules which your only suppose to do for a few weeks.
Look at buying the Monash University food app. It gives you the portion size you can safely eat at one meal.

I have the same. I find that the first two or three weeks getting back on plan really agitates it but then it eases out. I find certain fruit and veggies really irritate it for example if I have mushrooms I am in agony for hours. So I plan around what I know I can eat.

Thank You. Yes, I have started to take a note of the main culprits, seems like it mainly fruit, but some veg, has eased off slightly, gonna see how it goes this week and review what I am eating to see what happens.

Thank You. Yes, I have started to take a note of the main culprits, seems like it mainly fruit, but some veg, has eased off slightly, gonna see how it goes this week and review what I am eating to see what happens.
Hi, just a bit of an update, it seems to have calmed itself down, the full blown cramps have gone, still have a few issues here and there, but you were so right my body just needed to adjust, this week and most of last been not so bad, so thank you for the advice.

Back