Anyone on Slimfast?

wannabslim

Gold Member
After trying to do my own thing since New Year and being exceptionally good most of the time (never being bad, just not as good as i could be) I have only lost 1 and a bit lbs :cry:! I know thats probably not bad but considering I have been eating less than half the cals I used to I am surprised it hasnt been more. I am not sure if perhaps I have been eating more calories than I should without realising it.

So, to try and boost my weightloss for a few weeks I am gonna try and do Slimfast most days. I have a work do next Friday night where we are having a 3 course meal, so that might interfere with the low calorie evening meal, but other than that I cant foresee any problems. I think if I can make my breakfast and lunch set at a standard 500 calories without having to think about it, it will save me all the hassle of trying to find low cal, low fat foods that I can take with me on the go (which is hard!). Also now I am swimming 3x a week and doing exercise dvds to get fit hopefully the two things together should make a noticeable difference by the end of the month.

I have done Slimfast before for 3 weeks and lost a stone, which I kept off, so if I can do that again it will be a great way to kick start my new years resolution!! I dont plan to do this long term as personally I find Slimfast can get a bit too much after a while and also you start to get hungry, so I plan to do it as long as possible until I get sick of it! At the moment I have 3 tubs worth left from when I did it Nov 06 which dont go out of date until March, so I will use them up and then see what I fancy doing.

Wish me luck chaps! If anyone here is doing Slimfast I would be interested to hear your progress!

Love Nikki x

Hiya Nikki, I'm starting Slimfast tomorrow. I've also done it in the past and lost a stone in about 4 weeks. I've got to get rid of this last weight but can't seem to get my head into CD ing again (the hairloss was a bummer for me).

There's a thread somewhere but I haven't had time to find it yet, I'll see you on there? :D

Excellent, I shall indeed see you there when I find it.... lol let me know if you get there first as I can't seem to see it anywhere! xx

I am staring today on slimfast to try and ease myself into CD again. Looking at doing 2 weeks.

Just having a smoothie now for brekkie!!

how you getting on!!

I am doing ok, had 2 shakes yesterday ( 1 for brekkie and lunch) i had some fruit morning and afternoon then just had some chicken last night. Trying to drink 2-3 litres a day as well (water that is)

Let me know how you doing.

I have had smoothies at breakfast time they are lovely have you tried them??

Hi hun,

Didn't have a great day yesterday as didnt have any milk in the house in the morning and didnt have any time to buy some before I got on with my tasks for the day. So I got off to a bad start and ate rubbish for most of the day- about 1350 cals in all, so not the 1000/1100 i was hoping for! Today is much better tho- had a banana slimfast milkshake for brekkie, going to have a weight watchers ready meal for lunch and then my third shake this evening.

I have tried the smoothies before but I find unless they are rly cold they taste too thick and yoghurty. I use the ready made drinks for when I'm on the go and need something in a bottle, otherwise I always use the mix and make them up myself as its much cheaper!!

Went swimming last night which I'm hoping made up for the extra calories lol! I didn't drink enough yesterday either as I was so busy, so I'm making a conscious effort to drink a healthy amount today!

Hope the rest of your day goes well hun, evenings are the worst for me but I start my new pub job tonight so hopefully that will keep me from picking!

All the best, wbs xx

lol i wont be drinking as its my job- not allowed to drink on duty but I'm avoiding the alcohol completely at the moment except for next Friday at my works do- vodka diet coke all the way then! lol x

How did you all find the slim fast diet? I tried Lighter Life but the shakes just did not agree with me at all. So after a weejk of trying really hard just to eat sensibly it's getting harder and harder, as no weight coming off (and I've been to gym 3 times in the last week). I did think about trying Slim fast, but wondered how other people found it?

Hi Rachael,

I am doing rly well at the moment, set myself a target for 1lb a week loss using Slimfast as an aid- tho I have to say I dont rely on it. I try and have slimfast for brekkie every day but then as long as I am not out at uni or work I will have a weight watchers soup for lunch and a low fat dinner. I use slimfast ready made bottles maybe 4 days a week where I am out and can't prepare anything hot, or where I would normally buy a sarnie from the shop! I have found this really helpful as it stops me buying junk when I am out and about and helps me to stay on-track, though I think Slimfasting it 100% everyday would prob be a bit much for me. I think the drinks are a bit too sugary and when you look at the content, tbh i prefer a normal weight watchers soup or fruit instead. But if you are prone to picking and need some kind of plan to stick to then its not bad at all. Having said that it is important to snack on healthy things (little and often helps lose weight faster, and if you dont take in enough cals your weightloss is actually slower!) and stick within the 600 cal dinner, remembering to try and make it as low fat as possible within the calorie allowance.

The thing I found when I WAS doing Slimfast is that you NEED to eat what they recommend to stay healthy- you need the healthy snacks, you need that calories in the dinner. If you take shortcuts it takes longer to lose. You know the expression "you need to eat to lose weight"? Well with Slimfast and healthy eating this is deffo true!

I have been there with VLCDs and it seems strange at first to be eating what seems like quite a lot, but after telling your mind that all food is bad (not saying that everyone does this but I definitely found this was the way I found myself thinking after doing CD) you need to reprogram and not feel guilty about it.

I would recommend Slimfast as I have lost a stone on it in a month before, but it is VERY sweet and sugary, and having done healthy eating for a month now I find that "real" healthy food is much more enjoyable.

Hope this helps xxx

i have started slimfast today, im due to start LL in 2 weeks time, just thought i would give this a try, does anyone know if the 2 diets are roughly the same in the weight you loose? :p
and can anyone tell me how to get a trickler up and running?

I think the differences in average monthly losses beteen SF and VLCDs is quite significant. On a VLCD you lose an average of a stone a month, EVERY month. You should expect a fair bit less than that on SF (maybe 8lb a month or so). Not knocking that ... a couple of pounds a week is around 6st in a year and that's not too shabby!!

I'm on CD 790 and will be happy with 2lb a week if it's consistant.

Oh, by the way ... the diets are nothing alike even though they both use shakes and soups; they work on totally different principles.

I am doing (from today)Tesco's own brand of meal replacement, Ultra Slim. The chocolate one is lovely, better than SlimFast chocolate.
I did SF before, but got constipated and had stomach cramps, but hat could have been down to doing one diet one week then something different the next so my poor stomach never knew what was coming,lol.
I like meal replacements because I tend to get a bit obsessed with weighing/pointing if I do SW or WW, and with repalcemnts there is no worrying about points or whatever. I don't worry about my evening meal, I just calorie count that as best I can.

New to site - slimfast February challenge

Hi everyone

I am new to the site but I have been on slimfast for nearly six weeks and have so far lost 11lb. It would be good if we could help each other with the diet and perhaps we could to a challenge like some people seem to do.

I will try to lose 8lbs by the end of the month :eatdrink051:. Does anyone want to join? :sign0009::sign0009:

Well, I am really pleased, I have weighed myself and since Monday have lost 3lb!!
I weighed a bag of sugar as well just to make sure the scales are accurate:clap:

But today I have got really bad diarrhoea:sick0019:, hope it's not the Ultra Slim.

Hi all, I'm starting with CD next week after I get my doc to sign the form. Since I wanted to start sooner my CDC suggested that I start today with slimfast to get me in "meal replacement" mode.

So today I'm a SF girl and next week will move to CD.

Had a shake this morning (mid morn) for brekky and it was lovely and having soup in a bit for lunch. Water and green tea in between.

Been busy at work so not even thought about food. My office just happens to be by the kitchen and I've had all sorts of smells wafting in my office today. Each time I've smelled something new I've sat back and thought, would I want that or do I want to be slim again. I've enjoyed the smell but never craved, its all in the mind I tell ya !

Good luck the other SF girlies (oh and guys too!)

I have just recently got back into slim fast, messed about since xmas, but now back in the swing of it, I like slim fast and the ease of it, i'm on my 3rd day and no stopping me now, I did it last year and lost 3 stone, so I'm aiming for the same amount again by May. Fingers Crossed x

Hey gang,

Just wondering who (if anyone) is still on SF a few weeks down the line. I had a brief spell of using Weight watchers but altho I loved it, I hardly lost any weight so am now planning on going back to my healthy eating/slimfast thing if I don't lose anything over the next week!

I plan to have my healthy cereal for brekkie as usual, a slimfast for lunch and a 650 or less calorie dinner as SF recommend, with a couple of low calorie snacks if I need them.

Will start the SF next Tues as that's my WI day and also as have bought sarnie stuff for this week and dont want to waste it, but have now made the decision!! If I don't lose at least 1lb by next week SF it is!!!

xxx

Hi, I am on SF and have been for nine weeks.

I've lost 19lb so far although didn't lose this week :(.

looking forward to hearing about your progress.

Back