Anyone pregnant and still losing weight? Or getting smaller?

I have lost 2.5st since November and have the same again to go. I am hoping to have that off by the end of the summer. We would like to start a family but I would prefer to get the weight off first as I hope it would then be easier to get the baby weight off. But my hubby would like to start now and is right in saying that we don't know how long it will take to conceive. And he also knows that I will not want to put weight back on once I get to target.

So if I did get pregnant while overweight, can u still lose excess weight and go down sizes while healthily getting a bump?

i have only just started, and waited until the third tri, when your body is trying to stockpile weight to start, ha. however, i have heard of people having good losses whilst pregnant, although sw won't recommend what you should lose etc, they leave that to your midwife. my aim at the moment is to lose tummy whilst my baby gains weight. although this is really odd because i don't know what to expect at weigh in, it means that i'll have less to lose when i've had the baby.

there's a woman at my class who only gained a few lbs through her entire pregnancy, came back to class and lost 8lbs in her first week!! so there you go, ha. it is possible to do. and it is the only diet you can officially do whilst preggers. take it from me. if there's no structure and you get the pregnancy munchies there's no stopping you!! since starting this i've found things much much easier... only pizza would do before...

abz xx

i was 15,2 at the start of the year, i followed cambridge diet right up until conception (stopped as soon as i got a positive test) and was 12,9 the day i found out.
i am now doing slimming world in order to limit the gain and have so far at 7 weeks pg stayed the same. i am aiming to lose a few lbs slowly but at the very least stay the same throughout. therefore will have a loss after birth.
good luck and your oh is right, you dont know how long it will take. i would've loved to have done another month of cambridge diet and shifted another stone but hey i conceived the first month we tried (feb). But you never know!!!
xxxx

Back