Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Anyone Rhesus D Negative?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Without The Pounds' started by Purple Hugs, 20 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Purple Hugs

Purple Hugs Loves weight.. training!

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Or is it just me? :doh:
    I knew of course, from my eldest daughter - now 10. But have just had my blood results back and there is a strong letter and leaflet in it:read:regarding the risks, their action of an Anti-D injection between 28-30 weeks and an appointment for that.

I didn't realise the injection was derived from peoples blood.. their comments of 'highly screened' send shivers down my spine.. but I have no choice.

I didn't have any injections with Erin, as 11 years ago in Manchester they didn't give any. She is I assume the same as me as I didn't need the injection after she was born either.

The only concern I have that I'll talk to midwife about is that I had a miscarriage early on, and if this left me with anti bodies would this one have ended if that was the case?

I didn't realise a bump to the belly could leave me needing another injection, midwife just said any bleeding would mean I'd need this..
    Am now wondering after my fall with my horse if I should phone her to be sure. :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. shellyamber

shellyamber Full Member

Diet:
    meal replacement
    i think you should call your midwife to talk to her about it. Im AB neg and had the anti d injection after my first baby was delivered. I went on to have a second baby without any problems. If you have had a fall i would get checked out to put your mind at rest.

4. Purplepixie

Purplepixie Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(27.87%)
    Diet:
    CD
    call your MW I am also rh - and i have first baby with atwo anti D injections, on at 34 weeks and the second after birth. With my second pregnancy was more difficult i had several bleeds and needed quite a few anti d injections.

5. irishangel

irishangel Full Member

hun heres a webite that might help answer some questions...

Anti-D

I too am ABRh negative but had my kids so long ago I barely remember much about the jag! :rolleyes:

debs xx

Purple Hugs likes this.
  6. Purple Hugs

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks all, I'm O Neg Rh Neg, :)
    Will have a look at the website and ring my midwife on monday to be sure. I'm pretty sure I didn't take a knock to the stomach, nothing sharp etc. But I hadn't thought of the Rh Neg side of things, only the miscarriage risk through the fall, but it was a broken fall and into soft mud (thank goodness it had rained recently).

7. MrsDannyDyer

MrsDannyDyer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.12%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    Im o neg too. With 1st baby they didnt give it during pregnancy only after delivery which i got. With 2nd baby i had a few bleeds and everytime got my anti d. When i delivered her, it came back i didnt need another. I did see that in the notes you get it while pregnant now.

If anyone did miscarry/abort/bleed after 12 weeks they would routinely get anti d.

The anti d u get is to protect the next baby. This will be my last tho lol

Do u give blood? They are always crying out for my blood o neg. Theres always a shortage of it.

8. Purple Hugs

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    they won't take my blood for donation as I have tatto's I have heard that they won't take you once you've had an anti D either. Not 100% on that though... I've low BP and to be honest it would be an ordeal for me to give a pint.. just giving a large test ends up with me out for the count normally! lol

9. irishangel

irishangel Full Member

Just to clarify - you cant give blood until one year after a anti-d injection :)

debs xx

10. Purple Hugs

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

11. MrsDannyDyer

MrsDannyDyer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.12%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    Its usually about d same time after a tattoo as well.

12. Purple Hugs

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    oh right I thought they'd never take you after a tattoo that's what someone told me who gives regularly..

13. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd
    My sister in law has tatoos and she gives blood all the time.

14. Purple Hugs

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have been on their site today, and they will allow you after 6 months now! There is a list of questions to see if you are acceptable..
    And I am! lol i'll be brave after the waiting period is up for the anti D then I promise!! :) I do think it's worthwhile.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.