Anyone Rhesus D Negative?

Purple Hugs

Loves weight.. training!
Or is it just me? :doh:
I knew of course, from my eldest daughter - now 10. But have just had my blood results back and there is a strong letter and leaflet in it:read:regarding the risks, their action of an Anti-D injection between 28-30 weeks and an appointment for that.

I didn't realise the injection was derived from peoples blood.. their comments of 'highly screened' send shivers down my spine.. but I have no choice.

I didn't have any injections with Erin, as 11 years ago in Manchester they didn't give any. She is I assume the same as me as I didn't need the injection after she was born either.

The only concern I have that I'll talk to midwife about is that I had a miscarriage early on, and if this left me with anti bodies would this one have ended if that was the case?

I didn't realise a bump to the belly could leave me needing another injection, midwife just said any bleeding would mean I'd need this..
Am now wondering after my fall with my horse if I should phone her to be sure. :confused:

call your MW I am also rh - and i have first baby with atwo anti D injections, on at 34 weeks and the second after birth. With my second pregnancy was more difficult i had several bleeds and needed quite a few anti d injections.

hun heres a webite that might help answer some questions...

Anti-D

I too am ABRh negative but had my kids so long ago I barely remember much about the jag! :rolleyes:

debs xx

Thanks all, I'm O Neg Rh Neg, :)
Will have a look at the website and ring my midwife on monday to be sure. I'm pretty sure I didn't take a knock to the stomach, nothing sharp etc. But I hadn't thought of the Rh Neg side of things, only the miscarriage risk through the fall, but it was a broken fall and into soft mud (thank goodness it had rained recently).

Im o neg too. With 1st baby they didnt give it during pregnancy only after delivery which i got. With 2nd baby i had a few bleeds and everytime got my anti d. When i delivered her, it came back i didnt need another. I did see that in the notes you get it while pregnant now.

If anyone did miscarry/abort/bleed after 12 weeks they would routinely get anti d.

The anti d u get is to protect the next baby. This will be my last tho lol

Do u give blood? They are always crying out for my blood o neg. Theres always a shortage of it.

they won't take my blood for donation as I have tatto's I have heard that they won't take you once you've had an anti D either. Not 100% on that though... I've low BP and to be honest it would be an ordeal for me to give a pint.. just giving a large test ends up with me out for the count normally! lol

Just to clarify - you cant give blood until one year after a anti-d injection :)

debs xx

oh right I thought they'd never take you after a tattoo that's what someone told me who gives regularly..

I have been on their site today, and they will allow you after 6 months now! There is a list of questions to see if you are acceptable..
And I am! lol i'll be brave after the waiting period is up for the anti D then I promise!! :) I do think it's worthwhile.

Back