anyone run as a form of exercise?

Thank you, thank you for introducing me to podrunner. No more looking at my stopwatch now i can rely on my music to tell me when to run and when to walk.
I can't wait to give it a go.
I was doing the running made easy plan before this but have been getting fedup with having to keep an eye on my time.
Have a stinky cold at the moment so have to wait til that disappears. Not too long to wait i hope!
THank you again.
Caroline.

I've never heard of this Podrunner thing but will look into it and download some stuff at home tonight. Thanks for the tip!

Ohhh I need to google this podrunner thing. I used to run a few years ago, doubt I could muster up a slow jog at the moment but intregued about this wee gizmo. I like gizmos.

Well done you!! That's magic! I managed 23mins this week and then someone stopped to ask me about my dog so I had to stop and speak!! Lol!

It's my Race for Life tomorrow in Inverness - will let you know how it goes!!

Going to download week 9 for tomorrow and hope that it'll get me most of the way round!

Happy running!
Christine xx

i done jogging when i first joined this site, almost everyday...i think i overdone it...

i ended up getting pains and stuff all over, and then it was hurting so badly i had to stop...

but now im bying a treadmill for the house and im gonna run on that.

i must say when i was jogged for a few days, even after a week i saw visible results on my body...i dunno if thats because running is that good or because my body is dying to loose weight...

Wow I have never heard of podrunner, this sounds brilliant! Must dust off my ipod when I get home! Sounds like it really helps, as I am useless at running and always just stop and walk before I am meant to, so I really hope this spurs me on!

What kind of music does it have on it?xxxx

Hello,

I run quite often, although i cant since my operation in June and will still have to avoid it up till roughly Xmas :(

I prefer to run outdoors, especially in the rain :eek: with my i-pod plugged in. I've done 2 half marathon runs (13 miles) and some 10k and 5k runs for cancer research.

The only advice i can give is to start slowly and build youself up to a level and pace you are comfortable with. Once you start finding it easy, increase your speed and intensity, such as uphill or uneven surfaces. Find some good routes in your local area and alternative as much as possible to stop you from getting bored and to keep the route fresh.

In terms of weight loss, running is really good for losing weight and keeping it off. I find when i running on a regular basis that i need more complex carbs, otherwise i have absolutely no energy at all.

Some fantastic suggestions here! Thank you all.

At the moment I am toning up the muscles in my legs to complete the 3 Peaks National Challenge next year, so any form of exercise tips are always appreciated!
I do loads of walking and I also do a lot of cardio work on my legs at the gym (I have actually got calf muscles!!!), running would also improve my fitness level, so will make a start!

Hi, my aim is to lose enough weight to be able to run. Currently, I go to the gym 3 times a week for about 90 mins each time and do a mix of cardio and weight training. I still think I am too heavy to run but I am so tempted. I live by the river in London and it will be a fantastic place to run. Everyone's comments on this thread are really motivating me.

Back