Anyone seen this?

GagaOoLala

Anyone seen this today!

The Bigger Society | The Sun |Features

It's really angered me! Its written with such mocking I just wanted to scream! People are so ignorant to just think its so easy to "just go on a diet!" and lose some pounds! I agree that there is a limit when it comes to being big, But not everyone wants to be 9 bloody stone!! I know my GW says I want to get down to 140lbs but I will be very happy when I get to the same size as adele and get back in to my size 16 clothes!

What does everyone else think? xx

Last year I actually stopped buying newspapers and listening to the news because I found constantly hearing about food and overweight issues was making me feel like a "non-person". It was affecting my mood and food choices. I am only fat for godsake I am not a mass murderer or other non-desirable member of society.

It was a good decision to make as I am now a lot more content and making good progress and eating mainly for nutrition rather than being affected by what the so-called experts are brainwashing us with.

That’s very true! I find a lot of people are "Fattest" that sounds stupid but apparently it’s a real thing.
For instance I am trying so hard, I did let myself go, heaviest 21st 7lbs and now lost 28lbs in 2 months. I know I will lose weight fast first but the fact I am trying to get myself back to being a healthy weight is good right? I eat sensibly and try and exercise every day and yet still the other day I was walking round the supermarket with my boyfriend and some woman who I had never met in my life before made a horrible comment. She said "Eww look at that fat woman, shouldn't she be in the gym and not looking for cakes!" I felt like bursting into tears
If she looked at my trolley and at the products that I had in there; fresh fruit and veg, chicken and prawns, milk and I was looking for Ice! Not that that mattered, she had no right to say what she did and my boyfriend went nuts at her, screaming and making a scene! I was so embarrassed!
Xx

I think "fattist" is a really good term, there are a lot of judgemental people out there. I think it's hard to understand for people of normal weight what it's like to be larger, and how much effort it is to lose weight.

I also think it's a way for people to feel better about themselves. They probably have lots of (body) hangups themselves, but it makes them feel superior, for once, to point the finger at someone else. And larger people are an easy target. I think that's because it has somehow become acceptable to laugh at obese people, because of the way larger people are portrayed in the media: lazy, scrounging, lacking in self-discipline...

Such stereotyping would not be acceptable if you were talking about any other marginalised group in society.

It would never be acceptable to point and laugh at someone disabled, or someone with a different skin colour (rightly so, obviously!), but it is acceptable to point and laugh at someone large? It makes no sense, and it is discrimination. I hope that soon, this becomes unacceptable across society and the media, in the way that over the last few decades it has (rightly!) become unacceptable to laugh at gay people or people with a different ethnicity.

I also think people are maybe scared if they see someone large. It confronts them with what unhealthy habits can lead to, and it confronts them with the fragility of "beauty", health and slimness. And a common defence against being scared by something is to mock it.

I think all the "fattists" should come to minimins and read all the inspirational stories. I have never seen so many fantastic, determined, non-lazy, beautiful individuals in one place!

Keep up all the hard work ladies and gentlemen!

SL xx

That’s very true! I find a lot of people are "Fattest" that sounds stupid but apparently it’s a real thing.
For instance I am trying so hard, I did let myself go, heaviest 21st 7lbs and now lost 28lbs in 2 months. I know I will lose weight fast first but the fact I am trying to get myself back to being a healthy weight is good right? I eat sensibly and try and exercise every day and yet still the other day I was walking round the supermarket with my boyfriend and some woman who I had never met in my life before made a horrible comment. She said "Eww look at that fat woman, shouldn't she be in the gym and not looking for cakes!" I felt like bursting into tears
If she looked at my trolley and at the products that I had in there; fresh fruit and veg, chicken and prawns, milk and I was looking for Ice! Not that that mattered, she had no right to say what she did and my boyfriend went nuts at her, screaming and making a scene! I was so embarrassed!
Xx

I also just wanted to say that this was a HORRIBLE woman. She probably has lots of issues of her own, or she wouldn't act like such a b***h. I'm so glad your boyfriend stuck up for you. And WELL DONE on all your determination, and all your loss so far. You are one of the inspirational, wonderful people I was talking about!

xxx

Back