Anyone starting new this month?

Hi:)
I have just been to the doctors and had my health check and I am all good to start!
I have my first group meeting tonight and starting officially tomorrow. Somehow very excited and found it quite easy to eat less today already. Hopefully the strong mind will continue.
Is anyone else starting this week or month? It would be nice to keep in touch and help each other out when we need to.

Thank you everyone else for your great stories and help on here. I have found the forum so helpful for getting my motivation up and learning about LL.

Good luck and stay strong :)

Hiya! Yes, I got my form filled in on Friday, am dropping it off tonight, & go to my first meeting tomorrow to get my packs - will start Wednesday morning I guess.

Would love to support you guys and hope we can all help each other. I'm excited, have lots of enthusiasm and kept telling myself this morning that even next week I'll notice a change... I just hope I can keep the momentum going until I'm at goal - I can maintain easily (well, I can maintain this weight for years, so why not 10 stone!!!!)

Keep us informed LondonGirl & Orange :) x x x

Good luck guys - people said it to me and I never believed them, but trust me, 14 weeks of Foundation will go SO quickly!

Good Luck all you new starters, Jo is right, the time really does fly by, I cannot believe how quickly it has all gone. You will do great, keep motivated, talk to each other and share your journeys.

Jez
xx

Hi :)
first day today. had a banana shake and mushroom soup. Couldnt finish both as they did taste a bit funny. But maybe I only used too much water! The shake was really sweet though and i used a smoothie shaker to mix it which made it really froothy and nice.
No hunger or want to eat anything else! Must be the motivation...
How is everyone else doing???
xx

Hi London Girl...

Sorry for hijacking your thread - firstly - good luck to all you newbies - it's an exciting rollercoaster of a journey and we are all here if you ever feel you are struggling, or need some advice/support.

Ok - just wanted to leap in quickly and say 'finish your packs!'... if you don't eat them all it can hinder your weight loss. They are balanced out to give your body the minimum it needs, and if you reduce on that then your body will go into starvation mode and you'll 'retain' weight. :)

You will gradually get to know the best amounts of water, way of mixing etc - but regardless, you must finish them and have all four. The funny after taste is the soya, but you will stop noticing this soon :)

That's it! Lecture over :p Hahaha. xx

Hi :)
first day today. had a banana shake and mushroom soup. Couldnt finish both as they did taste a bit funny. But maybe I only used too much water! The shake was really sweet though and i used a smoothie shaker to mix it which made it really froothy and nice.
No hunger or want to eat anything else! Must be the motivation...
How is everyone else doing???
xx

Hi
I had half a dozen ice cubes crushed in the mixer then added the stirred up shake.
Frothy and ice cold so was a bit like a innocent smoothy from the fridge

I've got Black Pepper and Tabasco Sauce to add to the Soups

You going to go for a pop-in at the end of the week?

Thanks anna. I will make sure I do this afternoon and tonight.
Yes I am going in on Thursday for a quick pop in.

Also buying some crushed ice on the way back from work this afternoon to make the shake more cold, as I think that will defintely help drink it. But to be honest I am positively surprised about the taste.

Orange - where are you from? I live in London as the name suggest :)

Also buying some crushed ice on the way back from work this afternoon to make the shake more cold, as I think that will defintely help drink it. But to be honest I am positively surprised about the taste.

Orange - where are you from? I live in London as the name suggest :)

Further North, near Manchester.
My sister lives just outside London so one of the aims is to look a lot different before I next go down which now will be around November time.
So plenty of time to see a difference :D

I'm looking to do a Friday pop-in so fingers crossed for us both

London_Girl forgot to ask are you letting everyone know or keeping quiet about LL
Just wondered if you were telling work about it

Hi orange,
no keeping it quiet. We discussed this in our session last night and our counsellor said that its normally better to keep it quiet for a while and just tell your close friends and relatives. She said that once the pounds start dropping off and you fully understand the program it becomes easier to tell everyone about it.
So I have just told my boyfriend so far and asked him to be a little considerate and not ask me out for dinner ;)
He is being really supportive and we have turned most of our social committments in the next few weeks into just meeting for coffee or a drink at the pub so I dont have to exlpain why I am not eating.
Hwo about you orange and everyone else?

Hi to all you newbies to LL. Well done on getting your thread started and you will find each other a great support.

I'm with Anna - please do make sure you finish each and every one of your four packs a day. You do need the nutrients they provide.

Glad you are working out the ways you can enjoy the packs. I have been eating the vanilla and banana packs hot - use a little less water and they're just like a creamy custard. Mmm lovely.

I think days 4-5 are about the worst time when most of us found carb withdrawal symptoms hit hardest. A mid-week pop-in will definitely fuel the motivation and get you through the first week in full abstinence.

Good luck!

Hi ladies

I'm about to start LL - tonight! Can't wait to get started now :)

I have done the Cambridge Diet in the past, but I need the support & counselling to change my association with food now..

I am going to keep things quiet for now - I've hold my husband, but I've been here before - mention you're 'not eating' and the world and their mothers are on at you about how bad that is.. You can tell everyone everything there is to know about ketosis, and how you're only not physically eating - you're still consuming calories, nutrients, etc.. They wont listen. And you get the "oh go on, one biscuit wont hurt", comments.. I found that if no-one knows, and you say you're not hungry (!), people accept that..

I'm in Hampshire / Lincolnshire :)

Ok, so Orange - you're going to see your sister in London in November. What's your 'goal' weight loss? Shall we do a little competition thing to see who can lose what by the date you visit your sister?

I currently weigh 224lbs - by 15th November I hope to weigh 185lbs. 3.5lbs a week loss. What do you reckon?

:) :) :)

Funny enough 15th of November is a big day for me too! As I am going on holiday to morrocco with my better half. I am not sure about my current weight in lbs but i will work that out tonight and post it on here.
Lyndsay - good luck to you for your first day!
xx

Ooh - you definately want to be teeny tiny for that! I'm going on holiday in about 4 weeks - dreading that, but as explained to me on another thread, there will be other holidays where I can eat - and Italy isn't just about the food & drink, honest!!

Cool - 15th Nov works for both of us - how about you Orange??

hey Lindsay, I'm from Lincoln and starting LL on 5th September, which councellor are you seeing?

Hi orange,
no keeping it quiet. We discussed this in our session last night and our counsellor said that its normally better to keep it quiet for a while and just tell your close friends and relatives. She said that once the pounds start dropping off and you fully understand the program it becomes easier to tell everyone about it.
So I have just told my boyfriend so far and asked him to be a little considerate and not ask me out for dinner ;)
He is being really supportive and we have turned most of our social committments in the next few weeks into just meeting for coffee or a drink at the pub so I dont have to exlpain why I am not eating.
Hwo about you orange and everyone else?

Keeping Quiet at the moment, just me & OH know

I Don't want to start feeling defensive & have to defend myself.
I want to put all my energies into the program. Into me :D

I'm at the Leeds Festival this Saturday (Radiohead) and that's been keeping me thinking about what to say.
I thought I would simply say I'm off meat the moment so no burgers, & no alcohol because I want to avoid the toilets.
But not sure what to have for a FULL day out.
I think the way round may be Early morning Shake then a couple of the Bars spread out during the day
I know your only meant to have one bar a day but better than having nothing.
Better than having food.

Which reminds me, are you going to have any of the bars, we can start on them at the weekend :)

Back