Step 1 Sole Source Anyone starting sole source with small children

pauline20

Hi everyone i have been reading these fantastic posts for a while now. Decided to give sole source a go starting tomm. Im really worried though as i have a seven month old baby girl a four year old boy and a sixteen year old. Not sure how i will be still getting up at night and attempting yo get into ketosis. Im still on mat leave so that should help. Would appreciate some feed back from people in the same boat as me for support. Cheers.

Hey, I first did cwp when my eldest was 6weeks, it made me feel a bit lethargic for the first few days but it wasn't too bad. Now they are 3 & 1 and my biggest problem is not picking at their food!

Good luck :)

Hiya, well I have a 2 year old who doesn't sleep very well at night and is super energetic all day so I'm thinking I will find it hard to keep up until I go into ketosis... Lol I also think picking at her food will be tempting, must resist!! x

i am on day 2 and have 3 kids ages 5,3,and 21 months! its surprisingly okay xxxx

Im not doim cd at the moment but did it bak earlier in the year and lost 3 stone and i have 6 children! Lol age 13 12 6 5 yr old twins and my baby is now 11 months.it was v v tough and had days where i felt dizzy weak but i.carried on as wanted to b able to be slimmer to be able to get down on floor to play with kids etc.cooking was hard but used to try and cook things i didnt like lol.good luck xxxc

My daughter is 16 weeks and on day 4 now and finding it fine :) x

I have 3/5 year old its stressing me out as they constantly waive food at me but going to stick it out.. I'm hoping it will get easier as I get less attached to food. And they restart school on tues and I can get out and go walking with dogs to distract. Myself at the moment I'm inside with food at every turn

I have a 22 month old and a 4 year old....once your in ketosis and have the energy it's completely doable....first few days are real hard though x

Does the obsession with wanting to eat go after the first few days?

Yes, except i turn into a feeder and tend to want to cook for everyone :) x

I can cope with that :) I sat at table with kids today with my soup.. I don't want them to know I'm on a diet and looked at their food longingly but thought.. I'm not eating that so that I can be a better mum for them and be able to run about with them :)

I have tried to make the beginning easier by buying lots of bottled water so that I can just grab and go. When the kids are back at school I can concentrate on me a bit more

That is exactly what happens to me, so my family loves CD too !

I'm a chef anyways so i cook most days, all day. At home i get really experimental and cook random bits and then leave them to eat lol x

I am on day 1 and have 3 kids (28, 26 and 16). I just know that cooking is going to be really difficult. My husband used to be a gymnast and is lean and muscular. He and my 16 year old son can eat ANYTHING and not worry about gaining weight.

I'm lucky though, my husband is really supportive and knows how to work out. I plan on using his knowledge and adopting some good workout habits.

Oh thanks everyone feel better now my baby is really unwell so will be starting on mon. Hope to get to know you all over that time.

Back