anyone struggling to sleep on cd diet

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by shaziam, 9 January 2008 Social URL.

1. shaziam

shaziam Full Member

Diet:
    tony ferguson
    hi all
    i'm on day 3 of ss' ing on cd diet but i'm finding it difficult to sleep at night , is this normal ??? also if it is how long does it go on for ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Some people find they have problems ... maybe to do with less carbs??? Guess there not scientific fact!! I get up more in the night for constant wee trips!!!

Try having half of one of your packs a bit later - so you have food in your stomach to go to sleep on. Also a warm bath helps .... good luck!

4. Caress

Caress Silver Member

Start Weight:
    26st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Diet:
    CD
    I had that trouble for the first few days, it was the hunger pangs that kept me awake. I've found that if I take a bottle of water to bed with me and sip it when the hunger pangs start, it's much easier to drift off, cos it fools my body into thinking I've had something to eat.

5. slimforlive

slimforlive Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find I need less sleep on SS as I have more energy - so I can go to bed later :) yay!

xx

6. NooNoo1970

NooNoo1970 Member

Start Weight:
    16st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st4.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.84%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I find I sleep Brill on CD!!!

Maybe its cos my body/metabolisim isnt munching its way through all the crap I have eaten all day!

But I certainly do sleep better, unless like last night I dont pee 'long enough' before I go to sleep and then cant be arsed to get out of bed for about 6hrs!!LOL

I guess it just effects some of us differently

But well done on your journey so far..keep up the good work, the results are FAB!

Lou X

7. Ruthlet

Ruthlet Wants to be a loser!

Diet:
    CD
    I found in the first week of SS'ing that I slept really badly - I tossed and turned and could not get more than about 45min sleep at any one time before I found I was wide awake again. I only had one 3 day in my CD-SS journey so only had to drop into ketosis twice and in both instances the insomnia lasted for a week maximum.

Once I was in ketosis I found I slept more soundly than usual and like Slim for Live I needed less sleep than before.

I hope this helps - Good luck with your journey :).

8. lollylou1

lollylou1 Full Member

Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE DIET
    hi

Hi i find having a chocolate shake warmed in the microwave at around 9ish is fab because your tummy is lovely and warm, it feels like its been fed and warms me up enough to get to sleep much better
    Lolly
    xxx

9. Mich

Mich Taking Back Control...!!!

I find once in ketosis I don't need as much sleep.... loads of energy but when I do sleep it's far more soundly - less dreams etc.... I put that down to less food in the tum so more comfortable..... I guess everyone is different....:)

10. Vicx

Vicx Reduction!!!!

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.15%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I sleep OK but struggle to fall asleep! Takes me ages - I feel like I'm on Proplus or something - have taken to having a warm choc tektra at night now and that seems to be sending me off quicker!

11. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

I found it really hard to sleep all the way through, I think ketosis gave me too much energy!

12. Rachel84

Rachel84 Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I was gonna post a thread about this, as i too have been finding it hard to get to sleep!!!!! i do however sleep like a baby once i've finally got to sleep. Am hoping its just because i've got lots of energy now, as before CD i was quite happy to drift off at 9pm watching telly.

13. shaziam

shaziam Full Member

Diet:
    tony ferguson
    thanks for replies, its not that im hungry i guess its ketosis , once im asleep im fine it just takes ages to drop off to sleep, going to try a hot chocolate shake see if that helps. on day for a so far so good .

14. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    My sleep is awful at the moment keep waking up every couple of hours but the biggest problem is NIGHTMARES!!! :eek: They are terrible at the moment & that's what keeps waking me up, i don't know if it has to anything to do with CD? but it didn't happen last time i was ssing! Maybe subconsciously i have something on my mind that is worrying me?

xxx

15. JayneGreeny

JayneGreeny Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.76%)
    Diet:
    shake that weight
    My sleep hasn;t been to bad so far. Im having my last shake around 8ish so ive found that better.

16. mellietherapy

mellietherapy Member

Diet:
    cambridge sole source
    Hi there,
    Im pretty new to the site and am on day 10 of SS. The last three days have been really difficult, I am so tired when the afternoons come, I have a really hectic job and am on my feet doing alot of brisk walking for at least 8 hours a day. Find Im wiped out about 3pm. I kep hearing how you get more energy in ketosis, but this hasnt happened for me, am getting really down with it. Advice PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mel xx

17. Lilly

Lilly Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I posted on here in wk1 of SS about sleep, I kept jumping and waking myself up (after it took me aged to get off). Drove me nuts! Nobody knew why, I just put it down to the radical change of diet!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.