Anyone swap from DUKAN to SW?

jillyg65

Hi there

I have been on Dukan for the last 6- or so weeks.
I have lost 20 pounds and wanted to lose another 11 - or so.

Found out today I am pregnant (only v v v v EARLY days)

But googled dieting in pregnancy and it looks like SW is supported by GP and midwives.

I don't have a clue about SW. never looked into it.

Would like to try lose the last bit of weight. Or try NOT to put all the weight back on I have just lost.
I am useless at dieting. This is the 1st time in 10 years that I have actually stuck to something and lost!! so a little frustrating that I have to stop dieting now- but I realise Dukan probably not pregnancy friendly.

just wondered how easy it is to swap over.
wondering if I will be messing up my body.

There is a SW class in my area on Wednesday. so was thinking of joining and trying to learn all about it.

at the moment reading all the posts is like another language to me!!
he he

thanks for any advice you have!

Most midwives and GP's support SW for pregnancy because it promotes a healthy, balanced diet. You can still it large meals, snacks, and have allowances of fibre and calcium rich foods such as breads, cereals, cheeses etc. This is on top of free foods such as pasta, rice, fruit and vegetables, potatoes etc. Will you be joining online or in a group? Or will it be just this forum?
I don't know anything about the DUKAN diet, but everyone on here will be able to help and support you if you choose to change to SW.
Good luck :)

I would definitely go to the class on Wednesday and speak to the consultant. You definitely get more freedom than on Dukan lol x

You will need to go to group to be able to follow the plan designed for pregnant women, which is different to the normal plan. You will also need your midwife to confirm to SW that they are happy for you to attend.

Congratulations on the pregnancy. SW is better for the body/baby as there is a wider range of food and does not rely on ketotic breakdown of protein. Go to the meeting and speak to the consultant. Also congrats on losing that amount of weight.

Congratulations x

There are three ladies that go to my class that are pregnant, and they are all really pleased with their progress, and weight gain and loss during their pregnancy.

Back