anyone swapped from cambridge to SW?

Maz35

Hi all, I'm on wk 6 of Cambridge Diet and have lost 21 lbs. Want to lose another 10 lbs and then swap to SW. I've done WW and SW in the past and SW is the only one that stops me binging. Has anyone else lost their weight with LL or CD and then switched? Many thanks in advance x

Yes, I've done both LL and CD, and I'm now on SW. I loved LL and CD just for the quick weightloss but unfortunately I couldn't continue as I had an intolerance to the foodpacks, which culminated in my eyes swelling a very raw looking rash. I've done SW before so know the in and outs. It won't be such a quick loss but at least I know it works.

Good luck to you on your new journey. Just a warning, don't expect to lose too much at the beginning as your body has got used to either SSing on CD or at least taking in a sustantially lesser amount of calories. I only lost 1/2lb in my first week.

Chris

http://livelifelighter

Hi Maz

Depending on whether you go for red or green guys, your loss in the first week won't be as good as say if you had not been doing a VLCD. Stick with it though, because it is an excellent programme :)

thank you, last time i did SW my losses were really slow and i think it was because i mainly had green days. If i can lose another 10-11 lbs on CD then i think i'll be happy so hopefully i won't be too hung up on losing loads each week doing SW. thanks for advice x

Hiya Maz, I've just switched from CD to SW and i'm currently on day 4. Not lost anything so far but didn't really stick to it much on the first couple of days due to not having the right type of food in the house. I put on 2lbs after stopping CD due to my glycogen stores re-loading. TBH i'm not expecting too much on SW as I can't get my head around eating so much and yet still losing weight, i'm just trying to maintain whilst i'm off CD so anything I lose will be a bonus and I can't be disappointed.

I weigh in on Saturdays so it will be interesting to see my results this week.

I'm sure you'll do fine on SW, losing the last few pounds slower will be better for maintaining in the long run.

thank you, i just know that i have a problem with binging so even if i lose another 11 lbs and then switch I'd be happy just to maintain my new weight, and boy will it be good to eat again! i used to make their sausage and baked bean pie and it was soooo yummy! can't wait x

Those 10lbs will be off before you know it on CD, then you'll be able to have all the lovely food on SW. Short term pain for long term gain!

Sausage and baked bean pie sounds scrummy, do you have a recipe?

Hi Maz, i lost 38lbs lbs on CD but had to stop due to the cost and have now come back to SW i have put on weight since i have come back off CD as mentioned due to glycogen stores building up again. But i dont want to get back into my old habbits...(which im starting to notice) so its back on SW full steam ahead. But again i know my losses will not be as much as on CD, but as long as i loose somthing each week, if only a lb...it all adds up!!

Good luck with your weigh loss! xx

hi maz i have been back and forth between cd and sw but i have to say sw is better for me as i love food too much lol and u also know te weigh is not gonna shoot back on with the slightest thing u eat.
goodluck with cd and see u soon over here. xx

Those 10lbs will be off before you know it on CD, then you'll be able to have all the lovely food on SW. Short term pain for long term gain!

Sausage and baked bean pie sounds scrummy, do you have a recipe?

hi, thanks for all the support, it sounds like the best plan for me when i get to target. The recipe for bean and sausage pie is: fry an onion, mushrooms and chopped cooked quorn sausages in a pan, add 1 tin of backed beans, put in a casserole dish and top with mashed potato and chuck in oven or under grill. all free on a green day! its yummy and i eat the whole pie when i'm following SW. enjoy x

Back