Anyone swapped from Lighterlife? Dilema.

Galorious

I've been doing Lighterlife for a while now. I got to a great weight but wasn't completely happy and wanted to carry on. Due to personal circumstances, I have been on and off the diet for 9 months now. I keep losing and gaining the same 3 stones and it's costing me a fortune.

Hopefully my personal life has settled enough to allow me to get back on the diet track and get the rest of this weight off. But when I returned to class last night, I was told about the changes to payment. It's making me reconsider if LL is the best diet for me. The packs work when I take them. I like the Counselling, it gives me a night out and I find it helpful. But at times when life has been hard for me I just want to take a few weeks out and have a bit more control and flexibility over what I eat, and being able to get back onto packs and on the right track before I go back would suit me. Clearly it's hard to get your hands on LL packs without attending a class.

So when I stumbled across this site, I saw there were alternatives. I guess what I am wondering is if I can mix LL and Slim and Save? Are they similar enough that when I couldn't make LL classes/didn't want to attend, I could swap in S&S packs and find little difference? I like the fact that I could have a salad or make some veg soup with S&S. I like that I could decide to have 3 packs and a bit steak or chicken on a special occassion without feeling like I had to justify it to a counsellor (not that I have to but I feel like I should!). I like that I could chose to stick 100% to it for a while, then slow it down when I felt the need without thinking "Blimey I've just blown £75 quid".

In the past I've felt very loyal to LL. I love my counsellor and wouldn't want to screw her over by appearing for one class in 4 to keep my costs down, but the changes in charges do make me question whether or not I can continue long term, especially if they are going to charge for Maintenance classes. When they were free, I could see me keeping my weight down by popping into a class once a month or so and perhaps purchasing packs if I wanted to get off a few pounds quickly, but I'm not going to do that if I'm getting charged. I'd rather keep a weeks worth on hand ordered from the internet and give me some freedom.

Well S&S is based on 4 packs per day as is LL. Weasey who is on this forum is on LL but mixes in certain S&S packs as she prefers them. She's been doing that for several months now with great success and has lost something like 8 stone so far. So I would say order a sample pack (or specific samples if you know that there are things you will hate in the multi pack) and see how it goes. Good luck!

As BG said I mix LL and SnS. The packs are quite different in taste - personally I prefer the LL shakes but I prefer the SnS bars (but smaller than LL) and the meals on SnS are really lovely! If ou're going to do SnS then I would suggest buying the sample pack which contains one of each flavour before placing a big order (the samples are only 99p a pack too!) The cheapest way to order these afterwards is the man's 5 a day 28 day pack - which works out at £1.07 a pack.

SnS is based on 4 packs a day in the same way as LL - which means that the nutritional values are roughly equal and you could have some LL and some SnS packs on the same day without problem. SnS also have a 3 pack plus a protein meal option. This isn't the same as LL lite as it is lower calorie than lite - still around 650 cals a day. You can mix and do some days with a protein meal and some days without. It doesn't matter what your bmi is - you can still do 3 packs plus a protein meal. SnS also allow 150ml of skimmed milk and up to 200g of certain vegetables a day - even if you are on 4 packs. These are optional.

I've stuck with LL mainly for the counselling. It is important to me and I think I need it in order to maintain in the long term. However, LL is very expensive and you will get the same weight loss on SnS.

Let me know if there's any other info which would be useful.

Back