anyone swapped to ww from lighter life?

nibbea

after a marrige breakup I cant afford the 66 pounds a week for lighter life or even the 30 pounds per week for cambridge.

Just wondered if it was possible to swap from a vlcd to weight watchers as I dont want to put all the weight I've lost back on.

Shona

Hi Shona, I havent but I know that some have, I seem to remember that it was hard at first, can you work up through the stages on CD to stabalise and then move to WW, I think if you did it straight away then a weight gain may happen due to stores of glycogen refilling

Back to WW too

Hiya!

I was on CD and am on day 3 of WW.
I pretty much stopped CD on xmas eve and was just careful about what I ate for the week or so leading up to January.

Since quiting CD (for health reasons with my collitis) on xmas eve I have gained 4lb and still the same this morning so I am guessing that all that is would be glycogen stores filling up and not actual fat gain so I'm satisfied with that.

I am loving getting back to WW this week - not intending on doing the classes as I am very broke at the mo but have all my stuff from before when I lost nearly 2st so will use that and the community boards.

Give me a shout if you need a buddy! :eek:)

x:)

Hi hayley

Good luck with WW, i'm thinking about changing to SW but it scares me to put on weight!!!! let us know how you get on!

well a 4lb gain I can live with as it can't possibly be fat .... I've stayed the same weight for a week now so I'm hoping thats the only gain I'll have seeing as I am eating better than I was and less than I was at xmas lol!

Will keep you posted!

Thanks Karen!!! :)

I have done it, and after the initial weight gain of glycogen as they call it, you do lose weight, just not as quickly and not necessarily every week.

I have slowly lost weight on WW, and think it takes a long time for your body to recover from a vlcd to then go to normal food.

But i think WW is more sensible than nothing cos with normal eating the weight could quickly pile back on (done that too)

Good luck at WW and keep us posted ;)

thanks Hayley can always use a buddy, will keep you up to date I am starting next thursday.

Good luck chuckie I will def keep you posted. I have lost 4 stone already, and still have 1 1/2 to go, I'm not bothered if it takes longer as long as I get there

I have just finished LL 'for good this time' as I'm a serial restarter and don't think it's doing my body or mind any favours. So I have found a WW class which starts tomorrow so tomorrow is the day! I gained exactly one stone over Christmas which is a bit gutting but I deserved it, of course had I known I wasn't going to do LL I wouldn't have let myself go mad - grrr :)

Anyway, here's hoping that we'll all have positive comments with regards to switching from LL to WW in a months time, fingers crossed.

Joe

hiya arty

tommorrow is day one for me...i still have some soup so I'm still eating that.

So the weight loss for me is yet to come, think Im going to be really upset as I have worked so hard.

Im not giving up though, good luck and keep me posted as to how you are doing.

tommorrow is day one for me...i still have some soup so I'm still eating that.

So the weight loss for me is yet to come, think Im going to be really upset as I have worked so hard.

Im not giving up though, good luck and keep me posted as to how you are doing.

Good luck, and please don't get upset. You've done so well so far. One thing I will recommend is don't worry if one week you stay the same or don't lose weight. Look at your weight over the course of the month! Also, I've just posted lots of tips in Joes thread, but they're just as much for you as well!

Keep posting on here, we will give you so much support! Well done on what you've achieved so far!! :D

Back